03-07-2011, 10:43 PM #1
Kush Friendly
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Sony Hackers, Beware.
You must login or register to view this content.

According to BBC News, Sony has been granted permission to acquire the information of people who downloaded the mandatory files required to hack the PlayStation 3. A judge from San Francisco, California, approved Sony a subpoena: A legal order demanding evidence. This order gives Sony access to a list of IP addresses. The software used to breach Sony’s PS3 operating system was placed on the website of George Hotz, infamously known as Geohot. George Hotz is being sued by Sony with the claim of Mr.Hotz breaching copyright laws, ultimately allowing users the access to pirated games. As stated by the BBC News, “Court documents, obtained by Wired magazine, show that the company successfully petitioned to obtain IP addresses from the web-hosting company Bluehost.” Such information can be used to indicate the geographical locations of the many users which accessed Mr.Hotz website, Gehot.com. BBC also marks that legal action against the masses of people who downloaded the software crack may not be Sony’s aim.

Many sources don’t support the likelihood of elongated and costly legal challenges. Instead, Sony want’s to discover the number of people that downloaded the software crack as well as their locations. Sony’s intentions with such information is to establish jurisdiction in the case against Mr.Hotz. The document states, "SCEA [Sony Computer Entertainment America] needs to determine how rampant the access to and use of these circumvention devices has been in California in order to rebut Mr Hotz's suggestion that his illicit conduct was not aimed at the forum state.” This legal order also allows Sony to access information alleged with the case from sites such as Twitter, Google Blogspot, and YouTube.

Sony previously settled with a restraining order against Mr.Hotz. That order banned Mr.Hotz from revealing any methods of manipulation to the PS3’s Operating System. Mr.Hotz, in conjunction with a group of individuals, is being charged with violating various copyright laws, including The Digital Millennium Copyright Act:
He is also charged with violations of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act. Mr.Hotz claims that he in no way supported piracy, but rather praised the ’Home Brew’ community, which are users that write their own software for the PS3 system. In conclusion, Sony boldly stated that they are now able to identify users who are running a hacked PlayStation 3 system. Sony also noted that they will strip the right of online usage from such offenders if the hacking proceeds.

Last edited by 420 ; 03-09-2011 at 06:52 AM.

The following 17 users say thank you to 420 for this useful post:

-ScreaM-, AmanH, billionk, game1231, Hurldoh, The Epic, MBO, Mr.Oppossum, salventura, Sh4d0w!, Sn0wb0arder245, toxic90384109284, KFC, weedsmoka843, wite_guy, xOMANx, youwish1
03-26-2011, 05:38 AM #74
gopher517
CCCP: AK47 IS THE TOOL
silly sony, cfw's are for kids
03-26-2011, 07:09 AM #75
smushpie
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by iKeep View Post
i'm not scared of sony! SUE ME

Sony will not sue individuals that does not pose or create a dire threat to their business, meaning if you were just using it e.g. CFW, they'll just ban your psn and maybe lock ps3 console, but mostly likely psn, but if you are creating such software or any correlations (anything that tracks and using to the CFW) then probably they'll open a class lawsuit with other people if they are committing the same thing (so you won't be alone when they sue you :muckSmile

but it seems there pretty passive on this issue, not many bans are reported
03-26-2011, 02:57 PM #76
Pewp
Praise Gaben
Sony can't sue over 2 million people for downloading the hacks, where will this get Sony?
03-26-2011, 03:37 PM #77
this is crzy on how the have so much power
03-26-2011, 03:49 PM #78
Jolly Nigga
NGUs Resident Nigga
Originally posted by 420 View Post
IMO, I hope they follow through with this and ban the hackers from online usage. I'm sick of being thrown into a hacked lobby every time I try to play a decent game of COD4 or MW2.

Hacks on MW2 were patched like a week ago.
03-26-2011, 08:13 PM #79
xMurphyBoiix
❶❸❸❼
So whats this mean put in other words ?
03-26-2011, 08:24 PM #80
streamwood
Gunsmoke James Arness
lol they might check this site hope they dont go to this site
03-27-2011, 12:01 AM #81
DarknessNova
Do a barrel roll!
F Sony And F the system. I'll do whatever I want.
03-27-2011, 10:04 AM #82
Merkii
Former Staff
Originally posted by IxEvolutionIx View Post
Funny how sonys getting tooken down like this

Microsoft ---------------------- sony
Geohot ----------------------------- sony
Activision ---------------------------sony
Exclusive Content -------------------------sony
LG-------------------------------------sony
AND MORE-----------------------------------sony
All Getting hit This year hum... end of sony All Hail Microsoft? Gasp

Your an idiot first how is treyharch fighting sony LG won and it is TAKEN not TOOKEN

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo