09-14-2015, 02:49 AM #1
Default Avatar
Morphus
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Introduction
A lot of people have been adding security to their programs and one way to do that is by checking the users HWID, so I decided to write a C# class file which is provided at the bottom to allow your program to retrieve the users HWID.

What is a HWID
The Hardware ID (HWID) is a set of numbers and letters that uniquely identify your computer.

This basically means that each HWID is unique to each computer so for example lets say Johnny runs your program and assigns his computers HWID to his user account, if he uses another computer he will not be able to log in as the HWID won't match.

Obviously there are downsides to this but it's a simple security measure for people who are still learning to implement security in to their programs.

The Class File
So if you want to implement this in to your project you can copy a simple class that uses a method that returns a HWID value to the calling method.

You must login or register to view this content.

Mango_Knifes own Class You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Morphus ; 09-14-2015 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Title edit
09-14-2015, 07:55 AM #2
Mango_Knife
In my man cave
Originally posted by Morphus View Post
Introduction
A lot of people have been adding security to their programs and one way to do that is by checking the users HWID, so I decided to write a C# class file which is provided at the bottom to allow your program to retrieve the users HWID.

What is a HWID
The Hardware ID (HWID) is a set of numbers and letters that uniquely identify your computer.

This basically means that each HWID is unique to each computer so for example lets say Johnny runs your program and assigns his computers HWID to his user account, if he uses another computer he will not be able to log in as the HWID won't match.

Obviously there are downsides to this but it's a simple security measure for people who are still learning to implement security in to their programs.

The Class File
So if you want to implement this in to your project you can copy a simple class that uses a method that returns a HWID value to the calling method.

You must login or register to view this content.

Here is a sample i made quite some time ago if you want to add You must login or register to view this content.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo