09-25-2011, 02:00 AM #1
Curt
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Sony Comes Out With 'Revolutionary' 3D Headset
Source: You must login or register to view this content. & You must login or register to view this content. // By: Curt // 25/09/2011

Usually to Sony's disadvantage when they announce they're bringing out something new on the lines of a headset theirs nothing special...but with the new accessorys, they would beg to differ. Sony announced that they are coming out with a 3D headset, which, they think, would be a "gigantic game-changer".

Sony said in their official statement

Originally posted by another user
"Packed with groundbreaking technology and fitting easily around your eyes and ears, the Personal 3D Viewer is set to revolutionize the way you experience games and movies forever.

The great thing about this new headset is that it's not going to be much of a kerfuffle as you only need to to plug it in using a HDMI cable and you'll be able to play your 3D games and watch movies as quickly as that. Also, to the advantage of the new headset, the controls are built-in the headset making it that much easier to adjust the volume and settings to your own accord.

As of now the device named the HMZ-T1 Personal 3D Viewer is only confirmed for Japan release on the 11th of November, this year. It will be priced at around 60,000 JPY(Japanese yen) which comes to around £481, converted to US dollars would be $740. But why? why would anyone be wanting pay so much for this....well, Some of the device features are known as a dual 1280x720 0.7-inch OLED panels mounted in front of each of your eyes (apparently offering an experience similar to viewing a 750-inch screen from 20meters away), as well as 5.1 surround sound from integrated headphones.

An unofficial picture of the new headset itself is as shown below.

You must login or register to view this content.

As to whether they'll release this in other regions, we've yet to find out.

[/CENTER]
Last edited by Curt ; 09-25-2011 at 02:02 AM.
09-25-2011, 02:06 AM #2
Alex
Balls of Steel
They'd be crazy to think people would buy this @ $740 Eek
Affordability...

The following 2 users say thank you to Alex for this useful post:

Goldberg, Meeky
09-25-2011, 02:07 AM #3
Damn thats crazy, i would buy that if i had the cash
09-25-2011, 02:09 AM #4
wowaka
Former Staff
PS3 in knapsack and where this bad boy to school.

The following 3 users say thank you to wowaka for this useful post:

crazyface, dela_tiges12, George
09-25-2011, 02:25 AM #5
Dam technology these days, I like the technology that was here 10 years ago
09-25-2011, 03:17 AM #6
Wow. We can finally put on a headset and play our videogames. My grandma never said it would be possible, you we're wrong grandma. YOU WERE WRONG!

The following 2 users say thank you to partypoker15 for this useful post:

FrOzTi, NormL
09-25-2011, 03:18 AM #7
xShadow
Pr0n ftw
inb4 ppl go blind from this

The following 5 users say thank you to xShadow for this useful post:

aiman119, Alex, B Loner, FrOzTi, Leftwinger
09-25-2011, 03:19 AM #8
Tustin
Balls of Steel
meh, ill torrent it.

The following 2 users say thank you to Tustin for this useful post:

CBot, SAMCRO
09-25-2011, 03:31 AM #9
TheBryant
Space Ninja
Holy shit...DAT TECH! DAT PRICE! GOT DAMN! O___O

Kinda sucks that Japan is basically the lab rat for this product. I'm guessing this is a way to replace TVs or at least a way to have two TVs with out having both TVs take up the space. Risky innovation. I CANNOT see TV dieing. Ever. This would be great tech if it was a portable TV set in a headset.
Last edited by TheBryant ; 09-25-2011 at 03:44 AM.
09-25-2011, 03:40 AM #10
Febreze
Keepin' it FRESH
Sounds pretty cool, but I'd be paranoid not being aware of what's happening around me or if my brother is putting a cardboard box on top of me.

The following 5 users say thank you to Febreze for this useful post:

adammmmm, Encopresis, lewism2010, xHeAVeN, Yanni

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo