07-05-2011, 05:47 PM #1
The Open Minded
☮✌Peace Maker✌☮
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); PSN Store Being Re-Designed
Source: You must login or register to view this content. // By: The Open Minded // Tuesday, July 5th, 2011

Many people prefer Xbox over PS3 simply because it is layed out better and is more pleasing to the eye. In an attempt to counteract this, Sony seems to be in the testing stages of a new layout for their PSN Store.

You must login or register to view this content. reports to have received information from several testers that Sony is quietly testing the layout. Why it is being kept so under wraps is yet to be known.

However, what is known, is that the PSN store will be moving further from its current, text based, visual interface and will be steering towards an image based one. This is said to be much like the current look and style of the Xbox interface. One of the testers commented:

Originally posted by another user
[The new layout is] "an aesthetic layout with logically marked sections and rolodex lists".

This is good news for us, because currently the layout and features seem clunky to say the least.

The movie section is said to be changing to a style and layout similar to the You must login or register to view this content., which will display movie info, actors, and other important information.

Other new features will include live search, which will give results as you type, and a new "Deals of the Week" section which will outline all the best steals and deals. It is also said that the current blue background is out the window, being replaced by a black background filled with many bright eye catching colors.

It is expected this layout will go live towards the end of this year, or possibly be featured with the release of the PS4.

So what do you think? Will you be happy to see the re-designed PlayStation Store? Is the visual interface important to you?

Credit to Reptiletric and his thread here: You must login or register to view this content.
If you thank me then please send a thanks his way, as his thread is where I got my source.
Last edited by CLM ; 07-05-2011 at 07:57 PM.

The following 12 users say thank you to The Open Minded for this useful post:

Alex, Bush., Killa, LEzStarz, Pimp, Sakata, StoryHorse, SuperGamecube64, TEXAS24_ReStEr, KFC, xShadow
08-22-2011, 09:18 PM #164
I hope it turns out good and appealing because this current psn store doesn't get to me.
08-23-2011, 01:06 AM #165
chead
Haxor!
i hope the security of psn is re designed
08-23-2011, 01:23 AM #166
xRystar
Bounty hunter
I never had any problems with the PSN store's design... I had an easy enough time navigating throughout the store. Here's to hoping they don't make it worse..
08-29-2011, 12:39 AM #167
goodthing it is.. HaTE teh design of it noe.
08-29-2011, 12:49 AM #168
This wont effect me, because I never use the PSN Store.
08-29-2011, 06:14 AM #169
The Psn store needs a revamp, at the moment it is completely illogical.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo