02-10-2010, 01:36 PM #1
Shepleklet
u mad cuz ur ***git
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); NOTE: THIS IS NOT FLAMING. THIS IS NOT ME SAYING ANY CONSOLE IS BETTER THAN THE OTHER. PLEASE DO NOT FLAME ME FOR MY OPINONS

Why do Xbox users not want M.A.G? Could it be just another one of those games that cause gargantuous (I love that word) amounts of hype, and then turn out to be a waste of your time and money? Voice your opinons in the form of a comment. I would be intested to hear them. Smile

You must login or register to view this content.

Originally posted by another user
Well, congratulations Playstation 3 owners, MAG has finally been out for a bit and admittedly, I’m still not sure how I feel about it. The prospect of games totaling 256 players is intriguing, but should we as 360 owners catch a case of the Green-Eyed Monster and feel some kind of envy? The short answer is no, at least for now. First and foremost, the Xbox 360 community isn’t currently hurting for an amalgamation of multiplayer games. While it already goes without saying that the 360 has a dominatingly large library of games, it seems the desire may not quite be there yet for massive multiplayer titles. Also, anyone who has played online will be well aware of the quality of teammates met randomly. Unfortunately, this immediately rules out a significant amount of the objective based combat that MAG revolves around. In the meantime, what’s already being played on Xbox Live has a dominating presence and those games being played don’t necessarily cater to the style that MAG is offering. The currently obtainable multiplayer titles that are most popular on Xbox Live, oddly enough are those that have significantly smaller player counts. Furthermore, these modes don’t necessarily pit player against player so much as players versus the environment. If you disagree with our opinion click here to head over to our forums and sound off with passion.

Gears of War 2, upon release, offered something that many players had been raving for on Xbox LIVE for a very long time, a co-op experience that grouped players together against an increasingly difficult enemy. While co-op play had been done previously, with 4-player co-op being present in Halo 3, Gears of War 2 offered this in the form of a singular multiplayer mode. Not only could you play on a very large amount of maps, but you could enjoy the mode with up to four other players for a total of five. An odd number? Yes, but five players against wave after wave of Locust eventually made sense to just about everyone.

Alternatively, Halo 3: ODST expanded on this game type with their own Firefight mode which allowed up to four players to stand their ground against innumerable waves of Covenant. As with Horde mode, this co-operative play still supplied the competitive edge of players while removing the inevitable result of players flaming eachother in player versus player modes.
In my eyes, MAG is just another one of those games that is very similar to every other FPS game on the planet. The only thing that makes it differ from the rest of the pack is the fact that it holds a substaintially large amount of players in each lobby.
But at what sacrifice is this single addition? Very low frame rate, poor graphics and bad playability.

PLEASE realise that I am not flaming. I have played a lot of the PS3. I, personally, think it is the better console. However, I can't buy one because I don't have enough money. Realise that my argument is that even if I could buy a PS3, I don't think I would buy MAG for it purely because I am not willing to give up excellent frame-rate/graphics/playability solely for a couple of hundred more players in the matches. It just doesn't make sense to me.
Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed my rant! Happy
Please comment on this, as I really would like to hear what you guys have to say. Do you agree or disagree with my comments? Are all Xbox exclusives better than PS3 ones?
Last edited by Shepleklet ; 02-10-2010 at 05:05 PM.
02-10-2010, 05:31 PM #11
Under Alts Bed
x x x x x x x x x x x x x
There wasnt really that much hype for mag, its never really talked about either. Frankly i dont see the point of 256, that to me seems like the game creators went excessive just to try and out do all other games by a lot. And from what ive read this was done at a sacrifice for other game qualities. I personally prefer smaller team games like team tac on Cod 4 because 3v3 search etc. requires more tactical play to win. To be honest i think 18 players on mw2 is a lot. Overall i dont prefer either console, both have benefits, and all you fanboys above seriously need to grow up. Stop comparing consoles... jeez. And im certainly not going to make a fuss about MAG not being on xbox because 256 players is excessive and pointless. If it came out on xbox i may buy it, but with AO2 40th day and Bioshock 2 etc coming out, it'd be way down on my list. And thats if it ever was to come out on xbox.

The following user thanked Under Alts Bed for this useful post:

Glitch3r
02-10-2010, 05:45 PM #12
LTBadBoy
Camel Toe
it will never be on xbox its just not possible
02-10-2010, 05:55 PM #13
Aule
{([<Milk>])}
Originally posted by Shepleklet View Post
But I'm actually not. I am saying that i am not willing to give up all the things I love in FPS games purely so I can play with a couple of hundred more people in a game. I went on to say that I thought 4-5 was the best number of people to have in a single multiplayer session because it greatly reduces the chances that there will be flaming of other players or any major lag issues.
Please realise I am NOT flaming here, just trying to get my opinions of multiplayer games accross.

I agree that 4-5 is suitable for coop. MAG is scrictly a competitve game so I don't see how comparing the two makes sense. If we were comparing multiplayer coop, I'd suggest Resistance 2, it has an 8 player coop very similar to Gears of War2.

The creators of MAG wanted to make a game based on the sheer number of people in one lobby. They created the server architect from the ground up, yes they did have to sacrifice a few other qualities, but they achieved what they wanted.
02-10-2010, 07:38 PM #14
LTBadBoy
Camel Toe
Originally posted by Aule View Post
I agree that 4-5 is suitable for coop. MAG is scrictly a competitve game so I don't see how comparing the two makes sense. If we were comparing multiplayer coop, I'd suggest Resistance 2, it has an 8 player coop very similar to Gears of War2.

The creators of MAG wanted to make a game based on the sheer number of people in one lobby. They created the server architect from the ground up, yes they did have to sacrifice a few other qualities, but they achieved what they wanted.

they did a good job dont u think. i mean mw2 is laggier than mag. actually mag rarely has lag. mag's servers are state of the art in my opinion
02-10-2010, 08:09 PM #15
FuzzaMuzza
NGU Master
lol... xbox has 5 Vs 5 Gears of War 2 which was a new addition from the 4 vs 4 in Gears of War... MAG on PS3 has 128 vs 128 which is a new addition from Resistance 2's 30 vs 30
02-10-2010, 08:17 PM #16
Shepleklet
u mad cuz ur ***git
Originally posted by LTBadBoy View Post
they did a good job dont u think. i mean mw2 is laggier than mag. actually mag rarely has lag. mag's servers are state of the art in my opinion

MAG rarely has lag? LOL, that's what I based a lot of my rant on! I played the beta round my mates for like 3 hours and all we had was lag. but he has a pretty laggy connection in general tbh. So, if MAG actually doesn't lag then I'm sorry for getting some of my facts wrong. They just seemed right at the time.
02-10-2010, 09:43 PM #17
Aule
{([<Milk>])}
You're basing your facts on a BETA.
02-10-2010, 09:46 PM #18
Originally posted by Shepleklet View Post
MAG rarely has lag? LOL, that's what I based a lot of my rant on! I played the beta round my mates for like 3 hours and all we had was lag. but he has a pretty laggy connection in general tbh. So, if MAG actually doesn't lag then I'm sorry for getting some of my facts wrong. They just seemed right at the time.

Number 1:- The servers had never been stress tested with so many people on at once before and the beta is to improve uch errors. Private beta hardly any people some lag in 256 players because never been stress tested. Its improved and havnt experienced lag in full game.

Number 2:- Xbox 360 owners are jelous that they cant have this game, thats why they make posts like this. Because one of the best games on Xbox 360 Gears of war 2 has 5vs5 it doesnt mean the games more popular with less people its the gameplay not the numbers. Most play mw2 anyways. unlike ps3 is a mixture you have socomers,Magers,Mw2ers and so on.

Number 3:- Stop comparing this game to others you cant compare them. MAG is based on tactical/big multiplayer battles. MW2/COD is individuals running round jumping and shooting,noobtubin and so on ( Call of duty not so good anymore in my opinion) and is based on single player with a multiplayer player online running on peoples connection to host.

Number4:- MAG was hyped up loads for most of the people i talked to. They said all there friends couldn;t wait and all had the Collecters edition pre-ordered like me since E3 2009 ( i had normal edition pre-ordered but then found out there was collectors)

THE BIGGEST FACT OF ALL-

NEVER EVER JUDGE A GAME ON ITS BETA REPRESENTATION. ITS NO WHERE NEAR THE FINAL VERSION/PRODUCT. A BETA IS THERE TO PURELEY TEST THE ONLINE OF GAMES THAT ARE GOING TO BE RELEASED. IF YOU WERE A BETA TESTER YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND. BUT LIKE MOST OTHER PEOPLE YOU DON'T.

SO BEFORE YOU START MAKING A POST GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT, DONT JUST POST CAUSE YOUR JELOUS THAT PS3 HAS CREATED SOMETHING THAT YOUR CONSOLE CAN NOT PHYSICALLY DO AND LAST AND DONT JUDGE A GAME ON ITS BETA REPRESENTATION.

thanks born2destroy p.s don't start posting why xbox 360 owners don't want Uncharted 2, God of War 3, Heavy Rain, Modnation racers, Gran Turismo 5. Because you jelous of the capabilities of one console

The following user thanked born2destroy for this useful post:

Aule
02-10-2010, 10:20 PM #19
Shepleklet
u mad cuz ur ***git
Originally posted by born2destroy View Post
Number 1:- The servers had never been stress tested with so many people on at once before and the beta is to improve uch errors. Private beta hardly any people some lag in 256 players because never been stress tested. Its improved and havnt experienced lag in full game.

Number 2:- Xbox 360 owners are jelous that they cant have this game, thats why they make posts like this. Because one of the best games on Xbox 360 Gears of war 2 has 5vs5 it doesnt mean the games more popular with less people its the gameplay not the numbers. Most play mw2 anyways. unlike ps3 is a mixture you have socomers,Magers,Mw2ers and so on.

Number 3:- Stop comparing this game to others you cant compare them. MAG is based on tactical/big multiplayer battles. MW2/COD is individuals running round jumping and shooting,noobtubin and so on ( Call of duty not so good anymore in my opinion) and is based on single player with a multiplayer player online running on peoples connection to host.

Number4:- MAG was hyped up loads for most of the people i talked to. They said all there friends couldn;t wait and all had the Collecters edition pre-ordered like me since E3 2009 ( i had normal edition pre-ordered but then found out there was collectors)

THE BIGGEST FACT OF ALL-

NEVER EVER JUDGE A GAME ON ITS BETA REPRESENTATION. ITS NO WHERE NEAR THE FINAL VERSION/PRODUCT. A BETA IS THERE TO PURELEY TEST THE ONLINE OF GAMES THAT ARE GOING TO BE RELEASED. IF YOU WERE A BETA TESTER YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND. BUT LIKE MOST OTHER PEOPLE YOU DON'T.

SO BEFORE YOU START MAKING A POST GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT, DONT JUST POST CAUSE YOUR JELOUS THAT PS3 HAS CREATED SOMETHING THAT YOUR CONSOLE CAN NOT PHYSICALLY DO AND LAST AND DONT JUDGE A GAME ON ITS BETA REPRESENTATION.

thanks born2destroy p.s don't start posting why xbox 360 owners don't want Uncharted 2, God of War 3, Heavy Rain, Modnation racers, Gran Turismo 5. Because you jelous of the capabilities of one console

I wasn't atually having a go at you or the game, so feel free to go buy some tampons if you're so close to your period. Clean the sand out of your vagina please Mr. Crankypants.
And i lol'd because most of your points actually had nothing or little to do with what I said in my thread. So please calm down. Flaming me for my opinions of a game I played is retarded, especially since you're obviously such a fanboy. I did say that I love the PS3, so please... STFU... I am not gunna go on any further with this and you're retarded if you reply to this to try and get me going again.
I was just making a post for the Xbox users in this community because there are so few of us on this site that we need a little thing to read that is just for Xbox users. Where did you get the thought that I hate the PS3 from? Please don't judge just from a couple of sentences.
So when you say "p.s don't start posting why xbox 360 owners don't want Uncharted 2, God of War 3", THINK for a second. I am actually genuinely annoyed that Heavy Rain, God of War 3 and Uncharted 2 are not coming out on the Xbox 360.
I have even made threads about how good some of those games are going to be.
I have nothing against fanboys in particular, but you're taking it to the next level by abusing me constantly for giving my opinions on a laggy game I played. I'm a completely un-biased guy, therefore I should not be made to feel like a twat by the likes of you.
And yes i am basing my facts on a Beta, well done. Because when I started writing this, the Beta was all that was out. I know that games in Beta stages are not exactly like they will be from the release, but you cannot say the main aspects will change. the graphics will stay the same, the online connection will stay almost exactly the same, the gameplay will stay the same.
If you would actually just read my original post in a calm way, not thinking that I am abusing PS3 in any way, you would actually see how harmless I was trying to be. I was being negative on a SINGLE aspect of a SINGLE game. Don't you think starting all this flaming over it was a little pathetic?
Last edited by Shepleklet ; 02-10-2010 at 10:24 PM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo