01-27-2017, 11:57 AM #1
ymh
Treasure hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); You must login or register to view this content.

i'm trying to build something reasonable that can be later upgraded and last me a number of years (1 - 2 on selected ram, cpu & Graphics, 6 - 8 years overall if possible)*
for now i'm trying for the $3500AU range.

Anyways i need a opinion from someone who knows a bit about computers and suggestions, i am mainly doing this to find out if all the parts are compatible and also whether or not the temps of the fans would be suitable as i don't plan to overclock.*

also for a reasonable price one for brother is this okay for basic gaming and some back ground stuff like Photoshop, screen recorders etc..
You must login or register to view this content.

i personally need a better build for what i do but he only wants to make videos and play games.
Last edited by ymh ; 01-27-2017 at 12:46 PM.
01-27-2017, 03:02 PM #2
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by JFT View Post

i'm trying to build something reasonable that can be later upgraded and last me a number of years (1 - 2 on selected ram, cpu & Graphics, 6 - 8 years overall if possible)*
for now i'm trying for the $3500AU range.

Anyways i need a opinion from someone who knows a bit about computers and suggestions, i am mainly doing this to find out if all the parts are compatible and also whether or not the temps of the fans would be suitable as i don't plan to overclock.*

also for a reasonable price one for brother is this okay for basic gaming and some back ground stuff like Photoshop, screen recorders etc..

i personally need a better build for what i do but he only wants to make videos and play games.

and that one with the 1050ti is super underwelming, you dont need such expensive i7s

You must login or register to view this content. this one is alot cheaper, still much much better and well rounded then the one with the 1050ti as the 8gb rx480 is a decently fast card for even 1440p

The following user thanked Toke for this useful post:

ymh
01-27-2017, 05:13 PM #3
ymh
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by Toke View Post

I miss understood:

Computer A. I want that to support gaming for years to come. Atm I am not planning on getting close to the boards full potential for a few years. I plan to later upgrade the CPU and do a serious upgrade to graphics and ram. Which what I'm thinking of getting I'm gonna be forever running at 100℅. as for the other computer like I said it's for my brother, for him I just wanted to try make something simple that should suit his needs. Though maybe a smaller case on the low price one would be better.

I know what I want performance wise for mine at a later point though I'm not sure what I should start with. Atm I only know what I want to do with it long term but short term im not sure about CPU and graphics I choose the memory should be good for now but it will need increasing within the coming months to at least 64gb to suit my use.

Just noticed what you meant with second one. Reason I choose i7 which his one is that while playing games and using certain programme in background it would get frame rate drops and would case issues at times. But yeah the graphics card was underrated and that i5 build is pretty good if you only wanna do one thing at a time when it comes to running some mods and newer games.
Last edited by ymh ; 01-27-2017 at 05:30 PM.
01-28-2017, 09:46 PM #4
Toke
PC Master Race
I miss understood:

Computer A. I want that to support gaming for years to come. Atm I am not planning on getting close to the boards full potential for a few years. I plan to later upgrade the CPU and do a serious upgrade to graphics and ram. Which what I'm thinking of getting I'm gonna be forever running at 100℅. as for the other computer like I said it's for my brother, for him I just wanted to try make something simple that should suit his needs. Though maybe a smaller case on the low price one would be better.

I know what I want performance wise for mine at a later point though I'm not sure what I should start with. Atm I only know what I want to do with it long term but short term im not sure about CPU and graphics I choose the memory should be good for now but it will need increasing within the coming months to at least 64gb to suit my use.

Just noticed what you meant with second one. Reason I choose i7 which his one is that while playing games and using certain programme in background it would get frame rate drops and would case issues at times. But yeah the graphics card was underrated and that i5 build is pretty good if you only wanna do one thing at a time when it comes to running some mods and newer games.

or buy that first one and dont need any upgrades at all, im pretty sure u wont need more then 16gb unless your doing extremely heavy loads all day everyday and if you are you would prob know what you need and or have a mac pro etc, an i5 and i7 get the same fps in games, hyperthreading makes 0 difference. the i5 build is as fast as my pc and i multitask like a motherfucker. i have 6 tabs open, teamspeak, spotify, nexus and all kinds of shit running like esea, origin, uplay and my antivirus all while playing my games. modded skyrim,gta,csgo. i never see much for fps issues unless im on skyrim
Last edited by Toke ; 01-28-2017 at 09:49 PM.
02-01-2017, 12:06 AM #5
ymh
Treasure hunter
or buy that first one and dont need any upgrades at all, im pretty sure u wont need more then 16gb unless your doing extremely heavy loads all day everyday and if you are you would prob know what you need and or have a mac pro etc, an i5 and i7 get the same fps in games, hyperthreading makes 0 difference. the i5 build is as fast as my pc and i multitask like a motherfucker. i have 6 tabs open, teamspeak, spotify, nexus and all kinds of shit running like esea, origin, uplay and my antivirus all while playing my games. modded skyrim,gta,csgo. i never see much for fps issues unless im on skyrim

okay thanks, and there is times i will need at least 32GB of ram and a i7 but most the time a i5 and 16gb is all i would need, so ill stick with the i7 and start with 16gb ram and upgrade that later, was gonna get a over kill i7 to future proof but would be pointless (price wise as better cpus will replace it at lower prices) unless i wanna do advance calculations but in that case i would be better off using a xeon processer so a decent i7 will do nicely.
02-02-2017, 01:44 PM #6
KAOSxGaming
At least I can fight
okay thanks, and there is times i will need at least 32GB of ram and a i7 but most the time a i5 and 16gb is all i would need, so ill stick with the i7 and start with 16gb ram and upgrade that later, was gonna get a over kill i7 to future proof but would be pointless (price wise as better cpus will replace it at lower prices) unless i wanna do advance calculations but in that case i would be better off using a xeon processer so a decent i7 will do nicely.

Honestly you must be doing some heavy and when i say heavy i mean "professional" work on the PC for 32GB to get used up like that. When your game stutters when you got stuff in the background when playing games see if cpu is 100%, then i would say go i7. Like tokeman said games don't really use HT or take advantage of it (Yet) besides a few games such as Battliefield series and crysis for examples. So a regular quad i7 will do just fine. For casual video editing, recording, streaming, and gaming. Plus if you don't overclock the 6 cores will actually get you less frames in gaming due to single core performance (based off benchmarks).

Something like this would be more practical: You must login or register to view this content.

Swapped some of the higher un-needed price things out. 1000w psu not needed, case way overpriced. How long will the build last? who knows should be good on 1080p for years to come.
Last edited by KAOSxGaming ; 02-02-2017 at 01:48 PM.
02-09-2017, 05:18 AM #7
ymh
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by KAOSxGaming View Post
Honestly you must be doing some heavy and when i say heavy i mean "professional" work on the PC for 32GB to get used up like that. When your game stutters when you got stuff in the background when playing games see if cpu is 100%, then i would say go i7. Like tokeman said games don't really use HT or take advantage of it (Yet) besides a few games such as Battliefield series and crysis for examples. So a regular quad i7 will do just fine. For casual video editing, recording, streaming, and gaming. Plus if you don't overclock the 6 cores will actually get you less frames in gaming due to single core performance (based off benchmarks).

Something like this would be more practical: You must login or register to view this content.

Swapped some of the higher un-needed price things out. 1000w psu not needed, case way overpriced. How long will the build last? who knows should be good on 1080p for years to come.

I want this to last around 5 - 8 years "motherboard" 2 years for rest of basic components such as cpu, momery and graphics.

At this point in time I can go cheaper on motherboard but only slightly (not doing to though) considering what I wanna do upgrade wise in the future and and I can go cheaper things such as graphics, cpu and memory at this point in time but once I'm done studying I will upgrade accordingly. So I've made the final changes so money isn't wasted to much. Though I might go back to the msi motherboard but I liked the settings and ports on the rampage more which is why I wanted that.
02-09-2017, 10:15 AM #8
KAOSxGaming
At least I can fight
I want this to last around 5 - 8 years "motherboard" 2 years for rest of basic components such as cpu, momery and graphics.

At this point in time I can go cheaper on motherboard but only slightly (not doing to though) considering what I wanna do upgrade wise in the future and and I can go cheaper things such as graphics, cpu and memory at this point in time but once I'm done studying I will upgrade accordingly. So I've made the final changes so money isn't wasted to much. Though I might go back to the msi motherboard but I liked the settings and ports on the rampage more which is why I wanted that.

Well just so you know there will be no more CPU releases for the socket on that type of motherboard, since Intel is releasing "Skylake-X" which will replace the CPU you are thinking about buying, and will be LGA 2066 which means a new motherboard for it. Which will be either Late summer/Early Fall 2017. Also AMD will be releasing a new CPU Line within a month and new socket is said to last 3 years give or take.

The following user thanked KAOSxGaming for this useful post:

ymh
02-09-2017, 04:25 PM #9
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by KAOSxGaming View Post
Well just so you know there will be no more CPU releases for the socket on that type of motherboard, since Intel is releasing "Skylake-X" which will replace the CPU you are thinking about buying, and will be LGA 2066 which means a new motherboard for it. Which will be either Late summer/Early Fall 2017. Also AMD will be releasing a new CPU Line within a month and new socket is said to last 3 years give or take.

amd's new socket will last longer am3+ is goin on 5 years or so, so unless they decide to actually compete i guess this one will last awhile too
02-10-2017, 02:42 AM #10
KAOSxGaming
At least I can fight
amd's new socket will last longer am3+ is goin on 5 years or so, so unless they decide to actually compete i guess this one will last awhile too

Yea maybe, reason i said 3 was because of the confirmed lineups in amd ryzen at the moment. The new AMD cpus has had price leaks and a nice 6 core 12 thread might be like a little below $300....now if that can compete with a 6800k for a lot cheaper, i am for sure switching to AMD.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo