06-26-2011, 03:43 PM #1
The Open Minded
☮✌Peace Maker✌☮
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); PS3 Price Drop
Source: You must login or register to view this content.// You must login or register to view this content. // You must login or register to view this content. // By: The Open Minded // Sunday, June 26th, 2011

Now this news comes as only a rumor to be sure. I cannot stress how much so it is a rumor, because no one has sited a source. All of this is speculation based upon the current state of the world market and the price drops that Sony has made in the past. Nonetheless all of the gaming sites have blown up with this story.

It is rumored that this August at Gamescom in Cologne, Germany, Sony will be announcing a European price cut for it's PS3 console. The price cut is rumored to be dropping from £255 to a much more affordable £179.99.

This would correlate to a price drop of around $50 to $100 dollars on US markets, meaning there would be a significant drop from the current $299.

The site You must login or register to view this content. sited that:

Originally posted by another user
Sony reiterated that it ‘doesn’t comment on rumour or speculation’, when questioned about upcoming price activity.

So what are your opinions? Do you think a price drop is likely? Do you think a price drop is necessary to help Sony increase sales after the PSN hack? Would the lower price encourage any of you Xboxers to invest in a PS3 as a secondary system?
06-26-2011, 03:49 PM #2
.RAMBO
Banned
I think they are gonna drop the pice tag.. Hopefully they do.
Everyone wants a PS3 to be $120. Awesome face
06-26-2011, 04:00 PM #3
Car Lover
Family Guy FTW
Would be nice if they done it by tomorrow, my ps3 broke so I need a new one ;(
But, i'll just get one now and if it drops i'll "Accidentally" brake my ps3 Awesome face
06-26-2011, 04:06 PM #4
MrFox
Insert Usertitle Here
This is good for I was considering purchasing another one to continue the good old challenge lobbies!

The following user thanked MrFox for this useful post:

ILuZzONz
06-26-2011, 04:09 PM #5
Vaio
Banned
Originally posted by Whufc View Post
Would be nice if they done it by tomorrow, my ps3 broke so I need a new one ;(
But, i'll just get one now and if it drops i'll "Accidentally" brake my ps3 Awesome face

Still, you payed the inb4pricedrops. So basically you won't be getting your refund, you will be getting a new one instead /facepalm
06-26-2011, 04:12 PM #6
Car Lover
Family Guy FTW
Originally posted by Vaio View Post
Still, you payed the inb4pricedrops. So basically you won't be getting your refund, you will be getting a new one instead /facepalm

I Will, and as long as the item is faulty, I can return for a full refund.
If I cant, well, my dads not the person who you want to argue with. :y:
06-26-2011, 04:15 PM #7
Vaio
Banned
Originally posted by Whufc View Post
I Will, and as long as the item is faulty, I can return for a full refund.
If I cant, well, my dads not the person who you want to argue with. :y:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, Enough said.

The following user thanked Vaio for this useful post:

TheMagicN
06-26-2011, 04:16 PM #8
If the price does drop, this will increase the ability to hack, so they may lower the price but not by a significant amount.

The following user thanked Gambler.... for this useful post:

txlonghorn97

The following user groaned Gambler.... for this awful post:

NormL
06-26-2011, 04:17 PM #9
The Open Minded
☮✌Peace Maker✌☮
Originally posted by Z28 View Post
This is good for I was considering purchasing another one to continue the good old challenge lobbies!

I would venture to say that by the time the price drops most new systems will be shipped with the latest firmware. SO buying one for a modded lobby may not be an option.

The following 4 users say thank you to The Open Minded for this useful post:

IRAQ, MrFox, NeglectFate
06-26-2011, 04:20 PM #10
Car Lover
Family Guy FTW
Originally posted by Vaio View Post
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, Enough said.

I dont mean he's gonna beat the living shit out of 'em. I mean he doesnt stop until he gets what he wants, as long as he's within his rights.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo