03-30-2013, 03:18 PM #1
SnoopDenver
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This is a tutorial how to add and modify a Driver-Controlled Center Differential into any car.

Change the cars Drivetrain to one with an installed Center Differential. This Example is for adding one to a Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car '98. Which has a default Drivetrain of 06 9D, and is replaced with 0C 85 (the Drivetrain from a Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI '10 that has a Center differential)

You must login or register to view this content.

Once you have replaced the Drivetrain you can adjust the FRONT torque split to any value between 00 and 64. With 64 of course being the hex value for 100.

The game will automatically fill in the REAR torque split based upon what you put in the front.

e.g. If you place 00 in the front the rear will be 100.
e.g. If you place 64 in the front the rear will be 0.
e.g. If you place 32 in the front you will get a 50/50 split.

Edit: As with any mod to your save when loaded go to GT Auto and do a Car Wash, or Oil Change, or Load a practice session and start a lap. Anything to make the game save before you look at the changes made to your car in the garage.
Also Note that once the center differential is visible in the garage under Drivetrain. Do NOT open it as it will automatically switch your differential to the default settings. Just use the Settings Sheet to view your Center Differential Split.

Below is the before and after setting sheet of the Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car '98. One without a Center Differential, and one with a Center Differential installed.

Before

After
Last edited by SnoopDenver ; 03-30-2013 at 04:06 PM.

The following user thanked SnoopDenver for this useful post:

ImOnDatPurple
03-30-2013, 03:49 PM #2
Cheers snoop I'll try and 4wd a kart later Smile
03-30-2013, 09:52 PM #3
Love threads with PORs.. any more??
03-31-2013, 03:10 AM #4
Z.Supra
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by SnoopDenver View Post
This is a tutorial how to add and modify a Driver-Controlled Center Differential into any car.

Change the cars Drivetrain to one with an installed Center Differential. This Example is for adding one to a Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car '98. Which has a default Drivetrain of 06 9D, and is replaced with 0C 85 (the Drivetrain from a Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI '10 that has a Center differential)

Once you have replaced the Drivetrain you can adjust the FRONT torque split to any value between 00 and 64. With 64 of course being the hex value for 100.

The game will automatically fill in the REAR torque split based upon what you put in the front.

e.g. If you place 00 in the front the rear will be 100.
e.g. If you place 64 in the front the rear will be 0.
e.g. If you place 32 in the front you will get a 50/50 split.

Edit: As with any mod to your save when loaded go to GT Auto and do a Car Wash, or Oil Change, or Load a practice session and start a lap. Anything to make the game save before you look at the changes made to your car in the garage.
Also Note that once the center differential is visible in the garage under Drivetrain. Do NOT open it as it will automatically switch your differential to the default settings. Just use the Settings Sheet to view your Center Differential Split.

Below is the before and after setting sheet of the Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car '98. One without a Center Differential, and one with a Center Differential installed.

Before

After

the black box you squared is trans, with 4wd property and maybe the torque split
but the blue is LSD (stock /racing) or the AYC if that is the GSR version of Lancer Evo. (the RS one only with the LSD while manufactured)
not the simple as " trains"

in this picture you can see I linked the Red box with 3 red boxes....

I forgot to box the torque split out :dumb:
Last edited by Z.Supra ; 03-31-2013 at 03:13 AM.
03-31-2013, 05:16 AM #5
SnoopDenver
Do a barrel roll!
According to You must login or register to view this content. the third set after 04 A6 is the drivetrain. Which is the one in the black box. And the 4th set after 04 A6 is supposed to be the gearbox/transmission. But you can call it an ice cream machine the third set after 04 A6 in that example is what needs to be changed to obtain an Driver Controlled Center Differential.
04-01-2013, 10:22 AM #6
Z.Supra
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by SnoopDenver View Post
According to You must login or register to view this content. the third set after 04 A6 is the drivetrain. Which is the one in the black box. And the 4th set after 04 A6 is supposed to be the gearbox/transmission. But you can call it an ice cream machine the third set after 04 A6 in that example is what needs to be changed to obtain an Driver Controlled Center Differential.

sorry, by the byte different to our saves, I count it wrong :dumb:
and I think you mean the trans = drive train...
sorry for my fking bad English.

torque split is embedded in drive train code, and AYC was the LSD code.
04-01-2013, 03:43 PM #7
On an unrelated note, if you ditch your LSD for an AYC, the AYC seems to take the setting of your LSD acceleration sensitivity as its strength value.
04-02-2013, 09:56 AM #8
This is brilliant TUT. Everyday i learn where different parts and settings are in hex. Thanks snoop and supra for the help. I made the subaru ra 05 rwd successfully. Just for note to anyone who tries to make a driver controlled centre diff 4wd car - Rwd car - the driver controller centre diff won't show up in settings sheet if you change the 4wd car drivetrain to a rwd drivetrain and then change the front torque split to 00 in hex. So you don't need to see a 0 - 100 in the settings sheet to know it worked. Just don't enter the centre diff in drivetrain or it will revert to the default as said above.

I have a question about Downforce. I know where the Aero wing parts are in my hex E910 - E920, But snoop, could you please put a reference to downforce tuning menu front and rear or tell us the line where it is.
Last edited by Sp33dfr3ak ; 04-02-2013 at 10:03 AM.
04-02-2013, 10:25 AM #9
Z.Supra
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Sp33dfr3ak View Post
This is brilliant TUT. Everyday i learn where different parts and settings are in hex. Thanks snoop and supra for the help. I made the subaru ra 05 rwd successfully. Just for note to anyone who tries to make a driver controlled centre diff 4wd car - Rwd car - the driver controller centre diff won't show up in settings sheet if you change the 4wd car drivetrain to a rwd drivetrain and then change the front torque split to 00 in hex. So you don't need to see a 0 - 100 in the settings sheet to know it worked. Just don't enter the centre diff in drivetrain or it will revert to the default as said above.

I have a question about Downforce. I know where the Aero wing parts are in my hex E910 - E920, But snoop, could you please put a reference to downforce tuning menu front and rear or tell us the line where it is.

check it your self.
just right of his red box.
28 41 is 40/65
find the ride heights 55 55, one row above it and it is the right side after the torque and 0606 in his graph.

in my graph, that is under the long green shape and left side of the dark blue box,,.

By the way.... Why don't you just try it your self?
changing the down force and compare the save is not really difficult?
04-02-2013, 11:12 AM #10
For people who have the SAVEDATA BCES00569-GAME like me.
This should make it much easier for you to find where everything is.
See example photo below and view Key Legend for references.

KEY LEGEND

Example Car: FTO GPR Version R '99 with FTO Super Touring car chassis, drivetrain, gearbox, LSD.

E820 Line 00 F6 48 A4 = Paint
E830 Line FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF = Enable all tyre compounds
E880-E890 Line 0A 0A = Racing-Super-Soft
E8A0 Line 06 7F = Chassis
E8A0 Line 06 67 = Engine
E8A0 Line 07 2A = Drivetrain
E8A0 Line 0E CF = Gearbox
E8B0 Line 0F 80 = Suspension
E8B0 Line 10 FA = Front and Rear Limited Slip Differential
E940 Line 00 = Centre Differential
E950 Line 10 10 = Ride Height
E970 Line 28 = BHP Multiplier
E970 Line 06 = BHP Multiplier
E970 Line 64 = Weight Multiplier (Lower or Raise Number to Reduce or Add weight)
E980 Line 78 = Grip Multiplier
Last edited by Sp33dfr3ak ; 04-02-2013 at 11:23 AM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo