Post: Battlefield 3: Armoured Kill - Dev On Tank Destroyers & Mobile Artillery
07-27-2012, 12:15 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Armoured Kill is the next expansion pack in line to release for Battlefield 3, and it is sure to please those who want new vehicles. DICE Lead Designer Niklas Fegraeus has shared details about the new tank destroyer and mobile artillery classes.

He explained that the tank destroyer will house much more firepower than the Main Battle Tank. It will also have better mobility, at the expense of less armour. The mobile artillery, on the other hand, has considerably lower mobility and armour, however has the ability to engage targets over long distances. In order to launch its missiles, the mobile artillery must be stationary. This presents the problem of being highly exposed when attempting to rain-down missiles, however with the right placement out from the action, the mobile artillery will be a lethal weapon.

You must login or register to view this content.

That's not all; Armoured Kill will add various upgrades for the vehicles you already know and love. That's right, the current vehicles will be getting unlockable upgrades.

Fegraeus also commented on the largest map in the Battlefield franchise, Bandar Desert, which is included in Armoured Kill. Set not too far from a luxurious city under-construction on the coast of a body of water. He You must login or register to view this content. that from the artillery base, the player will have a clear view of the city.

In case you missed it, check out the Armoured Kill Gameplay Trailer:

Armoured Kill will release in September for Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. Battlefield Premium members can expect early access.

Last edited by Storm ; 07-27-2012 at 01:03 PM.

The following 3 users say thank you to Storm for this useful post:

BigBlackClocks, Inferno_Ace, Rath
07-27-2012, 04:50 PM #2
BigBlackClocks
Who’s Jim Erased?
Originally posted by Storm View Post
Armoured Kill is the next expansion pack in line to release for Battlefield 3, and it is sure to please those who want new vehicles. DICE Lead Designer Niklas Fegraeus has shared details about the new tank destroyer and mobile artillery classes.

He explained that the tank destroyer will house much more firepower than the Main Battle Tank. It will also have better mobility, at the expense of less armour. The mobile artillery, on the other hand, has considerably lower mobility and armour, however has the ability to engage targets over long distances. In order to launch its missiles, the mobile artillery must be stationary. This presents the problem of being highly exposed when attempting to rain-down missiles, however with the right placement out from the action, the mobile artillery will be a lethal weapon.

That's not all; Armoured Kill will add various upgrades for the vehicles you already know and love. That's right, the current vehicles will be getting unlockable upgrades.

Fegraeus also commented on the largest map in the Battlefield franchise, Bandar Desert, which is included in Armoured Kill. Set not too far from a luxurious city under-construction on the coast of a body of water. He You must login or register to view this content. that from the artillery base, the player will have a clear view of the city.

In case you missed it, check out the Armoured Kill Gameplay Trailer:

Armoured Kill will release in September for Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. Battlefield Premium members can expect early access.

I cant see a map bigger then el alamien. We will se though.
08-01-2012, 02:24 AM #3
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Oh my god... I'm speechless literally. That was probably the most amazing and sickest preview I've ever seen Happy

I seriously cannot wait for Armored Kill to come out, it's going to be ah-fucking-mazing.
08-01-2012, 03:12 AM #4
This looks amazing. I hated close quarters to be honest but this just looks AMAZINGGG
08-01-2012, 04:57 AM #5
Originally posted by Storm View Post
Just quoting you

This looks absolutely amazing. I can't wait for this. I believe that Close Quarters was EA and DICE saying to Activision "Look, we can beat you at your own game." but this is what Battlefield is all about. All. Out. War.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo