02-15-2011, 08:38 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey everyone =D

I just downloaded and opened Visual Basic 2010 Express for the first time and I'm in need of some help to get started.

I'm looking to make a program that will start with a splash screen and then automatically move onto the main application, kind of like the Adobe products where there's a little splash screen while it loads and then it goes to the 'main program'. (See example below)

You must login or register to view this content.

I've managed to make a form which will be my main program and also added a default Splash Screen by going to 'Add New Item..' I have tried adding a button on the actual Splash that takes the user on to the form when clicker, BUT what I want is for it to move on to it automatically.

So it's like Splash (5-10 secs) > Form1.

It's probably very simple but like I said I only just opened this for the first time now xD

Anyone know what code and where I need to put it for this? :O
02-16-2011, 03:52 PM #11
Originally posted by xFreezy
You can't disable one timer from a different form, lets say you have Timer1 in form1, you can't disable it from form2.

It's pretty easy to fix.

Lets say Form1 is your loading screen, add a timer to Form1. Now add this code on timer1_tick (Double click the timer):

Me.Hide()
Form2.Show()
Timer1.Stop()

Make timer1 enabled by default, less code, much easier.
Images i made, so maybe it will be easier to follow my instructions Smile
This worked, thank you very much! Happy
02-16-2011, 04:25 PM #12
Spirant
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by ccarlsen View Post
This worked, thank you very much! Happy

No Problem:embarrassed: Glad to help Smile
02-16-2011, 08:55 PM #13
It's. Not. Working :gluk:
I followed your instructions exactly but I get a couple errors so I can't debug it. Screenshots below:

(Form1)

(Form2)

Help? :FU:

Do you have a Timer on your designer? If you have teamviewer, private message me, I want to settle this with yaWinky Winky Because I swear to god it WORKED perfect for me.
02-16-2011, 09:09 PM #14
Default Avatar
Oneup
You could just goto Project > Add > Windows Form and select Splash Form, then under project settings, set the startup form to the splash form, no need for timers or anything else since it's done for you automatically
02-16-2011, 09:38 PM #15
Originally posted by UP View Post
You could just goto Project > Add > Windows Form and select Splash Form, then under project settings, set the startup form to the splash form, no need for timers or anything else since it's done for you automatically
I tried that at first but it just stays on the Splash forever, doesn't move on to the form :confused:
02-16-2011, 10:40 PM #16
Default Avatar
Oneup
I tried that at first but it just stays on the Splash forever, doesn't move on to the form :confused:

It has to be a splash form and not a regular otherwise it wont continue to the next form

The following user thanked Oneup for this useful post:

ccarlsen

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo