Post: Kill Your Console Switch To PC (Updated : Christmas 2017)
04-14-2014, 09:53 PM #1
Toke
PC Master Race
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This thread is about why you should kill your console and switch to PC this features a roughly $600 build this doesn't include a Mouse or Keyboard or monitor which are Highly recommended. If you want a cheaper one feel free to ask

UPDATED BUILD
You must login or register to view this content.

This is a chart that gives you the idea about how much cheaper PC is and the build I made is actually very similar too the build I have listed. There are other reasons why you should switch

Better Game Selection- PC has a better game selection overall you can't deny it there's multiple stores to buy from, tons of free games, lots of genres not widely available on Console.

Better Graphics this is very obvious one but its another to add because we like beautiful games and if you don't then would you rather play watch dogs or battlefield 4 on a NES or a PC?

Mods - PC has lots of Mods that can improve games/ make new games out of old games, Modding is frowned upon on Consoles and some Developers on PC go out of the way to make the game friendly to mods.

More Hardcore/Casual - There's more super hardcore players and we all seen those guys playing StarCraft for hours upon hours without stopping and then there's casual players playing Minecraft or casual indie games.

There's many more pros to be listed but I don't want this thread to be too long
Last edited by Toke ; 11-16-2017 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Christmas 2017 Update

The following 77 users say thank you to Toke for this useful post:

-SuperMan, Hammy, ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ, One, A75G, Agent Beast, MLB, BaumHF1, BGPHDModZz, Blaze Modding, ChefHOU, Cien, Gemi, Crumpp, Crunk, Cryptic, Insight, DJR_Supreme, DoctorSatan, Rath, Exploited, Fixed Username, frankval323, Gay For Satan, Geo, Glittery Penis Skittle, Hadenkin, HaTeRM4NR33T, HighModzz, SQUID-EYE, IamKern, ResistTheJamsha, Je Modz, jerrmy12, Joel, JrModz, Karisma, kciN, Deleted-User0000000012210, M-alShammary, moekroeman, Oklahoma, OtagoFlames, Pewp, PPx7temp, punkybear2102, ResistTheMoon, ResistTheSun, Rick, ROCKY_southpaw, Saint Goofy, SataQ, SC58, Sheldon Cooper, Silent Assassin, Sir Zee, Slinky, Specter, Tears, TheLastHelmet, Ciri, Tyler, Vectriixx, Vince, xkoeckiiej, xLew--, xRaay
04-16-2014, 01:07 PM #38
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Griffin View Post
It's not a piss poor argument at all, i want to sit back and relax while sitting down on the couch or whatever. Not have to worry about where im going to fit my keyboard and mouse, your not exactly going to have them on your lap are you.

Also as far as i know COD ghosts and BF4 have dedi servers on ps4 so i don't know where your going with that one. And you talk about jaggies yet I've never really had a problem with the graphics on my screen. Oh and nice pic.

Dedicated servers mean little to the server quality and after you play PC and go back to console. You will see jaggies and a hint in cod ghosts on ps3 and bf3 on ps3 they are horrendously bad, also PC has a lot more then 2
Last edited by Toke ; 04-16-2014 at 09:59 PM.
04-16-2014, 01:13 PM #39
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Griffin View Post
It's not a piss poor argument at all, i want to sit back and relax while sitting down on the couch or whatever. Not have to worry about where im going to fit my keyboard and mouse, your not exactly going to have them on your lap are you.

Also as far as i know COD ghosts and BF4 have dedi servers on ps4 so i don't know where your going with that one. And you talk about jaggies yet I've never really had a problem with the graphics on my screen. Oh and nice pic.

No it's a bad argument. 2 games with possible "dedicated" servers out of all the games you have doesn't really help your case. Consoles can't do anti aliasing, its true for the ps4 and shitbox. Textures can be better but jaggies will never go away.
04-16-2014, 11:17 PM #40
YouAppreciateMe
I Be That Pretty Mother****er
Screw PC, console since I was 8 young blood
#ThugLife
04-17-2014, 12:21 AM #41
xLew--
Former Staff
id love to be able to keep up with a pc thats top of the range, but unfortunately i wouldnt be able to afford to keep buying new hardware, id want the best so i can play games in their full glory.

console does the job and i needn't worry about having to buy any extras in the future.

maybe one day ill switch back to pc.
04-17-2014, 01:11 AM #42
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by xLew
id love to be able to keep up with a pc thats top of the range, but unfortunately i wouldnt be able to afford to keep buying new hardware, id want the best so i can play games in their full glory.

console does the job and i needn't worry about having to buy any extras in the future.

maybe one day ill switch back to pc.

The hardware isn't that hard to keep up with as if you get good parts like if.you were to.build.today a fx6300 and a gtx 770 would be perfectly fine for 2-3, years

The following user thanked Toke for this useful post:

xLew--
04-17-2014, 01:16 AM #43
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Toke View Post
The hardware isn't that hard to keep up with as if you get good parts like if.you were to.build.today a fx6300 and a gtx 770 would be perfectly fine for 2-3, years

Uh try again. At least 5-6 years. The old GTX 200 series is still holding up in most cases.
04-17-2014, 05:29 AM #44
Can vouch, pc master race.

The following user thanked Sheldon Cooper for this useful post:

04-17-2014, 08:00 AM #45
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
PC can use a controller also just need to use an Xbox 360 or one pad (unsure on support), due to the drivers and support.
Also, you can build some pretty small PCs which can game now, or small pre built systems are around like gigabyte brix.

Also Mini ATX builds/Mini cases which can fit ATX boards around.
You must login or register to view this content. examples of case design.

My problem is lack of space for a mouse/keyboard, could build a PC would need to build a desk for it but no space for keyboard/mouse.
Could always go with wireless mouse/keyboards but no flat surfaces. So it would be likely be using a controller in the end.
Maybe I could come up with a system to make it work.

Most of the problem is building it and finding the right parts for most people, mixed with people are unsure how PC gaming works vs console gaming or the form factor it can take.
04-17-2014, 01:07 PM #46
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post

Most of the problem is building it and finding the right parts for most people, mixed with people are unsure how PC gaming works vs console gaming or the form factor it can take.

Some people also forget to breathe from time to time

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo