04-01-2010, 03:29 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Today, Sony has released a their patch 3.21 which has unfortunately removed the "Other OS" function due to security issues, which you probably know as GeoHotz hypervisor hack. GeoHotz responded by saying not to update your firmware, and someone on another forum posted a method so that an update is not needed. And this is the process:

• Go onto the XMB on the start up screen.
  • Go to Network Settings and select Internet Connection Settings.
  • Click Custom > [any option] > [any option] > Manual.
  • For you IP address, you may want to go to your router webpage to find out this remaining info, but for the primary DNS you need to put 67.202.81.137 which should trick the PS3 into thinking you're fully updated.
  • Choose your settings from here on.

Now you should be able to sign in and play games.

This is how the hack was done:

Originally posted by Aaron
I configured BIND to point *.ps3.update.playstation.net to the same IP, and configured my lighttpd to serve a custom updatelist.txt file for all regions that tells the PS3 it's up-to-date.

And there you have it. There is a minor downfall though. Some discs may become unreadable without this firmware but I can only see that happening with future games and my guess is that GeoHotz will find something revolutionary before that point anyway.

Original post: You must login or register to view this content.

Youtube Video Tutorial:

[ws]HAIlpz-Ftkw[/ws]
Last edited by JimErased ; 04-02-2010 at 10:56 AM.

The following 20 users say thank you to JimErased for this useful post:

Ronye West, Antiaverage, AtlasK, Cpt.S, DaenerysTargy, Doctor Stan, DSx, Fletcher, FourzerotwoFAILS, GetDeleted -_-, HackStreak, HSx9, Lucky7, MrBelfast, ONEster, patastinky, Sert, Samberg, Tons, xScarsii
04-01-2010, 03:37 PM #2
Charizard
Yeah Buddy!
Meh i have slim and its much sexier than old models so it dosent concern me, but nice find none the less im sure i would do this if i never had the slim.
04-01-2010, 03:38 PM #3
Dewzy916
i am broski916
I don't even use the other OS so is it ok to just update it?
04-01-2010, 03:49 PM #4
FuzzaMuzza
NGU Master
Unfortunatly i have a slim..so i just updated
04-01-2010, 03:52 PM #5
Antones
Blood of Innocence
So this update prevents us from hacking games n shiz??
04-01-2010, 03:53 PM #6
Pretty much, and this method prevents it. I also think it tricks it into thinking any firmware is correct but I'm not too sure.
04-01-2010, 04:04 PM #7
OtherOS is not required to hack games, this update just disabled customs firmwares on our PS3 so if we were to use REAL hacks with Homebrew ect, we'd have to system restore and then do this to mod our firmware.

The following user thanked 4chanPartyVan for this useful post:

WogboySRB
04-01-2010, 04:18 PM #8
I already updated, anyway to delete patch?
04-01-2010, 04:37 PM #9
Originally posted by Carbon0x View Post
I already updated, anyway to delete patch?

i have already update :mad: thought a bypass for it would take a few days not a few hours but the should be ways off downgrading it
04-01-2010, 04:37 PM #10
-RaGe-
Keeper
When/if you do this, make sure you put in your own secondary DNS, or else your friend list will be empty.

The following user thanked -RaGe- for this useful post:

xScreamo!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo