04-01-2013, 09:35 PM #1
Selky
< ^ > < ^ >
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Just want to ask a quick question about gt5:

Can you drift online like Forza 4 with other people and can you customised your car? - (in other words is there a online drift mode in gt5?)

Sorry for asking these questions as I know nothing about gt5 and thinking of purchasing it

Please quote me so I can see your reply faster!!!
04-01-2013, 09:42 PM #2
I drift with my friends all the time and it is awesome... but there is no scoring system for online drifting and the scoring actually sucks if u look at funny videos of cars dancing that's how you get super points in the single player.

What I am getting at is it's great to just drift around a track with friends but if you are looking for a competition graded by PD you won't be happy lol
04-01-2013, 09:45 PM #3
Selky
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by BrianBlaze View Post
I drift with my friends all the time and it is awesome... but there is no scoring system for online drifting and the scoring actually sucks if u look at funny videos of cars dancing that's how you get super points in the single player.

What I am getting at is it's great to just drift around a track with friends but if you are looking for a competition graded by PD you won't be happy lol

Right so you can join random people to drift with but there is no scorebored for it?

Or can you only play with friends in a private match for drifting?
04-01-2013, 09:46 PM #4
No scoreboard unless single player and it's garbage,

Fun as hell playing without points though Smile
04-02-2013, 12:14 AM #5
tuxsavvy
Pokemon Trainer
The good:
- GT5 does have drift modes but as said before the scoring points system only kicks in when you're playing either single mode (whether it would be practise/arcade) or you play for drift trial which is a seasonal event and you won't be able to see others drifting and scoring points.
- GT5 has lobbies/lounge that you can hit up for drifting where there's no scoring points but you are free to do whatever style of drifting you like. There are lobbies/lounge that restrict to certain cars should there be some sort of agreement (or the room owner simply wants) to impose on. This could range from drivetrain/power output/weight/performance points/tyre (tire) restrictions or could be a combination of them.
- With GT5 you can also choose to spectate the other cars regardless if its a seasonal event or you are in a lobby/lounge where there's active players.
- GT5 also allows you to save your drift races so you can view at any time, virtually at any angle of the car when drifting. This is also probably handy for those who have devices like hdpvr to record race drifts and or drift teams who takes a photo of the cars drifting/stationary and uses them for whatever purpose.
- GT5 sense of customisation is available on both standard and premium cars, with the premium cars you do get to have a slightly wider range of choices compared to standard cars.

The bad:
- GT5's sense of race drifting is not based on points system, they are based on time attacks. In other words you will need to drift to gain speed but not for show. Of course you can always drift for show but you end up being slower and look more impressive on replays. You won't get any benefits for drifting slowly as opposed to someone else drifting way faster than you. The person who ends up drifting fastest gets the most prize whereas the slowest ones gets very small portion of the prize.
- GT5 doesn't allow you to send replays to your mates (friends) through either its own interface or PSN for that matter. Neither do they allow you to send pictures that were taken either by you or someone else through their interface. You can however export the picture to whom you like to show it off but they cannot insert that picture into their photos in GT5. This also limits one from being able to import random photos of any sort and to be used as GT5 avatar. You can also still export the replays and probably email for example the replays which your mates will need to import them (possibly) to view it.
- GT5 does not allow a wide variety of customisation on the exterior of the car. Without hacking on premium cars, you are restricted to only changing bonnet/hood, wheels/rims, bumpers (if any), side skirts (if any), spoilers and colour for both body and rims. You cannot remove the spoiler of the car, have no bumpers or even rims of the car without hacking. To make matters worse having no hood on the car via hacking may show no engine inside the engine compartment in certain cars. On standard cars you are mainly restricted to only being able to change the spoiler of the car, the rims (and the paint) as well as the body paint. This case mainly applies to domestic cars, in race cars you are even further restricted from doing certain parts of your car and hacking brings out different sort of answers depending on what you want to achieve. There's threads all over on this forum scattering through many pages telling the sorts of things you can and can't customise (in general sense)

The ugly:
- By default, visual and mechanical damage is set on. This is maybe good if you want to inject a sense of realism _and_ your friends are not lagging. There are people that think if your car bears drift damage, they may tend to think that you can't drift and that you are basically a noob. This gets significantly worse when lag kicks in because not everyone is guaranteed to have a constant stable connection. You could have lagged players hitting into you either by accident or on purpose and you'll basically be copping the repair bills yourself even if they smacked into you. I have heard on Forza you basically pay for damages for both you and your victim's car should you bear damage on their car which I would believe it would be more realistic. At this stage I have not closely examined if the damages during lobby/lounge drifts permeate through (i.e. you will need to pay for restoring body rigidity should you get into a crash) whenever you crash but it may not. There are ways around it like "ghost glitching" which works to an extent or if the host elects to turn off collisions where there's no chance you would crash into other drivers and vice versa.
- As said before, the drift races held in lobby/lounge are based on time attacks. This inevitably creates a huge loophole, one could for example bring out a race car with race tyres on and instead of drifting the player elects to race around the track to gain 1st position. I don't know if Forza faces the same issue but in GT5 one can limit/impose restriction on such races to prevent an unfair advantage. It may not be a perfect solution but its a way to weed out those who simply don't obey and those who want quality replays of drifting rather than seeing a very fast car racing around the circuit.
- If one was concerned about drift damages made by others or to be constantly be rammed off the track, it is possible to an extent to turn on either "ghost glitch" or disable collisions (only host can do that in lobby for disabling collisions). Though when the host starts a drift race in this case without disabling collisions, you will lose that ghost glitch ability when the race starts hence you end up being exposed. You can probably perform the ghost glitch again during the race however you will gain no advantage in doing so if the drift race was short.
- GT5 sense of customisation is very limited in terms of exterior. You cannot put decals on cars that does not have any, you cannot remove decals on a car if it does have it. You cannot fully slam or hellaflush the car without hacking (but even at that there are limitations in hacking). You cannot put bigger rims/tyres or put a different set of rims on a car that does not have it by default. With hacking, removing certain exterior parts of the car does not automatically guarantee it will work, for example removing the front bumper off a standard car would not work.
- In GT5 the use of paint is very limited, whenever you buy a car/sign in online/do certain seasonal races you get a paint chip. The paint chip is counted for every time you accrue one however when you use that paint chip on a car you want to paint you lose one copy of that paint chip. If it was your only copy of that paint chip you won't have any more of that paint chip in your items collection until you acquire another one. I don't know if Forza is the same but I personally believe that is a ludicrous way of restricting the usages of the paint.

(tl;dr) Hopefully I didn't bore you out with an almost complete and detailed information of what you requested lol
04-02-2013, 12:29 AM #6
rocacu
Banned
you can drift and customise ur car in GT5 but need practice cause in the first moment it sucks

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo