12-09-2012, 08:19 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Recently, Valve released "Big Picture" allowing you to access Steam straight from your living room. This became a huge success, and now the next step is to bring this into Steam Linux. This would be the operating system for their console.

You must login or register to view this content.

Co-founder of Valve, Gabe Newell has said that their main objective is to make PC's work better in living rooms. PC packages are expected to be selling some time next year. Newell also mentioned more about the PC, "
Well certainly our hardware will be a very controlled environment,” he said. “If you want more flexibility, you can always buy a more general purpose PC. For people who want a more turnkey solution, that’s what some people are really gonna want for their living room."

With the Xbox 8 and PS4 coming out as the next-gen consoles, they will have a new competition with Valve now as well.

Do you guys think this a good move by Valve? Are you interested in buying this?

12-10-2012, 12:08 AM #2
ThatAznDude
Do a barrel roll!
Pretty cool
12-10-2012, 01:21 AM #3
is the "xbox 8" thing spose to be there ?
12-10-2012, 01:40 AM #4
hibye3
Hurah!
Well good-bye nintendo in Next-gen console sales because he comes valve!
12-10-2012, 05:22 AM #5
Toke
PC Master Race
yes i have known about this for months actually. since the slim alienware x51 came out. idk how it will work becuase you cant put a big gfx card in one unless its a cube and not a htpc design. maybe it will just play dumbed down pc games Sad Awesome idk if its cheap >300$ i might i pick one up, nintendo wont die they will adapt they own the handheld market but people complain because no one really buys them until the holiday season until u get a 3DS for 100$
12-10-2012, 05:28 AM #6
DeAd_bLiTz
You talkin to me?
Originally posted by Karma
is the "xbox 8" thing spose to be there ?

That's the new rumored name for it, maybe ever "Xbox infinity" It was said to do something with windows 8. I don't know, it sounds silly in my opinion.
12-10-2012, 10:45 AM #7
SuperGamecube64
ナンバー1任天堂ファン
Originally posted by hibye3 View Post
Well good-bye nintendo in Next-gen console sales because he comes valve!

No...just no...
12-10-2012, 01:49 PM #8
i am totally buying this i cannot wait for a pc consle
12-10-2012, 08:39 PM #9
hibye3
Hurah!
Originally posted by DeathMagnetik View Post
No...just no...

Okay sorry my bad I thought I was in the moment!
12-10-2012, 09:36 PM #10
Diego_Lazov
Bounty hunter
Wow......that's a good news huh

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo