12-20-2011, 02:16 PM #1
Wondoh
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

SteamHoliday deals
Source: You must login or register to view this content.// By: Wondoh // 20th December 2011

This year, like previous years, steam is having a sale on its games, and this year its HUGE!!

There is discounts of up to 75% on individual games. Each game publisher and developer have their own group sales which gives discounts on most of the games available by the developer on steam. As well as buying single games, you can also buy game bundles to gain an even bigger saving, a massive 91% off some bundles and varies other bundles containing at least 10 games each at around 70-80% off. Now that is massive savings.

As well as there being deals on, there is also a Christmas competition which I will come to later.

First lets look at some of the discounts available by different developers. With each developer group, there is either discount on every game in the group or most of the games (available through till Jan 1st 2012) :

Valve - Up to 50%
CodeMasters - 25%-50%
THQ - 25%-50%
Paradox Games - Up to 60%
Activision - Up to 25%
RockStar Games - 25%-50%
Square - Up to 33%
EA - Up to 50%
Lucas Arts - up to 40%
2K - 50%
Sega - 25%-50%
Warner Bro's - 33%
Bethesda - 25%-50%
Ubisoft - 33%

Other developers include: Team17, Atari, epic games, Capcom, Konami and many more.

If you want an even bigger saving then you should look at the bundles available which have heavily decreased prices. (available through till Jan 2nd 2012)
These packs range from....

CodeMaster complete pack - 21 games - 81% off
Mega Indie Bundle - 10 games - 79% off
Star Wars Collection - 13 games - 57% off
Bethesda - 18 games - 75% off
Paraddox - 101 games - 91% off
2K Games - 18 games - 88% off
RockStar- 11 games - 62% off
Valve - 24 games - 81% off
Ubisoft - 15 games - 76% off

Plus many more available.

Now onto the competitions.

Steam is giving away free games to people who play other games. These free games are earned by completing a series of in-game objectives which are announced everyday until January 1. However you must have these games to be able to complete the objectives, I'm un-sure if most of these games are free or you have to pay for them.
You will either be given a free gift from the gift pile, or a lump of coal for competing the challenges, leaving you with 3 options.

Option 1: Great Gift Pile

Get a free gift from the Great Gift Pile. Which can include full games and coupons. Doing this will allow you to quickly get free games and coupons, but it will make you miss out on the main competition which is option 3.

Option 2: Gain 7 Lumps Of Coal

After you have complete an objective you may gain your reward in the state of a lump of coal. After you have collected 7 lumps you can trade them in for an actual gift (gifts unknown to me at this stage).

Option 3: Keep all of your coal

Instead of trading in 7 lumps for a gift. You can save up all your lumps of coal and be entered into the Steam sweepstakes. Each lump is an entry into the massive Jan 2nd 2012 giveaway.

The first winner of the competition will win every single game on steam, thats right, EVERY SINGLE GAME. Imagine winning that amount of games, you would never find time to play them all, but it would still be an amazing thing to have.
As for runners up the prizes are still very generous, and if you have a decent wishlist, you will get what you want Smile
And if you still aren't in the top 151 winners, the next 1000 people will win the Valve complete pack.

Now this is an amazing time to be a Steam member, if you're looking for some very nice savings on individual games and bundles or you are looking to win the big competition or many of the other prizes and gifts, either way you will no doubt of fun doing it.

I personally don't use steam, but i Know a lot of members on here do.

How many of you will most likely buy some of the games available, and who will start collecting coal ready for Jan 2nd 2012 :y:

Thank you for reading.

Useful links -

Last edited by Wondoh ; 12-20-2011 at 02:40 PM.

The following 5 users say thank you to Wondoh for this useful post:

Budz, Modus, Reaper, Sicarius, wardy
12-20-2011, 02:20 PM #2
Extrazior
u mirin'
Damn, steam have got some good offers :happycry:
12-20-2011, 02:51 PM #3
Man I want first prize! Imagine ALL steam games :happycry:
12-20-2011, 03:38 PM #4
Wondoh
Former Staff
Originally posted by SS94 View Post
Man I want first prize! Imagine ALL steam games :happycry:

would be good except you would need an immense computer to be able to store them, and also got internet to download them :p
12-20-2011, 04:51 PM #5
Kerser
Do a barrel roll!
Is it me or has steam always been such a good deal place? Like i got counterstrike source for 5$ once.
12-20-2011, 06:43 PM #6
how can they afford to give EVERY SINGLE GAME away for free?
12-20-2011, 06:48 PM #7
i love when games are on sale
12-20-2011, 07:26 PM #8
I remember what blackops was 50 percent off, I should of bought it then :(
12-22-2011, 12:32 PM #9
punkybear2102
Level 2 trustworthy
OMG, i so badly want to win this...
12-23-2011, 09:05 PM #10
Hoang
Banned
ALL games on steam... heck... that would be like 20 terabytes??

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo