Post: Kill Your Console Switch To PC (Updated : Christmas 2017)
04-14-2014, 09:53 PM #1
Toke
PC Master Race
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This thread is about why you should kill your console and switch to PC this features a roughly $600 build this doesn't include a Mouse or Keyboard or monitor which are Highly recommended. If you want a cheaper one feel free to ask

UPDATED BUILD
You must login or register to view this content.

This is a chart that gives you the idea about how much cheaper PC is and the build I made is actually very similar too the build I have listed. There are other reasons why you should switch

Better Game Selection- PC has a better game selection overall you can't deny it there's multiple stores to buy from, tons of free games, lots of genres not widely available on Console.

Better Graphics this is very obvious one but its another to add because we like beautiful games and if you don't then would you rather play watch dogs or battlefield 4 on a NES or a PC?

Mods - PC has lots of Mods that can improve games/ make new games out of old games, Modding is frowned upon on Consoles and some Developers on PC go out of the way to make the game friendly to mods.

More Hardcore/Casual - There's more super hardcore players and we all seen those guys playing StarCraft for hours upon hours without stopping and then there's casual players playing Minecraft or casual indie games.

There's many more pros to be listed but I don't want this thread to be too long
Last edited by Toke ; 11-16-2017 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Christmas 2017 Update

The following 77 users say thank you to Toke for this useful post:

-SuperMan, Hammy, ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ, One, A75G, Agent Beast, MLB, BaumHF1, BGPHDModZz, Blaze Modding, ChefHOU, Cien, Gemi, Crumpp, Crunk, Cryptic, Insight, DJR_Supreme, DoctorSatan, Rath, Exploited, Fixed Username, frankval323, Gay For Satan, Geo, Glittery Penis Skittle, Hadenkin, HaTeRM4NR33T, HighModzz, SQUID-EYE, IamKern, ResistTheJamsha, Je Modz, jerrmy12, Joel, JrModz, Karisma, kciN, Deleted-User0000000012210, M-alShammary, moekroeman, Oklahoma, OtagoFlames, Pewp, PPx7temp, punkybear2102, ResistTheMoon, ResistTheSun, Rick, ROCKY_southpaw, Saint Goofy, SataQ, SC58, Sheldon Cooper, Silent Assassin, Sir Zee, Slinky, Specter, Tears, TheLastHelmet, Ciri, Tyler, Vectriixx, Vince, xkoeckiiej, xLew--, xRaay
04-15-2014, 06:19 PM #29
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by 1UP View Post
That's a piss poor argument.

#5 is a good one. Enjoy your FPS drops and even worse net code because p2p networking for online gaming is shit.

Again enjoy your jaggies

That image is golden
04-15-2014, 09:37 PM #30
Vipr
Vault dweller
Originally posted by Toke View Post
This thread is about why you should kill your console and switch to PC this features a roughly $475 build this doesn't include a Mouse or Keyboard or monitor which are Highly recommended.

This is a chart that gives you the idea about how much cheaper PC is and the build I made is actually very similar too the build I have listed. There are other reasons why you should switch

Better Game Selection- PC has a better game selection overall you can't deny it there's multiple stores to buy from, tons of free games, lots of genres not widely available on Console.

Better Graphics this is very obvious one but its another to add because we like beautiful games and if you don't then would you rather play watch dogs or battlefield 4 on a NES or a PC?

Mods - PC has lots of Mods that can improve games/ make new games out of old games, Modding is frowned upon on Consoles and some Developers on PC go out of the way to make the game friendly to mods.

More Hardcore/Casual - There's more super hardcore players and we all seen those guys playing StarCraft for hours upon hours without stopping and then there's casual players playing Minecraft or casual indie games.

There's many more pros to be listed but I don't want this thread to be too long

Im thinking about doing this. But I need to sell a: Xbox One, Jailbroken PS3, and a PS3. But do you know any good sites to make a build?
04-15-2014, 10:09 PM #31
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Hexagor View Post
Im thinking about doing this. But I need to sell a: Xbox One, Jailbroken PS3, and a PS3. But do you know any good sites to make a build?

The site i linked the build with works good
04-15-2014, 10:35 PM #32
Tustin
Balls of Steel
This is a good graph but some things I'd like to point out. While I'm not a PC gamer (or really a gamer at all anymore), I imagine some where down that 8 year road some upgrades would be necessary for your PC, no? You could always keep the same hardware but if you want to stay consistent with the newer games and play them decently, it seems like you'd need to do some upgrades which were not present in this graph.

Another quick thing I'd like to throw out there is that it's not really necessary for the user to have a PS+ subscription to use online services on PS4. Sure, if you want to play multiplayer with friends then I guess you could take that into account but it's not really required, nor would most people continuously have a PS+ subscription for years.

So really, in the end, it's all about personal preference (and in my opinion, the way it should be). As others said personal things come into play like friends playing on which console more or console exclusive games which could change someone's opinion on what platform to play.

The following 2 users say thank you to Tustin for this useful post:

Cobra-D, joshvil2000
04-15-2014, 11:13 PM #33
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Tustin View Post
This is a good graph but some things I'd like to point out. While I'm not a PC gamer (or really a gamer at all anymore), I imagine some where down that 8 year road some upgrades would be necessary for your PC, no? You could always keep the same hardware but if you want to stay consistent with the newer games and play them decently, it seems like you'd need to do some upgrades which were not present in this graph.

Another quick thing I'd like to throw out there is that it's not really necessary for the user to have a PS+ subscription to use online services on PS4. Sure, if you want to play multiplayer with friends then I guess you could take that into account but it's not really required, nor would most people continuously have a PS+ subscription for years.

So really, in the end, it's all about personal preference (and in my opinion, the way it should be). As others said personal things come into play like friends playing on which console more or console exclusive games which could change someone's opinion on what platform to play.

It says at the bottom but even after mild upgrades you still would end up saving money
04-15-2014, 11:44 PM #34
Tustin
Balls of Steel
Originally posted by Toke View Post
It says at the bottom but even after mild upgrades you still would end up saving money

Ah, I figured I completely missed something about it :p.
04-16-2014, 12:14 AM #35
Default Avatar
Brad
Originally posted by Griffin View Post
Here we go again. I couldn't care less if PC gaming was cheaper in the long run, I will still choose the PS4 every time over the PC. Number 1 reason is i will never want to game with a mouse and keyboard, that would just be awful in my opinion. Obviously you can use controllers on the PC however not all games are compatible since they have a lot of controls which the controller can't handle. Also if your playing online FPS games the keyboard + mouse users will quite the advantage over you.
Number 2, Sitting down on the couch or using my gaming chair is much preferred to sitting at my desk like i am now. And 1UP yes there is an argument to it since maybe not everyone wants to drag around some portable desk to put their mouse and keyboard on.
Number 3, as for most people who play consoles, their friends play on it too and that's a big reason why i and many others enjoy playing on a console so you can play with friends. You could make new friends on PC but not everyone wants to do that.
Number 4, As previously mentioned, Big titles on the PS4 such as Cod ghosts, BF4 and Assassins creed black flag run a 1080p at 60 fps. So those graphics are more than good enough.
Number 5, Simplicity. Consoles will always be more simple to game on than PC, you can simply buy any game and put it straight into the console and it will work flawlessly every time, unlike some PC users who have to worry about whether their PC's will be able to handle playing the game in the first place.

Don't forget the fact that console gamers care more about the smoothness of the game and don't really care if the textures aren't amazing, as long as the game is fun to play and can be played with friends, I really don't give a flying fuck. This whole pc vs console thing really annoys me -.-
04-16-2014, 01:57 AM #36
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Brad View Post
Don't forget the fact that console gamers care more about the smoothness of the game and don't really care if the textures aren't amazing, as long as the game is fun to play and can be played with friends, I really don't give a flying fuck. This whole pc vs console thing really annoys me -.-

Well except it's the console crowd that gave us gems like COD ghosts,
04-16-2014, 10:15 AM #37
Peter_Griffin
Are you high?
Originally posted by 1UP View Post
That's a piss poor argument.

#5 is a good one. Enjoy your FPS drops and even worse net code because p2p networking for online gaming is shit.

Again enjoy your jaggies

It's not a piss poor argument at all, i want to sit back and relax while sitting down on the couch or whatever. Not have to worry about where im going to fit my keyboard and mouse, your not exactly going to have them on your lap are you.

Also as far as i know COD ghosts and BF4 have dedi servers on ps4 so i don't know where your going with that one. And you talk about jaggies yet I've never really had a problem with the graphics on my screen. Oh and nice pic.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo