03-02-2010, 04:35 PM #1
Shepleklet
u mad cuz ur ***git
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Originally posted by another user
A source close to the Infinity Ward developer just informed me that a "bunch of bouncer-types" just showed up outside of the Infinity Ward offices unannounced. When approached by employees, the non-uniformed "bouncers" were unwilling to disclose why they were there.

"Everyone is on edge," said my source.

Infinity Ward studio heads Vince Zampella and Jason West reportedly met with Activision this morning and have not been seen by Infinity Ward staff members since. My source did not delve into specifics, but described the relationship between Infinity Ward and Activision lately as "tense."

The mood around the Infinity Ward offices is currently described as "freaked out" and "confused."

"We just wanna make our games," said my source.

UPDATE 10:07 PM: More developments on the situation at Infinity Ward have come to light.

A screen shot surfaced from Infinity Ward CTO Jason West's Facebook page at Kotaku with the status update "Jason West is drinking. Also, unemployed." I can confirm from a source that's friends with West that update did actually come from West's account.
(I am trying to get the screenshot as we speak)

West also updated his Linkedin profile to appears to reflect a change in employment.

"President/Game Director/CCO/CTO Infinity Ward
January 2001 – March 2010 (9 years 3 months)"

While this doesn't yet provide much insight into what actually happened at Infinity Ward, it confirms there are changes afoot at the Call of Duty developer. As soon as I know more, you'll know more.

UPDATE 11:11 PM: Infinity Ward community manager Robert Bowling has vaguely addressed the situation.

"I should also say, while I appreciate all the calls, tweets, messages and hearing my ringtone a lot," said Bowling on his Twitter account, "they're in vain - as I have no info."

UPDATE 11:20 PM: It turns out Activision may have showed their hand in this matter earlier today.

In an SEC filing made this morning, Activision cited a human resources investigation into "breaches of contract and insubordination by two senior employees at Infinity Ward."

Based on the information we currently have, at least one of those employees may have included Infinity Ward CTO Jason West. It's possible Vince Zampella is the other unmentioned employee.

"This matter is expected to involve the departure of key personnel and litigation," read the filing. "At present, the Company does not expect this matter to have a material impact on the Company."

UPDATE 12:02 AM: Double Fine's Tim Schafer, who had his own troubles with Activision over the release of Brutal Legend recently commented on Twitter about what's happening between Infinity Ward and Activision.

"Getting mad at Activision for this kind of thing is like getting mad at an ape for throwing feces," said Schafer. "It's just how the beast communicates."
(This comment is so true :rolleyesSmile
Last edited by Shepleklet ; 03-02-2010 at 04:42 PM.

The following 8 users say thank you to Shepleklet for this useful post:

battman411, DrUnKeNmOnKeY, FuzzaMuzza, GARFS WIFE, little_legz, PrayForPlagues, Tony Danza
03-02-2010, 04:42 PM #2
eXoSkeleton
PSN: IceCold138
bold last update please

good post
03-02-2010, 04:48 PM #3
little_legz
SleepinIsCheatin
so 2 workers have been kidnapped ? lol im kinda confused

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

Originally posted by legz View Post

edit: just got you your 2nd star Happy

The following user thanked little_legz for this useful post:

Shepleklet
03-02-2010, 04:50 PM #4
FuzzaMuzza
NGU Master
Thats just crazy.

lol i'll just leave it at that.
03-02-2010, 04:55 PM #5
Shepleklet
u mad cuz ur ***git

Lol dude I am also slightly confused, since I'm only going by small bits information that is leaked out of Infinity Ward, but I don't think they were kidnapped :p

A screen shot surfaced from Infinity Ward CTO Jason West's Facebook page at Kotaku with the status update "Jason West is drinking. Also, unemployed." I can confirm from a source that's friends with West that update did actually come from West's account

I think he just couldn't handle the success and money he recieved from MW2 so he just went crazy and raped a squirrel. And started drinking heavily, meaning he was removed from his positions.
03-02-2010, 05:35 PM #6

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

edit: just got you your 2nd star Happy

since when does it say ANYTHING about kidnapping, its pretty straight forward..2 senior employes breached their contract and are now supposedly job less, and activision filed a sec claim to launch an investigation into the matter, its called reading,, try it some time Happy
03-02-2010, 05:39 PM #7
lol anything juicy?
03-02-2010, 06:28 PM #8
Cute Poisen
Who’s Jim Erased?
How can Activision fire an Infinity Ward employee? Aren't the completely two seperate parties?
03-02-2010, 06:32 PM #9
little_legz
SleepinIsCheatin
yeah i did read it spandex hence the reason i said im confused...and nice shep Happy
03-02-2010, 06:59 PM #10
maddenking1234
King of Madden
Originally posted by Cute
How can Activision fire an Infinity Ward employee? Aren't the completely two seperate parties?

because infinity ward is a sub-branch of activision, hence why they can do what they did.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo