07-29-2018, 10:05 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I'm looking for a program that can extract*all*the files from a FastFile. If it makes a difference, these aren't retail .ffs but some from pre-alpha build 253. The tools I've found so far are made to mod console saves and only extract .gsc's. I'm really looking for textures, models, strings, and so on. What I've tried so far:*

* FastFileTool from the WaW mod tools - Should be able to extract everything. Gives me an error "Unknown block type. Stream might be corrupted" on all the files, even those from fully functioning missions.*
* Tom's FastFile Extractor - As above. Similar message, "corrupt or unsupported".*
* FF Explorer - Opens the FastFiles just fine - but is only designed to extract the scripts.*
* FF Viewer 1.2 (later versions throw an exception and crash) by James Blandford - Can see everything, so the best result so far. But it extracts the FastFiles as .dat files, and I can't find a way to open these within the program. (I'm aware .dat files are basically .txt files)*

Any help is much appreciated.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo