Post: [Programming] Embed/Compile Library's in to your Build
11-30-2015, 03:20 AM #1
Sloth
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
So I'm pretty sure some of you are in the same boat as me where you have to use 3rd Party Libraries in your projects
such as HtmlAgilityPack of something similar.

As you know it's annoying having to included that in the folder with your program, so today I wanted to show you one way to have it
compiled into your executable build of your program.

It's actually very simple all you need to do is add a NuGet Package and you're good to go.

First Open your NuGet Manager in VS

(large Gif)
You must login or register to view this content.

Next Search for Fody.Costura and Install it.

(large Gif)

Now whenever you build your project all the Libraries will be Embedded/Compiled in to your executable, obviously this will increase the size of the executable but keeps it down to one file rather than an executable along with a bunch of libraries.

Any Issues let me know and I will try to help you out Smile

The following 4 users say thank you to Sloth for this useful post:

Boliberrys, Helping-Hand, Kam
11-30-2015, 03:21 AM #2
Kam
Investor - Future Millionaire
Originally posted by Slothy
So I'm pretty sure some of you are in the same boat as me where you have to use 3rd Party Libraries in your projects

As you know it's annoying having to included that in the folder with your program, so today I wanted to show you one way to have it

It's actually very simple all you need to do is add a NuGet Package and you're good to go.

(large Gif)

(large Gif)

Now whenever you build your project all the Libraries will be Embedded/Compiled in to your executable, obviously this will increase the size of the executable but keeps it down to one file rather than an executable along with a bunch of libraries.

Nice job, Sloth. Keep it up :p

The following user thanked Kam for this useful post:

11-30-2015, 07:00 AM #3
Toxic
former staff

(large Gif)

(large Gif)

not bad i like it, but virus scanners dont like it :(, cuz of the dll's Sal
11-30-2015, 11:27 AM #4
Sloth
Banned
Originally posted by TokSicModzZz View Post
not bad i like it, but virus scanners dont like it :(, cuz of the dll's Sal

Well if your not actually binding or making viruses you should be good :lol: just provide a Virus Scan and tell people it flags false positives.
11-30-2015, 02:26 PM #5
Toxic
former staff
Well if your not actually binding or making viruses you should be good :lol: just provide a Virus Scan and tell people it flags false positives.

Virus total dont like it, virus total is shitty tho Sal, i feel sorry for the people who believes virus total Sal

The following user thanked Toxic for this useful post:

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo