02-19-2016, 12:36 PM #1
WAFFAHOUSE89
Gym leader
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Sup NGU!!!

I'm a PS3 guy (I know PC community go ahead and poop on me about it lol) but I'm seriously thinking about making the jump to PC with the addition of this new AlienWare Alpha consoles they're releasing..... It's essentially a "couch friendly" gaming PC (so they claim lol)

Ok so here's what I need from you hardcore PC guys....

The entire and sole reason I want to go grab this Alpha console is because of Custom Zombie Maps (as seen on YouTube) and so I'm wondering....

If I were to buy an AlienWare Alpha Console and get a steam account and buy World At War and Black Ops zombies, would I be able to download and install and play these amazing custom zombie maps?

IF ANYONE KNOWS IF ITS POSSIBLE TO GET CUSTOM ZOMBIE MAPS WORKING ON A PS3 I WILL PAY YOU $$$$$$$$ hahahaha hahahahaha seriously!!!!

-NOTE-
The Alienware alpha console had the ability to switch between "couch friendly console mode" and regular Ol PC mode with a keyboard and mouse

-- also the console comes with an Xbox 360 controller

Here are the specs for you guys to check out...

You must login or register to view this content.

PS
I'm not really trying to go all next gen or anything really lol I just want to play custom zombie maps, so I will most likely go with the cheaper version of the Alpha console lol

Thanks again NGU
Waffahouse
Last edited by WAFFAHOUSE89 ; 02-19-2016 at 01:03 PM.
02-19-2016, 02:56 PM #2
xkoeckiiej
At least I can fight
Was talking with zor33l who has alot of pc games (3k+) and he said its terrible and i/u should stay away from it haha.

If its purely about w@w custom zombies u can also just build a pc with less power and cheaper
02-19-2016, 03:48 PM #3
swaggtheroy
Do a barrel roll!
Better off building your own for that much.

The following user thanked swaggtheroy for this useful post:

Rath
02-19-2016, 05:35 PM #4
Rath
Today Will Be Different
I'll put it this way. You over pay when you purchase Alienware. Let's just say they're the Apple of the PC world. Looking at the specifications corroborates this. You'd be better off not purchasing this and putting that $500 toward components to build a nice budget computer that'll poop all over the Alpha. Plus, sitting at a desk isn't all that bad. If you've ever used a keyboard and mouse, whether you were at work or at school, you'll be fine using mouse and keyboard to play video games.
02-19-2016, 05:37 PM #5
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by xkoeckiiej View Post
Was talking with zor33l who has alot of pc games (3k+) and he said its terrible and i/u should stay away from it haha.

If its purely about w@w custom zombies u can also just build a pc with less power and cheaper

I don't think you need to have a high game count to know that an alienware is an overpriced dell.
02-19-2016, 05:43 PM #6
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Originally posted by Oneup View Post
I don't think you need to have a high game count to know that an alienware is an overpriced dell.

Let's put it this way. Somehow Toke even knows this.

The following user thanked Rath for this useful post:

DaenerysTargy
02-19-2016, 08:00 PM #7
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by WAFFAHOUSE89 View Post
Sup NGU!!!

I'm a PS3 guy (I know PC community go ahead and poop on me about it lol) but I'm seriously thinking about making the jump to PC with the addition of this new AlienWare Alpha consoles they're releasing..... It's essentially a "couch friendly" gaming PC (so they claim lol)

Ok so here's what I need from you hardcore PC guys....

The entire and sole reason I want to go grab this Alpha console is because of Custom Zombie Maps (as seen on YouTube) and so I'm wondering....

If I were to buy an AlienWare Alpha Console and get a steam account and buy World At War and Black Ops zombies, would I be able to download and install and play these amazing custom zombie maps?

IF ANYONE KNOWS IF ITS POSSIBLE TO GET CUSTOM ZOMBIE MAPS WORKING ON A PS3 I WILL PAY YOU $$$$$$$$ hahahaha hahahahaha seriously!!!!

-NOTE-
The Alienware alpha console had the ability to switch between "couch friendly console mode" and regular Ol PC mode with a keyboard and mouse

-- also the console comes with an Xbox 360 controller

Here are the specs for you guys to check out...

You must login or register to view this content.

PS
I'm not really trying to go all next gen or anything really lol I just want to play custom zombie maps, so I will most likely go with the cheaper version of the Alpha console lol

Thanks again NGU
Waffahouse

It's only decent if you get the top of line model which will run around 1k. The low end models are junk. You could build a better pc for the price of a low end one and the top model
02-20-2016, 12:09 AM #8
GFM
Can’t trickshot me!
No, I wouldn't recommend any Alienware system. Your better off building your own PC. I own a Alienware mx14 Laptop and it was all good at first but have been having non stop problems with it, it was over priced and customer service is useless. So save your money and build your own Smile

The following 2 users say thank you to GFM for this useful post:

Laser, Nug
02-20-2016, 03:52 AM #9
Nug
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by GameFreakMods View Post
No, I wouldn't recommend any Alienware system. Your better off building your own PC. I own a Alienware mx14 Laptop and it was all good at first but have been having non stop problems with it, it was over priced and customer service is useless. So save your money and build your own Smile

GameFreakModder knows best. and that is a good point!

The following user thanked Nug for this useful post:

GFM

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo