Post: Court Ordered Temporary Restraining Order Granted Against Geohot
01-28-2011, 12:47 AM #1
Reaper
The Grim Reaper
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

My how the tables have turned once again. A surprising turn of events occurred the other day. In regards with the court case between George Hotz (Geohot) and the Sony Corporation. The Judge overhearing the case actually went into the favor of Sony Corporation.

The judge decided California did indeed have jurisdiction of the case and granted Sony's request for a temporary restraining order (TRO) against George Hotz.

What does this mean? It means that he has to surrender his PC's, PlayStation 3 consoles and just basically anything he used while hacking into the PlayStation 3 console/gaming equipment.

So in this thread I would like to see what your comments about this is. Do you feel bad for him or do you agree? Can't wait to see what you guys have to comment on.

You can Read more by Downloading the Legal Documents You must login or register to view this content.

Any More Information Regarding these issues can be found You must login or register to view this content.

Source: You must login or register to view this content.
01-28-2011, 02:38 AM #20
How long is this TRO going to last?
01-28-2011, 02:38 AM #21
BiNaRY-
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by hecman View Post
Who said I DID like that?? I dont like it when a 8yr old freezes ur ps3 on a public match, but I always liked to hack every console I owned

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

Who lives in a bunker deep under the ground?? George Hotz!!!
LOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!=D

LOL.

You're not even hacking, you're downloading and following a tutorial.
01-28-2011, 02:40 AM #22
Gaia
Former Staff
Originally posted by Bushman View Post
Lol he broke the law, easy as that. Atleast the pussy can live and not get butt****ed day by day in jail Cool Man (aka Tustin)

EDIT: Trolololol 7 groans so far. :carling:

I wanted to Thank you post cause I agree with you, I reckon he deserved it, but his stuff taken away? I don't agree with that bit
01-28-2011, 03:20 AM #23
karimkz
Space Ninja
Idk but maybe Sony Bribed the Judge...
01-28-2011, 03:22 AM #24
Pac-Man
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by hecman View Post
Who said I DID like that?? I dont like it when a 8yr old freezes ur ps3 on a public match, but I always liked to hack every console I owned

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

Who lives in a bunker deep under the ground?? George Hotz!!!
LOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!=D

You badass hacker you.
01-28-2011, 04:04 AM #25
WaZoO
† Nipples+GFX= LIFE †
Originally posted by Jolly
Wow I bet you Sony payed that judge so that they could put a restraining order on Geohot.

First of all, sorry, but it's "paid" Happy
And on topic, that's pretty gay how he has to give up all his PC's and PS3's.
What's he supposed to do now, go outside and get a life?!?! Psh, who here does that? :carling:
01-28-2011, 04:24 AM #26
Looks exactly how I write my news articles :carling:!
01-28-2011, 04:38 AM #27
Fail
I Break The Rules.
Geohot is my dad. Nuf said.
01-28-2011, 05:00 AM #28
Originally posted by Reaper View Post
You must login or register to view this content.

My how the tables have turned once again. A surprising turn of events occurred the other day. In regards with the court case between George Hotz (Geohot) and the Sony Corporation. The Judge overhearing the case actually went into the favor of Sony Corporation.

The judge decided California did indeed have jurisdiction of the case and granted Sony's request for a temporary restraining order (TRO) against George Hotz.

What does this mean? It means that he has to surrender his PC's, PlayStation 3 consoles and just basically anything he used while hacking into the PlayStation 3 console/gaming equipment.

So in this thread I would like to see what your comments about this is. Do you feel bad for him or do you agree? Can't wait to see what you guys have to comment on.

You can Read more by Downloading the Legal Documents You must login or register to view this content.

Any More Information Regarding these issues can be found You must login or register to view this content.

Source: You must login or register to view this content.

By, "surrender his PC's, PlayStation 3 consoles and just basically anything he used while hacking into the PlayStation 3 console/gaming equipment" that means that he has to give it up? All the stuff he payed for, just confiscated? WTF?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo