01-17-2013, 01:30 AM #1
Toke
PC Master Race
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This thread is to inform you about PC gaming and explain a few myths some of you console gamer may have.

[multipage= Myths]

Why Are Gaming Computers So Expensive?
The price of a gaming computer as as many of you think would be well up over $1000 as most people think of Alienware desktops and laptops which are insanely expensive. Most people's only cost around $500-$700 most people spend around $500 on a good laptop once every couple of years just like us PC gamer's usually get a new upgrade every 2 or 3 years and sell our old rigs or we upgrade them slowly.

Only Nerds Play Them?
Actually This is also 100% false since the realease of Day-Z and Minecraft many "normal" people have been buying Gaming PCs

Are the keyboards are confusing and hard to learn?
At first yes but the first time you picked up a xbox or ps3 controller was it difficult? yes. You learn slowly and you can use a gaming controller with a gaming pc but you will lose to the fast reflexes of someone using a mouse and keyboard

[multipage= Price]
Actually Price isn't as bad as many people think and if you buy alot of xbox games once a week or once every 2 weeks you will love steams sales and just overall lower prices sometimes on sales you get brand new games that just came out for $30 and you just hit download. Also after a year or two you can sell your pc for alot more then it would have cost you to build which is preferred to keep prices down. A $700 pc build today will be able to sell for $700 next year and a $500 pc built now can be sold now for $700 so if you don't like your gaming pc you can just sell it and make some money which is a good way to talk your parents into helping you buy it or buy it for you.

[multipage= Why Is It Better Then Console]
1. Better Graphics if you argue with this one your plain and simple stupid
2. Wider Range of popular games to find people playing. I mean on console everyone plays sports games and shooters
3. Freely Use Mods
4. Larger Dedicated Servers
5. More Tactical Players In Shooters
6. Older more Mature community
Last edited by Toke ; 01-17-2013 at 02:18 AM.

The following 8 users say thank you to Toke for this useful post:

BrokenRoses22, Dman93, G-G-J, Gian_, Insult, ivisionz, Lovol,
01-17-2013, 02:13 AM #2
Default Avatar
Lovol
Originally posted by ToKiiNz View Post
4. Larger Server Sizes
Don't forget that a lot of games have dedi's.

The following user thanked Lovol for this useful post:

Toke
01-17-2013, 02:18 AM #3
Toke
PC Master Race
true also i tryed to make it short and sweet, god forbid children read
01-17-2013, 08:15 AM #4
.JTB.
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by ToKiiNz View Post
This thread is to inform you about PC gaming and explain a few myths some of you console gamer may have.

[multipage= Myths]

Why Are Gaming Computers So Expensive?
The price of a gaming computer as as many of you think would be well up over $1000 as most people think of Alienware desktops and laptops which are insanely expensive. Most people's only cost around $500-$700 most people spend around $500 on a good laptop once every couple of years just like us PC gamer's usually get a new upgrade every 2 or 3 years and sell our old rigs or we upgrade them slowly.

Only Nerds Play Them?
Actually This is also 100% false since the realease of Day-Z and Minecraft many "normal" people have been buying Gaming PCs

Are the keyboards are confusing and hard to learn?
At first yes but the first time you picked up a xbox or ps3 controller was it difficult? yes. You learn slowly and you can use a gaming controller with a gaming pc but you will lose to the fast reflexes of someone using a mouse and keyboard

[multipage= Price]
Actually Price isn't as bad as many people think and if you buy alot of xbox games once a week or once every 2 weeks you will love steams sales and just overall lower prices sometimes on sales you get brand new games that just came out for $30 and you just hit download. Also after a year or two you can sell your pc for alot more then it would have cost you to build which is preferred to keep prices down. A $700 pc build today will be able to sell for $700 next year and a $500 pc built now can be sold now for $700 so if you don't like your gaming pc you can just sell it and make some money which is a good way to talk your parents into helping you buy it or buy it for you.

[multipage= Why Is It Better Then Console]
1. Better Graphics if you argue with this one your plain and simple stupid
2. Wider Range of popular games to find people playing. I mean on console everyone plays sports games and shooters
3. Freely Use Mods
4. Larger Dedicated Servers
5. More Tactical Players In Shooters
6. Older more Mature community

We talk about this stuff everyday in the tech school I go to, we have the hardcore console guys like me in the class then we have hardcore pc players in the class theres a large variety but yea PC gaming is cool just don't have the time or money to get or build a PC.
01-17-2013, 08:29 AM #5
For next gen Im thinking from moving from PS3 to PC.
01-19-2013, 04:51 AM #6
I've tried PC gaming at my cousin's house once. It was too weird because I've been a console gamer since the beginning and controlling the same game but with a mouse is just awkward (he didn't have an Xbox controller to connect to the PC).

The following user thanked Harlem Shake for this useful post:

Dexla
01-19-2013, 05:22 AM #7
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Nice thread. I'm glad I made the move from console to PC however I still play on ps3 occasionally.
01-19-2013, 06:55 AM #8
TPB Bubbles
< ^ > < ^ >
Pc gaming is amazing i love i can switch from gaming to youtube or site searching is very covenant and saving up for a pc is not hard i saved for a couple months then a couple months later upgraded the pc to what i wanted just comes down to money management which a lot of people don't seem to have these daysHappy Nice post Tok
01-19-2013, 04:59 PM #9
Toke
PC Master Race
patience and looking for good deals i know when you buy a high end pc on cyberpowerpc.com you can get a couple free games to play which is a good deal and many people don't realise $500 gaming pc is a great option and can easily max out games
01-20-2013, 07:22 PM #10
I would definitely like to move to pc gaming, but money is the issue. You know poor college kid :(

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo