07-28-2011, 01:53 PM #1
Pixie Lott
Keep it MeLLo
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); D/Led GTA IV in the steam sale couple weeks ago finally got it D/L after being on Holiday but when i try to play it i get this message, But i dont run vista i run Win7 and i have a higher Service pack then 1

You must login or register to view this content.
07-28-2011, 05:35 PM #2
Winning
Former Staff
First off. Try verifying the game cache(Steam>Library>GTA4>Properties>Local Files>Verify Integrity of Game Cache). If that doesn't work, find the .exe and go to Properties>Compatibility> Check 'Run this program in compatibility for' and choose Vista Service Pack 2.
07-28-2011, 09:55 PM #3
Pixie Lott
Keep it MeLLo
Originally posted by Winning View Post
First off. Try verifying the game cache(Steam>Library>GTA4>Properties>Local Files>Verify Integrity of Game Cache). If that doesn't work, find the .exe and go to Properties>Compatibility> Check 'Run this program in compatibility for' and choose Vista Service Pack 2.

Still not working and it doesnt have compatibilty mode as its was D/Led form Steam
07-28-2011, 10:20 PM #4
Winning
Former Staff
Originally posted by Pixie
Still not working and it doesnt have compatibilty mode as its was D/Led form Steam

I have no idea then. The best thing you can do is try and get on Steam Support.
07-28-2011, 10:58 PM #5
Originally posted by Pixie
I had the same problem, run in compatability for windows 2000. Worked for me.

Go to c:/Program files x86(just program files for 32 bit)/steam/steamapps/common/grand theft auto iv/gta4/ right click "launchGTA4.exe" go to properties, compatability tab

and select run this program in compatability mode for "windows 2000" then save and launch it from that file.

The following user thanked mman259 for this useful post:

Pixie Lott
07-29-2011, 11:43 AM #6
Pixie Lott
Keep it MeLLo
Originally posted by mman259 View Post
I had the same problem, run in compatability for windows 2000. Worked for me.

Go to c:/Program files x86(just program files for 32 bit)/steam/steamapps/common/grand theft auto iv/gta4/ right click "launchGTA4.exe" go to properties, compatability tab

and select run this program in compatability mode for "windows 2000" then save and launch it from that file.

FINALLY Thank you sooo much :y:

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo