07-05-2011, 05:47 PM #1
The Open Minded
☮✌Peace Maker✌☮
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); PSN Store Being Re-Designed
Source: You must login or register to view this content. // By: The Open Minded // Tuesday, July 5th, 2011

Many people prefer Xbox over PS3 simply because it is layed out better and is more pleasing to the eye. In an attempt to counteract this, Sony seems to be in the testing stages of a new layout for their PSN Store.

You must login or register to view this content. reports to have received information from several testers that Sony is quietly testing the layout. Why it is being kept so under wraps is yet to be known.

However, what is known, is that the PSN store will be moving further from its current, text based, visual interface and will be steering towards an image based one. This is said to be much like the current look and style of the Xbox interface. One of the testers commented:

Originally posted by another user
[The new layout is] "an aesthetic layout with logically marked sections and rolodex lists".

This is good news for us, because currently the layout and features seem clunky to say the least.

The movie section is said to be changing to a style and layout similar to the You must login or register to view this content., which will display movie info, actors, and other important information.

Other new features will include live search, which will give results as you type, and a new "Deals of the Week" section which will outline all the best steals and deals. It is also said that the current blue background is out the window, being replaced by a black background filled with many bright eye catching colors.

It is expected this layout will go live towards the end of this year, or possibly be featured with the release of the PS4.

So what do you think? Will you be happy to see the re-designed PlayStation Store? Is the visual interface important to you?

Credit to Reptiletric and his thread here: You must login or register to view this content.
If you thank me then please send a thanks his way, as his thread is where I got my source.
Last edited by CLM ; 07-05-2011 at 07:57 PM.

The following 12 users say thank you to The Open Minded for this useful post:

Alex, Bush., Killa, LEzStarz, Pimp, Sakata, StoryHorse, SuperGamecube64, TEXAS24_ReStEr, KFC, xShadow
07-05-2011, 05:47 PM #2
iNaz
Vault dweller
I hope it looks good.
07-05-2011, 06:45 PM #3
chrisdogg
EDM BO$$
The visual interface is crucial to me as I like to see a nice clean layout that actually makes me want to go onto my PS3, and that is currently what the system is lacking. I am eager to see the upcoming layout.

Thanks for the news.
07-05-2011, 06:49 PM #4
Assassin
Easter Egg!
cool, looking forward to see what they do with it
07-05-2011, 06:56 PM #5
.RAMBO
Banned
They should work on a new layout for the XMB. It looks boring and old.

The following user thanked .RAMBO for this useful post:

oO_NeoN
07-05-2011, 06:58 PM #6
sounds great i'm sick of the current one. I need a change.
07-05-2011, 07:06 PM #7
Farva
< ^ > < ^ >
when is it coming out?
07-05-2011, 07:24 PM #8
-Skyline
Anonymous
Sweet, I hope it's more fluid than the current Store design.
07-05-2011, 07:32 PM #9
Man of Steel
It lives, my 360 is back
"Many people prefer Xbox over PS3 simply because it is layed out better and it is more pleasing to the eye. In an attempt to counteract this, Sony seems to be in the testing stages of a new layout for their PSN Store."

What total BS. I hate the Xbox store. You can't go to anything without it trying to sell you the game. Want a picture, a theme, a piece of DLC, just casually browsing what a game has to offer, makes no difference, it lists the game. It's too big, it's clunky, I wish it were more like the PS Store. I'm not looking forward to this change if doing something 360ish is in mind.

The following user thanked Man of Steel for this useful post:

L☺L
07-06-2011, 11:12 AM #10
Definitely looking forward too seeing the new design!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo