05-12-2010, 01:30 AM #1
Calfreezy
General/PS3
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey NGU, Basically I need some help.
I need a new computer asap because at the moment my Dell laptop cant take all this sony vegas and all that high CPU usage stuff soo I have heard that building your own computer was the cheapest way and you recieve the most value for money. I live in the U.K so these questions I ask below will be relevant to that. So my questions are

Q: Where do I buy all this stuff?
Q: I am looking to spend £500 what can I get for that
Q: Is Building your own computer easy?
Q: Is there a high chance i will screw it up?
Q: What sort of Spec of computer will I need if I am using Sony Vegas etc.
Q: If building my own computer is not worth it could you link me to a Computer for around the same price and specs that is already built!?

thanks alot +rep to the people that help me out!
05-12-2010, 02:31 AM #2
Saint Jimmy
And don't wear it out.
I have a friend or two that build/sell computers.

Trust me, if you haven't done it before or practiced it at all, there's a great change you'll mess up part of it. Maybe not a crucial part, but chances are something that will affect the computer.

For £500, you can buy a computer that will handle Vegas easily with a little bit of money left over.

That's just imo.
05-12-2010, 02:32 AM #3
BSLICER25
Black ops
oh my friend built his own computer
05-12-2010, 02:46 AM #4
Console
Keepin it real
just buy a computer with a intel i7 with atleast 4gb ram with no graphics card- that goes for like $700.
Then buy a graphics card for like $130
and buy a new 300 watt system for the graphics card-like $30
But you need like only $150 more dollars

My bro's comp was bought for $700 and he bought a new watt system and new graphics card that can run most PC games at 60 fps or more.
Last edited by Console ; 05-12-2010 at 02:49 AM.
05-16-2010, 07:52 PM #5
I really don't recommend building your own. It's hard to do if you don't know what you're doing and you probably won't notice much of a difference when you're using it compared to what you could buy at a store.
05-17-2010, 07:40 PM #6
Stub Hero
Laying low low low
If you haven't got a clue don't bother, honestly.
05-18-2010, 12:12 AM #7
JUST GO AND BYE A NEW ONE BRO :evil:
05-18-2010, 12:17 AM #8
Parablank
Gym leader
Q: Where do I buy all this stuff? Don't know, since I live in the US.
Q: I am looking to spend £500 what can I get for that? A VERY NICE COMPUTER.
Q: Is Building your own computer easy? Very easy, just read up on information.
Q: Is there a high chance i will screw it up? No, unless you touch somewhere/spill water on component/break some piece off/etc.
Q: What sort of Spec of computer will I need if I am using Sony Vegas etc? Maybe a 3.0 GHz? That's what I'm using. Also a pretty nice graphics card. I personally recommend nVidia, as your price is pretty high.
Q: If building my own computer is not worth it could you link
me to a Computer for around the same price and specs that is already built!? I could if you wanted me to. Though I prefer building my computer.
05-18-2010, 09:58 PM #9
oSoo JDM -
Eat, Sleep, JDM
Q: Where do I buy all this stuff? In the US you can buy good stuff in bestbuy. Dont know about the UK.
Q: I am looking to spend £500 what can I get for that? You can get a good ass PC !
Q: Is Building your own computer easy? We'll if you have experiace with PC's its a easy task, Theres TUTS on youtube showing how to install specific things (eg, graphics card, processor etc)
Q: Is there a high chance i will screw it up? really
Q: What sort of Spec of computer will I need if I am using Sony Vegas etc. HDD- 1Terrabyte (around 1,000 GB!), and atleast a quad core for optiman performance, running at 3.01 Happy, also 4gb of ram and a good GFX card
Q: If building my own computer is not worth it could you link me to a Computer for around the same price and specs that is already built!?

Better off you build a PC of your own, in my opinion. If you need any help, quote or pm me Happy
Last edited by oSoo JDM - ; 05-18-2010 at 10:01 PM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo