07-04-2011, 08:37 AM #1
Default Avatar
x iJB x
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); MW3 Developer Takes A Dig At EA's Battlefield 3
Source: You must login or register to view this content. // By: Spirit- // 04/07/2011

Things sure are hotting up in the world of FPS games. We've had the rumours of a fourth Black Ops map pack, and we've heard rumours about Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3. But things just turned nasty as Sledgehammer Games, developers of Activision's Modern Warfare 3, takes a dig at their main competitor and rival game today.

Glen Schofield, co-founder and general manager of Sledgehammer Games, has taken this dig not to anger EA, but to warn gamers of Battlefield 3's unattractive frame rate of 30fps, while Modern Warfare 3 will run at a much smoother 60fps.

Although in the interview Schofield does not mention Battlefield 3, it's easy to realise that he is talking about it due to it's shockingly low frame rate.

Originally posted by another user
"You can go out and name your engine and call it whatever you want, right, you know, I've done that before, I've seen that trick and the bottom line is, this game will run at 60 frames a second. Not sure any of our competitors will.

Not sure I've seen any of our competitors on the console, especially running at 60 frames a second, and I'd be a little scared at this point - in June - if I was looking forward to a particular game that wasn't on the console and running at 60.

I think 60 is our competitive edge and you just don't throw that away. You don't ship an engine, you ship a game."

The following 3 users say thank you to x iJB x for this useful post:

Modus, Xanadu, XHaveNOFearX

The following user groaned x iJB x for this awful post:

SuperYuper
07-05-2011, 06:52 PM #11
Assassin
Easter Egg!
Originally posted by Enjoi. View Post
The guys at MW3 focus on the FPS because they dont have nothing else against BF3. :lol:

nah.. making a 30fps game in 2011 is just :dumb:

but everyone will still buy both games
07-05-2011, 08:07 PM #12
lilnatsfan44
At least I can fight
i think the Frame Rate makes a big difference. i take it seriously and COD definitely would not be the same if the framerate was just 30.....
07-05-2011, 08:48 PM #13
ez2animate
Space Ninja
It's ironic because Black Ops didn't run at a consistent 60 FPS on PS3, while, apparently EA is preferring Ps3 over Xbox for this game...
07-05-2011, 11:38 PM #14
:lol: A "small" Battlefield map has 10x the action in it than ground war on wasteland, these idiots think they can make up for their lack of any new or special gameplay with 60fps...
07-05-2011, 11:58 PM #15
karimkz
Space Ninja
Thats very LOL
07-06-2011, 01:18 AM #16
Damaga
Keeper
Originally posted by codwawandmw2 View Post
this is old?

so right saw it b4

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

Originally posted by EvilRip View Post
:lol: A "small" Battlefield map has 10x the action in it than ground war on wasteland, these idiots think they can make up for their lack of any new or special gameplay with 60fps...

do u mean the map rust cause thts small

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Originally posted by Adam
nah.. making a 30fps game in 2011 is just :dumb:

but everyone will still buy both games

o hay will u b rite
07-06-2011, 01:37 AM #17
Old but good post still
07-06-2011, 03:03 AM #18
Default Avatar
x iJB x
To be perfectly honest, I've played both Battlefield games and absolutely hated them. I sold Battlefield 1 the next day and Battlefield 2 is still sat upstairs after I played it. One of the worst games I've ever played. And I don't really care if Call Of Duty gets repetitive because it's a game in a genre where all games end up being repetitive: you play the stupidly-small campaign, and the side missions, go online in a team or against everyone, and kill the shit out of anything that dares to move. Sure, small features are added but not enough features to stop it being labelled as repetitive.

The following user thanked x iJB x for this useful post:

Alpha
07-06-2011, 03:10 AM #19
Originally posted by Spirit
Nope, the dig was taken yesterday/today apparently.

Edit: Or maybe not. Damn.

What do they mean by frame rate? Was the frame rate in Mw2 a 60? And what about BFBC2 frame rate? I'm not really sure what this "Frame rate" is :confused: I've played alot of FPS games and everything looked fine when you moved,looked ,etc.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo