Post: [] How to use themes in your VB.net and C# Programs []
12-16-2011, 08:37 AM #1
tokzikate
Gym leader
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Make your programs look more professional - Using Themes

I've had a few people, who have seen some of my latest programs, ask me how to use themes.
This is a tutorial to show you how to use themes, in both C# and VB.net programs.

The person who I'm going to give the most credit to, is AeonHack, from HF, for creating a lot of themes, as well as the themebase, that many other people now use.

I'm going to link you to a youtube TuT, as well as give you a written one.

Written Tutorial- (I'll be using VB.net as example, though the same applies to C#)

1) Firstly open up Visual Studio.

2) Create a new, Visual Basic Windows Forms Application project(OR C#):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14169[/ATTACH]

3) Next, create a new class:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14163[/ATTACH]
4) Go to:
VB.Net:
You must login or register to view this content.
or
C#: You must login or register to view this content.

and copy all the raw paste data, and paste it into the class you just made, replacing the few lines of code that are in a new class by default.

the code that you just pasted in is Aeonhack's themebase version 1.5.2.

5) Create another new class, the same way we did before

6) Go to:
VB.net: You must login or register to view this content.
or
C#: You must login or register to view this content.

that is AeonHacks Fusion Theme, I tend to use that one alot, it looks pretty insane Winky Winky

Now copy all the raw paste data
, and paste it into the second class you made, replacing the few lines of code that are in that new class by default.

7) Press the "start debugging" button:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14165[/ATTACH]

8.) As soon as the blank form appears, Stop Debugging.

9) Now go to your toolbox, and you should see a new category, called "[yourprojectsname] components"

10) Now drag the "Fusion Theme" option over your form, and BOOM, awesome theme!

11) Also use the "Fusion Button"

12) Example:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14166[/ATTACH]

SOME EXTRA NOTES:

You will need to make the "minimize" and "exit" buttons yourself,

code for visual basic exit button
     me.close() 

code for C# Exit button(I think?)
     Application.Exit(); [[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR=#b22222][SIZE=5][SIZE=4]/CODE]

Code for Visual Basic Minimize button:
[/SIZE][CODE][SIZE=4] Me.WindowState = FormWindowState.Minimized[/SIZE]

Code fo C# Minimize buttom:
[/COLOR]
     [SIZE=4][COLOR=#b22222]This.WindowState = FormWindowState.Minimized[/COLOR][/SIZE] 

Also, you can use other themes in the same way, but make sure you use the right version themebase for the theme!
I will upload a theme collection soon, but you can get more of AeonHack's Themes from his pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/u/aeonhack

Video TuT by HF SoulZeh

I hope you enjoyed the Tutorial! Please leave feedback! Smile

Last edited by tokzikate ; 12-27-2011 at 12:47 AM.

The following 3 users say thank you to tokzikate for this useful post:

BriceC, I Need $, Jeremy
12-16-2011, 08:43 PM #2
tokzikate
Gym leader
mm, I'm thinking about starting to make my own themes. The right theme can make a program look SO much better! Happy
Originally posted by reScript
This thread just reminded me I need to finish off my theme dll I started a while back ;o
12-16-2011, 08:44 PM #3
kutzki
Banned
I've been looking everywhere for something like this. My friend is coding a crypter and he wanted to know how to do this. Thanks a lot man!
12-16-2011, 08:49 PM #4
tokzikate
Gym leader
no problem! enjoy Smile
Originally posted by kutzki View Post
I've been looking everywhere for something like this. My friend is coding a crypter and he wanted to know how to do this. Thanks a lot man!
12-16-2011, 08:53 PM #5
kutzki
Banned
Thanks I'll definitely do that!
12-17-2011, 12:58 AM #6
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Did this before but the hardest part of this is to get the right design, I'm not the best with GFX but if I can just come up with a nice dark theme, I would enjoy making my applications more often.
12-17-2011, 01:36 AM #7
tokzikate
Gym leader
same, I usually just use someone else's theme as a base for my programs, then edit it to my liking, giving credits of course Smile
Originally posted by Sublimity View Post
Did this before but the hardest part of this is to get the right design, I'm not the best with GFX but if I can just come up with a nice dark theme, I would enjoy making my applications more often.
12-17-2011, 01:44 AM #8
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Originally posted by tokzikate View Post
same, I usually just use someone else's theme as a base for my programs, then edit it to my liking, giving credits of course Smile

I like others creations but they don't always fit too well, I take the idea of what they have and then start making my own though it turns out perfectly like how I want it, maybe soon I can make it...

I think when I start working on my own keylogger again I will do something like this with the themes.
12-17-2011, 04:34 AM #9
tokzikate
Gym leader
that looks pretty good, simple yet sexy Winky Winky hahah
Like this one?
12-17-2011, 05:57 AM #10
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Like this one?

Somewhat similar but even I find a lot wrong with the design to what you are showing. The background to buttons do not go along together nicely, I'm assuming you have done things for check box's and such too. But, I'm very picky and so far that is the reason why I haven't been able to decide on any custom design.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo