Post: Been looking to upgrade my i7-920 (2.67gHz), CPU UPGRADE SUGGESTIONS
01-30-2013, 10:02 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); You must login or register to view this content.

I've been looking at that link above, and those MOBO+AMD CPU bundles are just mouthwatering to me (maybe its because I can't find a better deal on them?? can you guys?)

What do you all think about any of those for an upgrade?

I currently have an i7-920, on a Asus rampage gene II mobo, 12gb ddr3 ram, 560ti.

Trying to get rid of the 920 bottleneck! Suggestions? BETTER PRICES? Please post them Winky Winky
01-30-2013, 08:47 PM #2
Toke
PC Master Race
1. that isn't a bottleneck or even close
2. wait for haswell don't get a ivy bridge now

The following user thanked Toke for this useful post:

Millz

The following user groaned Toke for this awful post:

Alexis Rhodes
01-31-2013, 12:20 AM #3
Originally posted by darkdavid08 View Post
You must login or register to view this content.

I've been looking at that link above, and those MOBO+AMD CPU bundles are just mouthwatering to me (maybe its because I can't find a better deal on them?? can you guys?)

What do you all think about any of those for an upgrade?

I currently have an i7-920, on a Asus rampage gene II mobo, 12gb ddr3 ram, 560ti.

Trying to get rid of the 920 bottleneck! Suggestions? BETTER PRICES? Please post them Winky Winky

the guy below you has a tendency to not quote you so you will never know for sure if he replied which is really annoying like he said wait for haswell and imo just overclock your cpu now
01-31-2013, 09:52 PM #4
you can buy a Asrock Pro 4 and I7 2700K or 3770K. it's the best cpu of 1155 for me. sorry for the price I can't say in dollars because i'm french.
02-02-2013, 09:53 AM #5
Originally posted by Karma
the guy below you has a tendency to not quote you so you will never know for sure if he replied which is really annoying like he said wait for haswell and imo just overclock your cpu now

I fear my i7 has heat damage from my inferior Asus-CG5290 case >.<
before I had my cores at 90-100 in the summer >.<

new case for two years now and sub-40 degree temps thankfully, but I feel like the past summers of gaming in a poorly cooled case have taken its toll on my OC stability :/ past attempts to OC resulted in 4.0ghz but NO performance boost... which is partly why I stopped trying. If any user could give me some pointers on finding the optimal OC for my daily gaming use I'd really appreciate it. Past attempts haven't yielded ANY FPS BOOST AT ALL!

but besides overclocking this cpu, I was looking at: You must login or register to view this content. for upgrades. Do I really need to upgrade my CPU for more performance, or should I upgrade my 560ti instead?
02-04-2013, 03:48 AM #6
Originally posted by darkdavid08 View Post
I fear my i7 has heat damage from my inferior Asus-CG5290 case >.<
before I had my cores at 90-100 in the summer >.<

new case for two years now and sub-40 degree temps thankfully, but I feel like the past summers of gaming in a poorly cooled case have taken its toll on my OC stability :/ past attempts to OC resulted in 4.0ghz but NO performance boost... which is partly why I stopped trying. If any user could give me some pointers on finding the optimal OC for my daily gaming use I'd really appreciate it. Past attempts haven't yielded ANY FPS BOOST AT ALL!

but besides overclocking this cpu, I was looking at: You must login or register to view this content. for upgrades. Do I really need to upgrade my CPU for more performance, or should I upgrade my 560ti instead?

imo as long as your hitting 3.00ghz or higher your cpu is fine at least a 4-6mb cache for any intensive anything,i myself just bought a gtx 680 but i also have a i7-3770 which will hit 3.9 playing games without overclocking so i dont have the need to overclock yet nor would i really see any performance boost on my games if your hitting 4ghz on your cpu just get a new cooler if its not efficient enough for it also check your voltages it may be to high and is whats causing your high temps i dont go over 40c with my case i have only thing ive seen max it to around 70c was prime95 and that was in about 5mins or running my average gaming i dont see it get very hot on stock cooler so i would just buy a gtx 660 and a new cpu cooler again just my opinion
02-10-2013, 03:37 AM #7
Toke
PC Master Race
they shut off at a certain temp if your afraid just get a new case such as a coolermaster haf 912

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo