Post: News/Request: New GT5 tools being created to mod/hybrid cars
02-13-2013, 11:11 PM #1
PounDJo0DoGz0r
Level 1 Trustworthy
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Check on GTPlanet, check on youtube
You can mod your GT5 save file to change the horsepower on the cars. I am dying to figure this out. Apparently it's done through hex with the GT5.0 file from your save (perhaps it has to be decrypted first) . I am going to begin experimenting now. If anyone gets on to something please share! And I will share any progress I make as well.
02-13-2013, 11:49 PM #2
will edit if progress is made.
Last edited by maikeyb123 ; 02-14-2013 at 06:02 PM.

The following 2 users say thank you to maikeyb123 for this useful post:

NGU GHOST, PounDJo0DoGz0r
02-14-2013, 04:28 PM #3
-Skyline
Anonymous
I'm trying to have a look into this too, I've decrypted the GT5.0 file and had a look around with HxD and I can definitely see certain values but whether or not those are the actual values which can modify the vehicle in-game I don't know but I'm still testing at the moment...
02-14-2013, 04:33 PM #4
Originally posted by Skyline View Post
I'm trying to have a look into this too, I've decrypted the GT5.0 file and had a look around with HxD and I can definitely see certain values but whether or not those are the actual values which can modify the vehicle in-game I don't know but I'm still testing at the moment...

I'm at the same stage, have tried before but the hp etc only shows up in the garage and doesn't effect the cars. Let me know if you've found anything else, I'll do the same. Thanks

The following user thanked Shanger for this useful post:

PounDJo0DoGz0r
02-14-2013, 08:39 PM #5
-Skyline
Anonymous
Originally posted by Shanger View Post
I'm at the same stage, have tried before but the hp etc only shows up in the garage and doesn't effect the cars. Let me know if you've found anything else, I'll do the same. Thanks

Could you send me screeny of the HP value byte(s) in your Hex Editor?

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

Well my head hurts now, I've done a comparison between 2 GT-R's, a freshly purchased Black Edition and my own personal Black Edition:

Standard 2012 GT-R Black Edition
You must login or register to view this content.

My own 2012 GT-R Black Edition

As you can see there is only a very small difference in bytes between a fresh Black Edition and my own tuned Black Edition.

On the fresh GT-R the 4 bytes different are "00 00 00 AA" where-as my own GT-R those 4 bytes read "91 1A 83 6B" which indicates that in those 4 bytes must hold the modified vehicle information, seeing as the fresh GT-R has no upgrades it shows as "00 00 00 AA" or 'bare'.

I'm going to do a bit more investigating tomorrow before work but that's as far as I can narrow it down right now, hopefully that'll be of help to someone as well.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Link for You must login or register to view this content.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DOUBLE-EDIT:

Something else I just noticed:

There is always a % symbol after what I believe to be each vehicles modified information, but don't quote me on that, just a theory.
Last edited by -Skyline ; 02-14-2013 at 09:00 PM.

The following user thanked -Skyline for this useful post:

Wattsy
02-14-2013, 08:57 PM #6
Alt
Banned
I'd love to test this stuff out as I'm mad for GT5 but my PS3 doesn't work :(

Good luck though guys!
02-14-2013, 09:37 PM #7
-Skyline
Anonymous
Just to clarify with myself the byte differences between a fresh vehicle and a modified vehicle, I did the same test again but with a fresh Viper ACR and my own Viper ACR:

Standard Dodge Viper ACR '08

My own Dodge Viper ACR '08

Similar thing again, the fresh Viper ACR shows clear bytes compared to my personal Viper ACR, although I'm not sure what the "86" relates to on the fresh Viper... maybe the paint I chose when I purchased it? I also noticed 2 other bytes that were different between a fresh and a modified Viper, but those could mean anything.

I'm off to actually play GT5 now lol but I'll see if I can do some more digging around later.

PounDJo0DoGz0r
02-14-2013, 10:27 PM #8
JordanCarr
Glasgow Rangers FC
Hmm you could be onto something there, I'm going to look back into it after work tomorrow, needless to say the mod tool from transformers is "supposed" to be released tomorrow, but then which site would it be if he got banned from GTPlanet

PS if anyone has the modded GTR going around could they send me it so I can look into the value changes from a fully modified GTR
Last edited by JordanCarr ; 02-14-2013 at 10:30 PM.
02-14-2013, 11:06 PM #9
NGU GHOST
The One And Only
my m8 has it i'll try to get it from him
02-14-2013, 11:18 PM #10
-Skyline
Anonymous
Originally posted by JordanCarr View Post
Hmm you could be onto something there, I'm going to look back into it after work tomorrow, needless to say the mod tool from transformers is "supposed" to be released tomorrow, but then which site would it be if he got banned from GTPlanet

PS if anyone has the modded GTR going around could they send me it so I can look into the value changes from a fully modified GTR

Source?

Yea I'm gonna keep any eye out to see if there is any saves floating around of the modded Civic so I could compare the decrypted GT5.0 with a legit Civic and see what noticeable byte differences there are...

In the mean time I'm still working on analysing the GT5.0 file for bhp values and so on...

PounDJo0DoGz0r

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo