08-23-2010, 08:05 PM #1
Jake
One Man Army
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); PC modders were prevented from modding Modern Warfare 2 in its entirety, whereas Call of Duty: Black Ops will have modding tools available for the PC community.

A Treyarch Spokesman said on the Black Ops official site:

Originally posted by another user
We plan to open the game up for modding sometime post-launch. We do not know yet to what extent you will be able to mod the game. There are some purely technical issues related to engine and internal tool enhancements that do not easily fit the modtools paradigm. We have looked at it close enough to see that it is non-trivial and we will have to pick it up again post-launch. Right now we are completely focused on finishing the game.

And, dev console: confirmed.

For those of you who are unsure, Mod Tools is a computer program which will allow PC users to create their own version of the game. It allows them to change out models, weapons, effects, characters, and even create an entire level.

This announcement will be much welcomed in the Call of Duty PC community, who were annoyed at Infinity Ward's decision not to allow for modding in Modern Warfare 2.

Sources: You must login or register to view this content. and You must login or register to view this content.

Are you excited at the prospect of PC Modding for Black Ops?

RedKnight adds: Just so you know, 'Mod Tools' means Developer Kit. Basically zombie mods in multiplayer, promod, other cool modded gametypes, extra maps and custom levels, weaponry and equipment in certain servers.
Last edited by RedKnight ; 08-23-2010 at 09:08 PM.

The following 5 users say thank you to Jake for this useful post:

Adamâ„¢, billionk, FoxkaZ, ImThePwnosaurus, MrModly
08-23-2010, 08:10 PM #2
SniperScope
PS3CoDFailures
It would be awesome if Treyarch implemented a map modding tool for console gamers to use. Far Cry 2 had a map modding feature, which I used quite a lot. I just thought it would be a good feature to add. Smile
08-23-2010, 08:10 PM #3
This news has just enlightened my crappy day I am having today. Treyarch is doing EVERYTHING that Infinity Ward has failed to do. Only thing I am hoping now is that PC gets dedicated servers. Happy
08-23-2010, 08:17 PM #4
SniperScope
PS3CoDFailures
Originally posted by Pyrochemical View Post
This news has just enlightened my crappy day I am having today. Treyarch is doing EVERYTHING that Infinity Ward has failed to do. Only thing I am hoping now is that PC gets dedicated servers. Happy

I thought Treyarch already confirmed dedicated servers for Black Ops? I could be wrong though.
08-23-2010, 08:18 PM #5
Originally posted by SniperScope View Post
I thought Treyarch already confirmed dedicated servers for Black Ops? I could be wrong though.

If they did, today might actually be a good day for me after all. :angel:
08-23-2010, 08:21 PM #6
ryan saa
At least I can fight
sound good Smile
08-23-2010, 08:33 PM #7
FlutterShy
Big Daddy
Lucky PC Users, when I get new PC i'ma get BO for it :'Winky Winky
08-23-2010, 08:52 PM #8
Kombust
At least I can fight
Mac compatable Pl0x <3

The following user thanked Kombust for this useful post:

xOH-
08-23-2010, 08:52 PM #9
Gav
Like a baws
Sweet i cant wait i've pre ordered it on steam and ps3
08-23-2010, 10:41 PM #10
fike
Brute
Originally posted by Pyrochemical View Post
If they did, today might actually be a good day for me after all. :angel:

they did long long ago in like the first interview ever about black ops. at the end he said "and for the PC gamers: yes we will have dedicated servers"

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo