02-18-2013, 09:00 PM #1
Toke
PC Master Race
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This is a basic guide on how to build a basic gaming pc or regular desktop computer. I will also be going over some of the basic components in a gaming pc. You will need at least 6 components.

• CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • Power Supply
  • Case
  • Hardrive

Those are the 6 basic components you need i didn't mention a graphics card which is the main power behind the games becuase there are CPU's that are called APU's that let you play basic games as they have a CPU and GPU in one chip ex. You must login or register to view this content..

The ram is what holds your most used files and is essestial and size depends on what you do you only need 4gb if you just browse the internet, 8gb if you game and 16-64 is you run servers, and do heavy rendering types of things. ex.
You must login or register to view this content.

The Motherboard is perhaps the most important part of the pc it is where everything is connected together almost like your skeleton it all then goes to the power supply that plugs into your wall to use the pc. This part has to be compatible with your cpu socket and the cpu used above uses a AMD fm2 socket that is good to use 1333mhz, 1600, 1866mhz ram. ex. You must login or register to view this content.

Your case is a very basic yet personal chose all it has to do is be compatable with the motherboard size and long enough to hold your graphics card if your using one which this build isn't. ex. You must login or register to view this content.

Power Supply is a good part that you should never cheap out on. I chose one because since i picked a full size case most will fit and my pc will only draw around 400w since there is no graphics card. you also want to stick to good brands like corsair, seasonic, antec, pc power and cooling and rosewill has some good power supply's ex. You must login or register to view this content.

Hard Drive we got a mechanical because there cheaper and bigger but you can also get a all digital SSD they are faster quieter and small but alot more expensive. we got a basic 500gb hardrive from seagate. ex. You must login or register to view this content.

Good Video On How To Build a Gaming PC

Part 2
Last edited by Toke ; 02-19-2013 at 12:48 AM.

The following 7 users say thank you to Toke for this useful post:

C R A V E, G-G-J, ivisionz, Lovol, Millz, Oboe, xTrueFear
02-22-2013, 11:39 PM #2
I have an apu however I have the first gen and its still pretty good I would recommend them to people who don't have enough to get a graphics card because they are relatively cheap
02-23-2013, 12:31 AM #3
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Lostbow View Post
I have an apu however I have the first gen and its still pretty good I would recommend them to people who don't have enough to get a graphics card because they are relatively cheap

you can get a decent quad core with the graphics for $100 i don't recomend the older one's nor the weaker dual cores. with the gpu on them they just don't have the power
02-23-2013, 01:39 AM #4
yea I got mine like 3 months before the second gen came out I was so upset but its still not bad.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo