THREAD: Just starting out in PC gaming, any tips?
  1. 06-10-2011, 10:27 PM
    mman259
    Brute
    mman259
    Brute
    NextGenUpdate
    Hello everyone, i just ordered You must login or register to view this content. Graphics card, and You must login or register to view this content. Power supply. You must login or register to view this content. is my OEM PC.

I am by no means claiming to have the best setup, but it works for me Happy.

I am looking to overclock my GPU, and was wondering if anyone had some tips on doing so, or on anything in general.

One last thing, can anyone recommend some good "free" games? Awesome face
    Any help will be appreciated!
  2. 06-11-2011, 05:25 AM
    ResistTheMoon
    < ^ > < ^ >
    ResistTheMoon
    < ^ > < ^ >
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by mman259 View Post
    Hello everyone, i just ordered You must login or register to view this content. Graphics card, and You must login or register to view this content. Power supply. You must login or register to view this content. is my OEM PC.

I am looking to overclock my GPU, and was wondering if anyone had some tips on doing so, or on anything in general.

haha wow...nice pc. but there would be no need for a gpu overclock,the 5770 is a hoss in new games! That PSU should do u good also Winky Winky
    i recommend getting Call of duty 4 for your PC. its one of the most played PC game right im pretty sure and i love cod4 considering im a ol'e codjumper from the old days on cod4 lol anways...if you want free games. go to You must login or register to view this content. and get them there. hope i helped!
  3. The Following User Thanked ResistTheMoon For This Useful Post:

4. 06-11-2011, 09:42 AM
    Domov
    Banned
    Domov
    Banned
    NextGenUpdate
    A good game thats free is :

You must login or register to view this content. Smile
  5. The Following User Thanked Domov For This Useful Post:

6. 06-11-2011, 10:56 AM
    Modus
    ¯\_(ツWinky Winky_/¯
    Modus
    ¯\_(ツWinky Winky_/¯
    NextGenUpdate

Save up for battlefield 3 Winky Winky
  7. The Following User Thanked Modus For This Useful Post:

8. 06-11-2011, 12:30 PM
    mman259
    Brute
    mman259
    Brute
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by xCoDJumper View Post
    haha wow...nice pc. but there would be no need for a gpu overclock,the 5770 is a hoss in new games! That PSU should do u good also Winky Winky
    i recommend getting Call of duty 4 for your PC. its one of the most played PC game right im pretty sure and i love cod4 considering im a ol'e codjumper from the old days on cod4 lol anways...if you want free games. go to You must login or register to view this content. and get them there. hope i helped!

Thanks lol. I had Cod4, but i never had a CD key. Cracked servers on Cod4 suck :n:.

The reason i want to overclock is so i can just get a little better framerates. Stock i believe it is 860/1210, i might take it to like 950/1250.

Originally Posted by xZerko View Post
    Save up for battlefield 3 Winky Winky

It looks epic! I only hope i can run it Happy

Btw, wtf is up with your avatar:lol:
    Last edited by mman259 ; 06-11-2011 at 12:35 PM.

9. 06-11-2011, 12:42 PM
    Modus
    ¯\_(ツWinky Winky_/¯
    Modus
    ¯\_(ツWinky Winky_/¯
    NextGenUpdate
    Thanks lol. I had Cod4, but i never had a CD key. Cracked servers on Cod4 suck :n:.

The reason i want to overclock is so i can just get a little better framerates. Stock i believe it is 860/1210, i might take it to like 950/1250.

It looks epic! I only hope i can run it Happy

Btw, wtf is up with your avatar:lol:

its an awesome bouncing smiley face Happy
  10. 06-11-2011, 05:48 PM
    Jakeee
    A$AP Jake
    Jakeee
    A$AP Jake
    NextGenUpdate
    Hey you got a nice PC there Smile I recently built my own PC and I love to play CoD 4 and MW2! Happy GTA 4 is also pretty good if your into to those types of games! Amd I think you should be able to run BF3 on quite a high graphics setting!
  11. 06-13-2011, 01:25 AM
    CommunistWaffle
    Pokemon Trainer
    CommunistWaffle
    Pokemon Trainer
    NextGenUpdate
    Download Steam and buy games you think look interesting. For older PC games, check out You must login or register to view this content.
  12. 06-13-2011, 01:44 AM
    mman259
    Brute
    mman259
    Brute
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Jakeee View Post
    Hey you got a nice PC there Smile I recently built my own PC and I love to play CoD 4 and MW2! Happy GTA 4 is also pretty good if your into to those types of games! Amd I think you should be able to run BF3 on quite a high graphics setting!

I Hope so lol. I really want to play APB: Reloaded and Fallout New Vegas, but my shipment might not arrive til the 16th Sad Awesome
  13. 06-19-2011, 06:57 AM
    omaga12
    Keeper
    omaga12
    Keeper
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by CommunistWaffle View Post
    Download Steam and buy games you think look interesting. For older PC games, check out You must login or register to view this content.

Yea steam is awsome