06-30-2011, 05:50 PM #1
The Open Minded
☮✌Peace Maker✌☮
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Call Of Duty Gaming Convention
Source: You must login or register to view this content. // By: The Open Minded // Thursday, June 30th, 2011

The Call of Duty franchise is one loved and praised by many a hardcore gamer. It is, to many, one the greatest first person shooters. While I know many would disagree with that claim, the point is not to debate the fame of Call of Duty. The point is to recognize it's reach in the gaming world.

This year Activision is recognizing that reach by giving the franchise it's own dedicated convention. Coming this September, Activision will be putting on a 2 day convention dedicated solely to Call of Duty and anything you could ever imagine having to do with it. Activision Blizzard CEO Eric Hirshberg said:
Originally posted by another user
“Everything you could possibly want from a live Call of Duty experience, we're going to try and deliver to people."

The main attraction at this event will be the massive amount if details being released on Modern Warfare 3, including details on the multiplayer, an in depth look at Call of Duty Elite, and the opportunity to play the game for yourself.

The full list of attractions includes:
Activision, and co-sponsor Xbox 360, will host a live, bracketed 32-team tournament with millions in cash and prizes.
Full-scale sets of the Scrapyard multiplayer map and The Pit from Modern Warfare 2 will be available for paintball tournaments.
Players can eat lunch at Modern Warfare 2's Burger Town.
The event will be beamed worldwide via videos on social, digital media. Behind-the-scenes videos, uploads, photographs will be available for everyone to experience.
A Call of Duty armory and museum will be on site for players to explore.
Developers attending the event will deliver keynote addresses and panel discussions.

Hirshberg was asked about the possibility of a yearly event and he said in response:
"That's something we're clearly considering, but we'll have to wait and see…It's going to be Call of Duty to the nth degree, from the grandest design down to the smallest detail."

The event will be held in Las Angles, California. Tickets to the event go on sale July 19th. ALL proceeds will go to You must login or register to view this content., a program that helps support veterans of the US military in finding jobs.

Please visit this link for information on attending this event: You must login or register to view this content.

The following 6 users say thank you to The Open Minded for this useful post:

Assassin, chrisdogg, IRAQ, N.W.A, revel, ug bravo
06-30-2011, 05:57 PM #2
Nice Post Winky Winky
06-30-2011, 06:35 PM #3
I wish I could go to this. Paintball tournament on a real life scrapyard? :happycry:
06-30-2011, 07:01 PM #4
The Open Minded
☮✌Peace Maker✌☮
Originally posted by Travis View Post
I wish I could go to this. Paintball tournament on a real life scrapyard? :happycry:

I would commit horrible acts to be able to go. Sadly I still can't. Haha.
06-30-2011, 07:32 PM #5
Originally posted by LegenD View Post
Aye, I know you are. But seems kind of harsh too me... Members post a usefull thread, so the original poster should get Credit...

Well most of the time the thousands of active members on here will get to it first before 5 people can, so if the News team couldn't repost news there would be little to no news at all.

The following user thanked Travis for this useful post:

The Open Minded
06-30-2011, 07:35 PM #6
Assassin
Easter Egg!
sounds amazing but i dont have $150 to spend and plus.. i live in england :(
06-30-2011, 07:51 PM #7
NJN
I sat on your nachos
sry dudeee
06-30-2011, 09:08 PM #8
.JiampyPotter
So Much Win.
Don't post news or News Reporters will steel them :carling:
BTW nice post, i wish to go to one of these convention they make.
06-30-2011, 09:38 PM #9
Greeves
Little One
So this isn't just for MW3?
07-01-2011, 06:39 PM #10
The Open Minded
☮✌Peace Maker✌☮
Originally posted by Greeves View Post
So this isn't just for MW3?

No it is a convention dedicated to everything having to do with the Call of Duty series. It will just feature things about MW3 as part of it.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo