08-19-2010, 07:01 AM #1
Jake
One Man Army
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

A hacker on YouTube has claimed that he is testing the worlds first PS3 mod-chip. According to the hacker, the games can be loaded off an external memory device, and it supports all firmwares. He points out that it is still in testing stages, but nothing has been proved as of yet.

First Mod-Chip?

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqYorUwbG7k&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Worlds First Ps3 modchip??[/ame]

Playstation 3 Game Dumping

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6DxvQk0oJI&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Ps3 Game Dumping[/ame]

So what do you think, fake or legit?
[/B]

Source: [url=youtube.com]Youtube[/url]
Last edited by Jake ; 08-19-2010 at 07:05 AM.

The following 5 users say thank you to Jake for this useful post:

Ronye West, CASHANADA, Honeybro, Mr.Kane, Smokin420
08-19-2010, 05:48 PM #29
SUPERIMIAINI
Machete Don't Text!
Originally posted by musnttango1 View Post
but in both vids they dont actually play the game?

I was thinking the same thing, one thing is for the game to load another thing is for it to be playable. From those videos everything looks pretty legit I just want to see the game run.
08-19-2010, 05:52 PM #30
Ameht!
Dark Knight
will have to wait and see
08-19-2010, 05:54 PM #31
virus003
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by ryan
this is there second test the show more proof that it works

You must login or register to view this content.

also this is there website>> You must login or register to view this content.

When I saw this I shat brix.
Repeat 0:45
over, and over again. I still think this is bs because he hasn't played any backed up games.
08-19-2010, 06:08 PM #32
ryan saa
At least I can fight
Originally posted by virus003 View Post
When I saw this I shat brix.
Repeat 0:45
over, and over again. I still think this is bs because he hasn't played any backed up games.

me personally believe 70% that its legit, but i would wait for a trust person of the community like an admin or mod from this site to comfirm it works before ordering one. thats a lot of money to spend on something that your not 100% sure it would work
08-19-2010, 07:41 PM #33
Rokiz
Death is hereditary
Nah, Nah, if you see the xbox mod chip, they cost lke £100 when it first came out, now there going to prices like £40 Just watch they will drop.

Edit: After reading the website I have found it was made for the new firmware, Sony will make a new firmware and it would not work anymore/ Or they will have to keep making new dongles to keep up-to-date with the firmwares
Last edited by Rokiz ; 08-19-2010 at 07:47 PM.
08-19-2010, 07:43 PM #34
Kidd Cold
**** my Toaster !~!
Originally posted by SUPERIMIAINI View Post
I was thinking the same thing, one thing is for the game to load another thing is for it to be playable. From those videos everything looks pretty legit I just want to see the game run.

It's because it doesn't actually work.
08-19-2010, 08:27 PM #35
SUPERIMIAINI
Machete Don't Text!
Originally posted by Kidd
It's because it doesn't actually work.

Hmmm Maybee, but you think they would go through all the trouble of posting that video knowing the stir-up it would cause if it actually didn't work, or couldn't prove it ?? hmm I hope not Facepalm
08-19-2010, 08:44 PM #36
Mateen
pretty chill guy
It's real, and I am sure sony will patch immediately, if possible.

Wait for a chinese knockoff soon...lol
08-19-2010, 08:47 PM #37
killer007
Gym leader
it does work and works online as of today...but when new firmware comes out.. who knows what's going to happen.. but the usb is upgradeable.. that's if they can come up ways to bypass the new sony firmware..no different then mod chip for wii and xbox...
when new firmware comes out you can't update you system until they find a work around...
It's kinda over price.. but it's new..
PS: how do I know it works? because I have 1 with different brand name on it... got it like 1 month ago from asia... I paid 100us dollar for it...

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo