Post: Kill Your Console Switch To PC (Updated : Christmas 2017)
04-14-2014, 09:53 PM #1
Toke
PC Master Race
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This thread is about why you should kill your console and switch to PC this features a roughly $600 build this doesn't include a Mouse or Keyboard or monitor which are Highly recommended. If you want a cheaper one feel free to ask

UPDATED BUILD
You must login or register to view this content.

This is a chart that gives you the idea about how much cheaper PC is and the build I made is actually very similar too the build I have listed. There are other reasons why you should switch

Better Game Selection- PC has a better game selection overall you can't deny it there's multiple stores to buy from, tons of free games, lots of genres not widely available on Console.

Better Graphics this is very obvious one but its another to add because we like beautiful games and if you don't then would you rather play watch dogs or battlefield 4 on a NES or a PC?

Mods - PC has lots of Mods that can improve games/ make new games out of old games, Modding is frowned upon on Consoles and some Developers on PC go out of the way to make the game friendly to mods.

More Hardcore/Casual - There's more super hardcore players and we all seen those guys playing StarCraft for hours upon hours without stopping and then there's casual players playing Minecraft or casual indie games.

There's many more pros to be listed but I don't want this thread to be too long
Last edited by Toke ; 11-16-2017 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Christmas 2017 Update

The following 77 users say thank you to Toke for this useful post:

-SuperMan, Hammy, ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ, One, A75G, Agent Beast, MLB, BaumHF1, BGPHDModZz, Blaze Modding, ChefHOU, Cien, Gemi, Crumpp, Crunk, Cryptic, Insight, DJR_Supreme, DoctorSatan, Rath, Exploited, Fixed Username, frankval323, Gay For Satan, Geo, Glittery Penis Skittle, Hadenkin, HaTeRM4NR33T, HighModzz, SQUID-EYE, IamKern, ResistTheJamsha, Je Modz, jerrmy12, Joel, JrModz, Karisma, kciN, Deleted-User0000000012210, M-alShammary, moekroeman, Oklahoma, OtagoFlames, Pewp, PPx7temp, punkybear2102, ResistTheMoon, ResistTheSun, Rick, ROCKY_southpaw, Saint Goofy, SataQ, SC58, Sheldon Cooper, Silent Assassin, Sir Zee, Slinky, Specter, Tears, TheLastHelmet, Ciri, Tyler, Vectriixx, Vince, xkoeckiiej, xLew--, xRaay
09-05-2014, 07:10 AM #110
Cryptic
Former Staff | Content Manager
Originally posted by minimitch140 View Post
Call me back when you jailbreak a PC/laptop

We don't need to do that [jailbreak]? We can MOD our games THE SECOND we buy them, and what's better, we don't get banned for it, as it's SUPPORTED AND ENCOURAGED.

Did you not read the post?

Originally posted by Toke View Post

Mods - PC has lots of Mods that can improve games/ make new games out of old games, Modding is frowned upon on Consoles and some Developers on PC go out of the way to make the game friendly to mods.

Have fun getting banned on consoles. I'm going to go mod the shit out of Skyrim and Minecraft.
09-05-2014, 07:28 AM #111
minimitch140
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Cryptic

We don't need to do that [jailbreak]? We can MOD our games THE SECOND we buy them, and what's better, we don't get banned for it, as it's SUPPORTED AND ENCOURAGED.

Did you not read the post?

Have fun getting banned on consoles. I'm going to go mod the shit out of Skyrim and Minecraft.

Chill dude I was joking but you can get free dlc and shit and free games which you can play online. I wasn't talking about modding xD
09-05-2014, 07:47 AM #112
Cryptic
Originally posted by minimitch140 View Post
Chill dude I was joking but you can get free dlc and shit and free games which you can play online. I wasn't talking about modding xD

Steam has free games, and sales that make games dirt cheap, as well as free DLC, and free things ALL the time. We also don't have to pay any online service fees to play.

I know what you're thinking, you don't know, you never played consoles. Wrong. I've owned a 360 (better than the PS3 for online play), and a PS4 sits right next to my PC collecting dust. I prefer my PC anyday of the week.

You're argument still remains invalid.
09-05-2014, 08:21 AM #113
minimitch140
Bounty hunter
Steam has free games, and sales that make games dirt cheap, as well as free DLC, and free things ALL the time. We also don't have to pay any online service fees to play.

I know what you're thinking, you don't know, you never played consoles. Wrong. I've owned a 360 (better than the PS3 for online play), and a PS4 sits right next to my PC collecting dust. I prefer my PC anyday of the week.

You're argument still remains invalid.

Im going to be completely honest here and say I prefer PC and I only said console because I was jealous that I don't have a gaming laptop. My shitty school laptop<PS3
09-05-2014, 08:37 AM #114
MerkFTW
G̝ͤ̀̓͑̔Oͨ̑͏̞M̰͎̲̥ͧͅL̟͛ ̤̺̪ ͚͍̳
Most people just want a plug and play system. Yeah granted that you could build a computer and get more bang for your buck, but most people don't want to go through the hassle or their comfortable with just consoles. However, after spending the time and money (roughly $1300), I do prefer PC over my consoles. That's just my 2 cents..
09-05-2014, 09:01 AM #115
iTruceFret
[move]From now on, call me DRAGON.[/move]
So the top...'a computer build without a mouse, keyboard, and monitor...' $475. Add another $200-300 for those. No thank you. I'll stick with my Playstation 4. Also, why the fuck is this thread in the shout box? Silly PC fanboys. Tricks are for kids.
09-05-2014, 09:30 AM #116
Cryptic
Originally posted by iTruceFret View Post
So the top...'a computer build without a mouse, keyboard, and monitor...' $475. Add another $200-300 for those. No thank you. I'll stick with my Playstation 4. Also, why the fuck is this thread in the shout box? Silly PC fanboys. Tricks are for kids.

So how are you posting on NGU then? Magic?

PC fanboys? NGU is a place for ALL gaming platforms. Consoles do not reign here, especially not Playstation. FYI I put it in the notice, thank you. That's why its in there.
09-05-2014, 09:51 AM #117
minimitch140
Bounty hunter
So how are you posting on NGU then? Magic?

PC fanboys? NGU is a place for ALL gaming platforms. Consoles do not reign here, especially not Playstation. FYI I put it in the notice, thank you. That's why its in there.

Thanks for putting this in.
09-05-2014, 10:31 AM #118
nay1995
The Master
everyone has their own opinion, but what you need to consider with PC is that every 6 months to a year you will need to upgrade to play the latest games at top quality, as for console there is no need for a change throughout the whole life of the machine, yes you cant run all games at top quality like battlefield but personally i'm not to bothered.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo