07-04-2011, 08:37 AM #1
Default Avatar
x iJB x
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); MW3 Developer Takes A Dig At EA's Battlefield 3
Source: You must login or register to view this content. // By: Spirit- // 04/07/2011

Things sure are hotting up in the world of FPS games. We've had the rumours of a fourth Black Ops map pack, and we've heard rumours about Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3. But things just turned nasty as Sledgehammer Games, developers of Activision's Modern Warfare 3, takes a dig at their main competitor and rival game today.

Glen Schofield, co-founder and general manager of Sledgehammer Games, has taken this dig not to anger EA, but to warn gamers of Battlefield 3's unattractive frame rate of 30fps, while Modern Warfare 3 will run at a much smoother 60fps.

Although in the interview Schofield does not mention Battlefield 3, it's easy to realise that he is talking about it due to it's shockingly low frame rate.

Originally posted by another user
"You can go out and name your engine and call it whatever you want, right, you know, I've done that before, I've seen that trick and the bottom line is, this game will run at 60 frames a second. Not sure any of our competitors will.

Not sure I've seen any of our competitors on the console, especially running at 60 frames a second, and I'd be a little scared at this point - in June - if I was looking forward to a particular game that wasn't on the console and running at 60.

I think 60 is our competitive edge and you just don't throw that away. You don't ship an engine, you ship a game."

The following 3 users say thank you to x iJB x for this useful post:

Modus, Xanadu, XHaveNOFearX

The following user groaned x iJB x for this awful post:

SuperYuper
07-06-2011, 03:14 AM #20
Default Avatar
x iJB x
Originally posted by .AcidHavoc View Post
What do they mean by frame rate? Was the frame rate in Mw2 a 60? And what about BFBC2 frame rate? I'm not really sure what this "Frame rate" is :confused: I've played alot of FPS games and everything looked fine when you moved,looked ,etc.

Frame rate is how smoothly the image is displayed what something onscreen moves or transforms. It's measured in FPS (frames per second) and the higher the FPS, the better (and the smoother the image is) :megusta:

The following 2 users say thank you to x iJB x for this useful post:

Assassin, oHai My Name Is
07-07-2011, 06:11 AM #21
Man, Im done with CoD... its the same old same old... they need to bring something new and mind-blowing

Battlefield 3(PC) all the way

You must login or register to view this content.
07-07-2011, 06:38 AM #22
Tree
Clearly Outplayed
The human eye can only see 30. 60 is smooth for fast gameplay
07-07-2011, 07:35 AM #23
Ada Wong
So cute!
who cares about frames care about gameplay and graphics Mw3 is like Mw2 and BO but BF is like killzone that is the diffrence between them activision just wants money maybe some day they give a mappack to the people that didnt bought BF3 with a discount :carling:

and IW is no more the 2 main devs now work for EA and Sledgehammer Games WTF Is that i dint heard its name ever! but Dice just compare the devs with devs see whos better
07-07-2011, 11:36 AM #24
alan-123
Little One
Damn ya'll see

bf3 = fail

Trust me.
07-07-2011, 02:55 PM #25
xinfectedsoulx
Daddy's home.
As long as Battlefield isn't going to be full of all the kids shouting "Got a 720 ladder wallbang headshot claymore barrel explosion across the map no scope" and other people that try to constantly snipe because they they they are 1337 at it on CoD, failing to realise BF is a lot harder, I don't care how many FPS it has. It doesn't bother me if it's 30 or 60. CoD is full of the gimps that think they are epic and want "1v1 noscope" matches. Battlefield is full of the more hardcore gamers. IMO, CoD had changed gaming, for the worst.
07-08-2011, 02:17 AM #26
Sad Awesome Well this is intense
07-09-2011, 12:59 AM #27
ez2animate
Space Ninja
Originally posted by Tree View Post
The human eye can only see 30. 60 is smooth for fast gameplay

Wrong sir. You must login or register to view this content.
And if this was true, then why can I tell the difference between 60 fps and 45 fps?

The following user groaned ez2animate for this awful post:

Tree
07-16-2011, 06:59 AM #28
familyyguy
Do a barrel roll!
I find it funny that players criticize MW3, even though it's not out and they've never played it. And they worship Battle Field 3, even though they haven't played that either.

Bottom line, fallow you're own sh*t. Don't suck up to Battle Field 3 just because you're friends do...

---------- Post added at 02:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 AM ----------

Originally posted by xinfectedsoulx View Post
As long as Battlefield isn't going to be full of all the kids shouting "Got a 720 ladder wallbang headshot claymore barrel explosion across the map no scope"

As nerdy as it sounds, you have to admit that would be sick. lol.

The following user thanked familyyguy for this useful post:

warman_94

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo