Post: Red Dead Redemption issue with installing game data BLES01294
04-02-2018, 06:21 AM #1
jkait
NextGenUpdate Elite
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi guys
I'm after some help with red dead redemption GOTY Bles01294

I have recently copied it to my external hdd via FTP from my laptop (had to split a 7gb file using Ps3Splitter to get it onto my fat32 ext hdd)
Then use multiman (latest) to copy it to my internal hdd and it automattically rejoined the split files with no problems
I then go to load the game from multiman and kicks me back to xmb as per usual
Now when i load it from xmb i get given an update option which i skip as i dont plan on going online, it then leads to "Installing Red Dead Redemption" and gets stuck at 28%
If I leave it for an hour it will go to 29%, does this usually take this long to install?
I tried it with the latest update and still no go

I have also tried another retail disc of the game which isnt a GOTY and it gets stuck at 29% aswell but when i left it for i could only guess 10 hours as i went to sleep, the following day i wake up its on the rockstar agreement thing that pops up at the beginning but the console is frozen

I thought maybe the off chance theres scratches thats invisible to the naked eye, so i got another goty source and tried loading but still gets stuck in the same spot

Ive also tried fixing permissions and deleting old game data after every attempt but nothing seems to work
I dont see it being an issue with the eboot as the games pretty old and im led to believe the rebug 4.81 should run it with no issue

I have tried making it into an iso via multiman witch also didnt work

Has anybody else had similar problems or can guide me through?*

both discs work fine when loaded from the bluray and installs the necessary game data but when loaded from internal it corrupts and installs new game data

My Ps3 is on rebug 4.81
Dex
120gb (50gb remaining)
webman enabled
cobra enabled
boot mode set to: release

EDIT:
I figured it out eventually, for whoever else runs into the same issue i did
GAMEZ or GAMES folder you had copied from the disc ie. BLES01294, you also have to split the 7gb rdr2_0layer.rpf file into seperate files with the extension .666
then get the original rdr2_0layer.rpf and either delete it or save it somewhere safe but remove it from the GAMEZ directory
Now create an iso image using multiman and target the newly created GAMEZ folder my one for instance is "Red Dead Redemption GOTY BLES01294"
Now this is paramount, you have to make sure the iso image you are creating still has the split files in it that havent been merged
Once the iso image is created it somehow merges them
Now you can run the game, install the necessary data and it will launch.
Last edited by jkait ; 04-02-2018 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Figured out how to load
09-21-2018, 10:38 PM #2
Originally posted by jkait View Post
Hi guys
I'm after some help with red dead redemption GOTY Bles01294

I have recently copied it to my external hdd via FTP from my laptop (had to split a 7gb file using Ps3Splitter to get it onto my fat32 ext hdd)
Then use multiman (latest) to copy it to my internal hdd and it automattically rejoined the split files with no problems
I then go to load the game from multiman and kicks me back to xmb as per usual
Now when i load it from xmb i get given an update option which i skip as i dont plan on going online, it then leads to "Installing Red Dead Redemption" and gets stuck at 28%
If I leave it for an hour it will go to 29%, does this usually take this long to install?
I tried it with the latest update and still no go

I have also tried another retail disc of the game which isnt a GOTY and it gets stuck at 29% aswell but when i left it for i could only guess 10 hours as i went to sleep, the following day i wake up its on the rockstar agreement thing that pops up at the beginning but the console is frozen

I thought maybe the off chance theres scratches thats invisible to the naked eye, so i got another goty source and tried loading but still gets stuck in the same spot

Ive also tried fixing permissions and deleting old game data after every attempt but nothing seems to work
I dont see it being an issue with the eboot as the games pretty old and im led to believe the rebug 4.81 should run it with no issue

I have tried making it into an iso via multiman witch also didnt work

Has anybody else had similar problems or can guide me through?*

both discs work fine when loaded from the bluray and installs the necessary game data but when loaded from internal it corrupts and installs new game data

My Ps3 is on rebug 4.81
Dex
120gb (50gb remaining)
webman enabled
cobra enabled
boot mode set to: release

EDIT:
I figured it out eventually, for whoever else runs into the same issue i did
GAMEZ or GAMES folder you had copied from the disc ie. BLES01294, you also have to split the 7gb rdr2_0layer.rpf file into seperate files with the extension .666
then get the original rdr2_0layer.rpf and either delete it or save it somewhere safe but remove it from the GAMEZ directory
Now create an iso image using multiman and target the newly created GAMEZ folder my one for instance is "Red Dead Redemption GOTY BLES01294"
Now this is paramount, you have to make sure the iso image you are creating still has the split files in it that havent been merged
Once the iso image is created it somehow merges them
Now you can run the game, install the necessary data and it will launch.

Hey could you please maybe PM me a link to the split files, i havent modded in a long ass time and i only have a mac and cant get wine to run the splitter program, i have the BLUS version of the game on disc. im only installing this so i can install the red dead rekt mod menu,(which is BLES only) and not have to pay for jedijoshs over priced menu, just to drive the car w my friends in an 8 y/o game. if you have any tips that would be clutch
12-22-2019, 12:58 AM #3
jkait
NextGenUpdate Elite
im not sure on macs but there might be a ps3 splitter compatible program out there for it
i no longer have the game installed on my ps3 i had to get a new hdd and lost everything
im sure there are easier ways of doing this now too for example formatting the external hdd into a ntfs format and copying the game to an iso on the ntfs drive and runnign it that way
i did use to have mods on rdr that were free but i cant remember who made it, i belive i found the download off youtube

if i find my old disc laying around ill try getting the menu back on it and let ya know

EDIT: Ive only managed to get it running on bles01294 i dont have the blus version
Also im sure you'd be able to run an ftp program such as Filezilla from a mac and ftp it through either webman or multiman
doing it that way you dont have to worry about split files
if you cant do it that way than im afraid you might be out of luck on a splitter program for mac

There is also free menus that jedijosh has had a hand in making, just so ya know
Last edited by jkait ; 12-28-2019 at 05:42 AM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo