Post: Kill Your Console Switch To PC (Updated : Christmas 2017)
04-14-2014, 09:53 PM #1
Toke
PC Master Race
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This thread is about why you should kill your console and switch to PC this features a roughly $600 build this doesn't include a Mouse or Keyboard or monitor which are Highly recommended. If you want a cheaper one feel free to ask

UPDATED BUILD
You must login or register to view this content.

This is a chart that gives you the idea about how much cheaper PC is and the build I made is actually very similar too the build I have listed. There are other reasons why you should switch

Better Game Selection- PC has a better game selection overall you can't deny it there's multiple stores to buy from, tons of free games, lots of genres not widely available on Console.

Better Graphics this is very obvious one but its another to add because we like beautiful games and if you don't then would you rather play watch dogs or battlefield 4 on a NES or a PC?

Mods - PC has lots of Mods that can improve games/ make new games out of old games, Modding is frowned upon on Consoles and some Developers on PC go out of the way to make the game friendly to mods.

More Hardcore/Casual - There's more super hardcore players and we all seen those guys playing StarCraft for hours upon hours without stopping and then there's casual players playing Minecraft or casual indie games.

There's many more pros to be listed but I don't want this thread to be too long
Last edited by Toke ; 11-16-2017 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Christmas 2017 Update

The following 77 users say thank you to Toke for this useful post:

-SuperMan, Hammy, ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ, One, A75G, Agent Beast, MLB, BaumHF1, BGPHDModZz, Blaze Modding, ChefHOU, Cien, Gemi, Crumpp, Crunk, Cryptic, Insight, DJR_Supreme, DoctorSatan, Rath, Exploited, Fixed Username, frankval323, Gay For Satan, Geo, Glittery Penis Skittle, Hadenkin, HaTeRM4NR33T, HighModzz, SQUID-EYE, IamKern, ResistTheJamsha, Je Modz, jerrmy12, Joel, JrModz, Karisma, kciN, Deleted-User0000000012210, M-alShammary, moekroeman, Oklahoma, OtagoFlames, Pewp, PPx7temp, punkybear2102, ResistTheMoon, ResistTheSun, Rick, ROCKY_southpaw, Saint Goofy, SataQ, SC58, Sheldon Cooper, Silent Assassin, Sir Zee, Slinky, Specter, Tears, TheLastHelmet, Ciri, Tyler, Vectriixx, Vince, xkoeckiiej, xLew--, xRaay
06-28-2014, 12:25 AM #65
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by zJamie View Post
This is heavily bias towards PC users.

Explain maybe I can answer your questions
06-28-2014, 12:56 AM #66
zJamie
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Toke View Post
Explain maybe I can answer your questions

Well, I rarely pay $40 for pc games, and prices for PC parts seem to fluctuate a lot depending where you buy them from.

And it seems with PC you need to be constantly paying money to upgrade parts due to technology always evolving and games constantly require you to build up your specs for their games.

This is just what i've heard from friends around me, I have never really looked into PC gaming myself so.

PC Gaming has always seemed like a big investment for one to get into, how much is it to get into it? I don't have a huge amount of money.
06-28-2014, 01:02 AM #67
Kappa
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by AlabamaHit View Post
Ok...maybe someon can explain to me the main reason I dno't do my main gaming on PC.

2 Players!!!....Come on guys I like both PC and Console. So don't think I'm a fanboy. I am a console mainly because of that reason. I can't believe taht no one has brought this up ever in any conversation about PC vs Console

Nailed it :yes:
Splitscreen Dancing
06-28-2014, 01:07 AM #68
Toke
PC Master Race
Well, I rarely pay $40 for pc games, and prices for PC parts seem to fluctuate a lot depending where you buy them from.

And it seems with PC you need to be constantly paying money to upgrade parts due to technology always evolving and games constantly require you to build up your specs for their games.

This is just what i've heard from friends around me, I have never really looked into PC gaming myself so.

PC Gaming has always seemed like a big investment for one to get into, how much is it to get into it? I don't have a huge amount of money.

If you buy good parts you don't have to upgrade every year and also you buy good stuff to start and if your into one major game like Skyrim or Arma then you buy parts that it benefits and they fluctuate based on location and demand and PC is more expensive because it isn't just a console its also a computer so add the price of both of those and you realise PC isn't that expensive
Last edited by Toke ; 06-28-2014 at 01:11 AM.
06-28-2014, 03:22 AM #69
The freedom to do a lot with your game on pc exceeds what the consoles will ever be able to do, if you want to make a modification on your console sony and Microsoft will be on your ass for fucking intellectual property bullshit and jailbreaking can be costly if you need to downgrade and you get ylods and other problems like that. With pc you can easily change things to your liking and swap out parts when you need to. Pc is open to do whatever you want to do with it but consoles you can't do jack shit when it comes to changing/ modifying something. (on OFW)
06-28-2014, 07:18 AM #70
Vipr
Vault dweller
Idk dude... I love my PC that I built, but i still like consoles. I gotta have the best of both worlds.
06-28-2014, 07:32 AM #71
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Hexagor View Post
Idk dude... I love my PC that I built, but i still like consoles. I gotta have the best of both worlds.

There is no best in the console world silly.
06-28-2014, 01:02 PM #72
zJamie
Bounty hunter
What budget are you looking for to get started with PC Gaming?
07-23-2014, 06:14 AM #73

lol do you understand how far behind the world is in game development because of the shitty 512mb ram that Xbox 360 had....

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo