06-30-2011, 09:18 PM #1
Default Avatar
x iJB x
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Xbox & PS3 Partnership with OnLive?
Source: You must login or register to view this content. // By: x iJailBreak x // 30/06/2011

OnLive, the cloud-based gaming service that doesaway with discs and downloads, has reportedly been in talks with Microsoft and Sony about a possible partnership in the future.

You must login or register to view this content.

A representative said the following:

Originally posted by another user
"There are OnLive guys chatting Sony and MS, but we'll see where it goes. But it would absolutely work, we're ready to work with everybody." "What people are realizing and waking up to is everything could be a console, why shouldn't you be able to take your game everywhere. I think the timing of this is perfect. When I joined the company I didn't think it was going to pan out this way."

So what can this mean for 360 and PS3 gamers? The ability for PS3 gamers to play with or against 360 gamers? Maybe. The possibilities, however, are endless.

The following 14 users say thank you to x iJB x for this useful post:

-Daemon-, .RAMBO, +Sfx Krush, BlogsterReviews, CRACKbomber, Dingus98, DrUnKeNmOnKeY, jakerad95, jay2nice000, Lowkey_, mman259, preditor-_-kiil, Sakata, ug bravo
07-01-2011, 07:41 AM #20
wont happen....... they both need to be similar specs eather xbox gets updated then costs the same as a ps3 or u just remove half of the ps3 and put a sticky label on it saying 360 compatible

dont think eather company wants to spend the extra hundreds of millions... atleast untill they make new consols

ps3 would be far superior to xbox on just processor speed alone...

The following user thanked xSiiK---AT0MIK for this useful post:

Invalld
07-01-2011, 08:04 AM #21
If this does become the next big thing, and it is capable of cross-platform gaming, then that could be a bad thing.

The best and most innovative games and technology are around because of competition. If there was no competition, then prices would go up and standards could go down because there wouldn't be much of a need for Sony or Microsoft to compete for customers.

Our only hope would be Nintendo lol.
Last edited by mman259 ; 07-01-2011 at 08:12 AM.
07-01-2011, 10:59 AM #22
MarioDaKid
.:SwagTeam or Die:.
I dont think this would work, because it would lower console sales. For example, people would just buy COD for Onlive instead of console, since Onlive allows much more mobility and cross platform ect. #JustSaying
07-01-2011, 12:48 PM #23
iNaz
Vault dweller
If they do it now with PS3 and Xbox Im pretty sure that there will be no names to make as GT or PSN and guess what I aint paying to play online with some 10 year old from another console. On the otherhand what about coding for games so on?
07-01-2011, 03:07 PM #24
Mr.RizLa+
Mistaaa RizLa !
if its tru , it would be sick. But i bet psn would charge to play online live microsoft :(
07-02-2011, 01:43 AM #25
TheBryant
Space Ninja
I like the idea but the console loses value, while the prices go up.

No competition is a bad thing. I doubt this deal will even go through, though.
07-02-2011, 03:35 AM #26
Muffins
Do a barrel roll!
i hope onlive catches on, seems like a great service
07-02-2011, 03:36 AM #27
A1
Why You Mad Bruh?
WOW!! This Will Be Amazing Is 1 Of My Dreams, Rape Xbox Players From My PS3!! Awesome faceAwesome face
07-02-2011, 03:38 AM #28
ryanxle
Do a barrel roll!
This would be awesomeee.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo