11-21-2011, 03:15 AM #1
Pauly
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Okay so I see a lot of people who don't now how to program and are always asking other people to make programs for them, with that being said, I figured, why not make a tutorial.
Now for the people learning VB.NET keep in mind that VB.NET is the simplest and easiest coding language.

Now, keep in mind that I will be updating this thread quite frequently.[/b]
[multipage=Essentials]
Visual Studio 2010
Download:
You must login or register to view this content.
A decent IQ :p

[multipage=Imports]

You can import .dll's when your program requires something by using the keyword 'Import'. Let's say you're making an Email sending program, you would
have a line of code at the top of your source reading:
'Imports System.Net.Mail'
(For those of you who know c#, it's the same as the keywork 'using'Winky Winky
Picture example:

[multipage= Declaring Variables and Constants]

Declaring variables and constants is easy to do in Visual Basic, you will either use the keyword 'Awesome faceim' (variable) or 'Const' (constant) then the name of your variable/constant, and what it is (a string, integer, etc.). For example:
Beware when declaring variables/constants, if they're declared inside a block of code then they will be exclusive to that code (unless you use byref or byval, but that's further than this tutorial currently goes...), but if you make them outside a block of code then they're global variables/constants and can be used everywhere.

[multipage=If, Else, and Elseif Statements & Message Boxes]

Let's say you want a message box to display one thing if a number = 10, another thing if said number = 11, or a totally different thing if it doesn't equal either 10 or 11
You would use a code that looks like this:

[multipage= Do, Loop]

Let's say you want a block of code to keep doing something, then you would add a line with the keyword 'Awesome faceo' before said block, and a line with the keyword 'Loop' after said block. Like so:

[multipage=Try Statements]

Try statements are very useful, if a code, for whatever reason, may provide errors then a try statement will make sure that these errors are avoided so that your program doesn't crash, then activates an alternative block of code. Basically, it works like this:
Last edited by Pauly ; 11-21-2011 at 03:19 AM.
11-21-2011, 03:42 AM #2
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Out of thanks but I'm going to say this, not a bad little tutorial but for now to be honest, there is no need to set everything up in little chapter chunks, just one page would be good with Spoilers, or if you choose to keep the chapter crap then remove the spoilers.

Just a suggestion. +1

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo