05-26-2011, 10:55 PM #1
CLM
[b]They say sorry Mr. West is..[/b]
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Sony is Working on PlayStation 4
Source: You must login or register to view this content. // By: ClutchLikeMelo // May 26, 2011

Sony has just confirmed that a "future platform" is in the works to follow the PlayStation 3!

Sony's executive vice president and chief financial officer Masaru Kato made the announcement today in conference call to investors. When asked to explain increased research and development costs, he answered, saying:

Originally posted by another user
"For the home equipment the PS3 still has a product life," he said, "but this is a platform business, so for the future platform - when we'll be introducing what product I cannot discuss that - but our development work is already under way, so the costs are incurred there."

Kato's comments come at exact opposites with Sony Computer Entertainment boss, Kaz Hirai's. Back in March, Hirai said, "a near-future PS4 or next-generation home console is not something that we are even debating now." Hirai then went on to stress that Sony wasn't "even at the half-way point" in PS3's lauded 10-year plan.

The current console cycle is definitely longer than previous ones, but with the Wii 2 (aka Project Cafe) expected to be unveiled soon at E3, and rumors of top-tier publishing partners receiving prototype dev kits of Microsoft's new Xbox, that may just be the end of this cycle, and the beginning of the next gen consoles!
Last edited by CLM ; 05-26-2011 at 11:03 PM.

The following 12 users say thank you to CLM for this useful post:

Brentdevent, MikeOxBig, GolfWang, Jorgos Nomikos, Moreton, Pauly, Sicarius, SYNKz, TEXAS24_ReStEr, TurboD16, xShadow
05-27-2011, 01:30 AM #11
Originally posted by Zatoichi View Post
I wonder if we will continue to use the same playstation network or maybe a completely revamped PSN for PS4? Hmm... A chance to snag some rare names? :carling:

There may be a revamped ui but the database will most likely stay with the arrival of the PS4.

Although, I will most likely not be picking up a PS4. If the new Microsoft platform supports Blue-Ray, I will pick an XBOX instead.
05-27-2011, 01:31 AM #12
AgentDragonPig
BLoODz-DrAgOn
Ill do what mitchell said. PS3 still has some juice in it. Ill wait for a price drop.
05-27-2011, 01:39 AM #13
ZarteK
U MaD??.
gonna be awesome... cant wait
05-27-2011, 01:51 AM #14
BAMF
Social Engineer
Yay another console to hack /facepalm
05-27-2011, 02:35 AM #15
Originally posted by Macdaddy4sure View Post
There may be a revamped ui but the database will most likely stay with the arrival of the PS4.

Although, I will most likely not be picking up a PS4. If the new Microsoft platform supports Blue-Ray, I will pick an XBOX instead.

If I'm going to take 2 guess's.

The PS4 PSN will be pay to play after the PSN hacked thing. And it will be a completely different ui.

Xbox could never use blu-ray unless sony and micrsoft had some kind partnership. This would be like coca-cola giving pepsi there formula.

Remember these are just my guess's.
05-27-2011, 02:54 AM #16
xElite
Haxor!
Hopefully they offer a way for the PS3 to be upgraded for a relatively cheap(er) price. (than buying a whole new PS4.)
05-27-2011, 03:19 AM #17
YnO
~♣°Yamata no Orochi°♣~
You must login or register to view this content.

The following user thanked YnO for this useful post:

BAMF
05-27-2011, 04:35 AM #18
PULS3
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by kaito View Post
PS4 is gonna be like 500$ o.o!

If ps3 was 600$ at launch I dont think ps4 will be 500$

Originally posted by bullets View Post
If I'm going to take 2 guess's.

The PS4 PSN will be pay to play after the PSN hacked thing. And it will be a completely different ui.

Xbox could never use blu-ray unless sony and micrsoft had some kind partnership. This would be like coca-cola giving pepsi there formula.

Remember these are just my guess's.

Sony does not own Blue-ray.Microsoft can use it if they wish.
Last edited by PULS3 ; 05-27-2011 at 04:39 AM.
05-27-2011, 08:39 AM #19
-Skyline
Anonymous
Hopefully they'll up the GFX Memory to 2GB and the RAM bumped to 4-6GB, incorporate a Quad-Cell Processor, then hopefully that'll stop all the bitches complaining that their PC's have more power than the PS4, then no-one will doubt the power of what can be achieved.

But then the PS3 still has some way to go.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo