04-13-2010, 04:56 PM #1
eXoSkeleton
PSN: IceCold138
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); RIP Custom DNS bypass....

Almost immediately after Sony released its new firmware update, 3.21, that removed the "Other OS" function, various techniques of keeping the previous firmware alive and still playing online have been discovered.

One of these techniques is the fake DNS (<a href="https://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/featured-news/125191-playstation-3-patch-version-3-21-live-bypass.html" target="_blank">See here for more details</a>Winky Winky

Another of the main ways that have been found to enable you to keep the old firmware alive, is by using proxy programs that would tell the server that the current firmware was up to date or rewrite the packet itself (<a href="https://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/call-duty-modern-warfare-2-exploits-hacks/126349-ps3-patch-blocker-v2-1-a.html">See here for NextGenUpdate's own <i>TheUnkn0wn</i>'s program</a>Winky Winky, but it has been reported that neither of these are working any more.

The DNS bypass was originally used by many as a way of holding out for GeoHot's custom firmware to allow the Other OS function. It is my personal opinion that people will continue to push GeoHot for a release of his firmware, as many people believe they can become expert hackers by using it.

A video showing proof that it no longer works is available to watch below.

[ws]xIfPRuSgeBU[/ws]

Sony is yet to confim that they have removed the ability to sign in on previous firmwares by either of these 2 methods, but it is almost guaranteed to have something to do with further security concerns.

Written by eXoSkeleton.

And remember, to stay up-to-date on all the most recent gaming news, glitches and general discussion, simply create a free You must login or register to view this content..
Last edited by Shepleklet ; 04-13-2010 at 09:40 PM.

The following user thanked eXoSkeleton for this useful post:

TheUberFail
04-13-2010, 07:54 PM #11
i dont wanna push poor geo into releasing his stuff but i mean sony is really jumping the gun with this one....

i still havent updated my ps3 and im signed in at the moment but that may be cause of the fact that i havent turned off my ps3 for a week or so now because ive been winstreaking in call of duty 4 heavily

so basicly if you havent turned your ps3 off and havent updated your ps3 firmware your good but i think thats around .5% of us
04-13-2010, 07:56 PM #12
S e t h
STONED [ON] OFF
i'll wait to update to see if there is another bypass
04-13-2010, 08:43 PM #13
zub
Keeper
Originally posted by Newfeh
I can still bypass perfectly fine :p.

what method are you using? what country are you in? have you signed out in the last few hours to sign back in? details man! details!!!
04-13-2010, 09:00 PM #14
juddylovespizza
I'VE GOT JUNGLE FEVER
Originally posted by Newfeh
The patchblocker, Newfoundland, Canada. Yes, I did the prestige hack an hour ago and worked fine.

Urr No we mean the ps3 firmware bypass not the mw2 one
04-13-2010, 09:09 PM #15
kingpukka
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by PAyNe View Post
i dont wanna push poor geo into releasing his stuff but i mean sony is really jumping the gun with this one....

i still havent updated my ps3 and im signed in at the moment but that may be cause of the fact that i havent turned off my ps3 for a week or so now because ive been winstreaking in call of duty 4 heavily

so basicly if you havent turned your ps3 off and havent updated your ps3 firmware your good but i think thats around .5% of us

i dare u turn off your ps3Happy
04-13-2010, 09:34 PM #16
Calfreezy
General/PS3
NIce find! great news congrats on getting it on N4G Happy
04-13-2010, 10:58 PM #17
Originally posted by kingpukka View Post
i dare u turn off your ps3Happy

lol that would be a terrible idea...
its been on for ever xD

im so gonna get the YLoSad Awesomerolleyes:
04-14-2010, 06:50 AM #18