03-29-2014, 02:57 PM #1
playerzazz
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I was wondering, is it possible to change the name of the the driver that is displayed on the top right corner, just above the psn name?

I am using a resigned a save from a mate and made a lot of progress towards game completion but i would like to remove his name and make mine show up there. You know ....the name you enter the first time you boot up the game and do the practice run and are forced into buying the Vits and the Online aggreement.

My name didi use to show up in Stats, but as soon as i resigned the save, his name started showing up.

I did try the change name function under the start/options tab but it never works, even when you create a new account it says "you cannot change the name again as you have already exceeded the maximum number of changes" This must be a bug because this

I have looked at a decrypted save with hex editor but cannont find the text string anywhere that contains the name, so my thoughts were, it has to be somewhere else?? Any help ? Or is it just weirdly encrypted?

Can anyone help me figure this one out or point me into a specific direction.

Thank you guys.

Shiver
Last edited by playerzazz ; 03-29-2014 at 02:59 PM.
03-29-2014, 07:43 PM #2
It's possible within the game normally in the options. i forgot where exactly, but the game lets you change your offline driver name 3 times.

EDIT: Nvm lmao i didn't read the post completely my bad. I'm not sure how to help you then
03-29-2014, 09:52 PM #3
FarSideX
I’m too L33T
I thought I already answered this. It there more than one thread about this?

Send me the save and I will see if I can reset the count for you.
03-29-2014, 11:24 PM #4
playerzazz
Do a barrel roll!
Farsidex, thanks again for looking the link to my save is if you wanna have a go at it:

You must login or register to view this content.

Thanks again Senor

P.S: I reposted this here because this topic does not quite belong in your Hybrid thread...no need to pollute your thread with this nonsense...and who knows somebody else may have a clue about what's going on this my weird problem.

Just to recap, even when i create a new profile from gt6, i can never change the dam name....so it's an absolute mystery to me.
Last edited by playerzazz ; 03-29-2014 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Missing info
03-30-2014, 12:01 AM #5
Eat_Ur_Food
Vault dweller
Originally posted by playerzazz View Post
Farsidex, thanks again for looking the link to my save is if you wanna have a go at it:

Thanks again Senor

P.S: I reposted this here because this topic does not quite belong in your Hybrid thread...no need to pollute your thread with this nonsense...and who knows somebody else may have a clue about what's going on this my weird problem.

Just to recap, even when i create a new profile from gt6, i can never change the dam name....so it's an absolute mystery to me.

Sorry, but have you tried to delete the game data, NOT THE SAVE DATA, from the ps3?
03-30-2014, 01:51 AM #6
playerzazz
Do a barrel roll!
Thanks for this idea, i did whipe the data but no changes, so the hunt goes on!
But thank you for this
03-30-2014, 03:19 AM #7
FarSideX
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by playerzazz View Post

Thanks again Senor

OK that makes sense now.

I made a quick tool that lets you change the name. It also lets you do a little more than the game allows. You can have First and last Name and a completely different short name (the one in races) and a different name for player 1 and 2 in arcade mode. I just need to test it against different regions and add sanity checks. Post it tomorrow. If you are not on CFW let me know what names you want for all five.
03-30-2014, 04:37 AM #8
playerzazz
Do a barrel roll!
FarsideX, you Absolutely rule SIR!
I am on 4.46 DEX, so not a problem here.!
Thanks so much and looking forward to your tool!

Best regards!
03-30-2014, 04:44 AM #9
playerzazz
Do a barrel roll!
And by the way Farsidex , i've been having a great time with your GTSE Tool, i am using it to duplicate the dlc cars so that i can mess with them a little bit more whitout ruining the originals! Keep up the great GT6 stuff coming my friend, you are simply awesome!
Thank yo mucho
03-30-2014, 09:58 PM #10
playerzazz
Do a barrel roll!
Farsidex , sorry to bug you again, but in your attempt to do the name change are you accomplishing this through live memory editing or through looking at the save in Hex, i know this must sound absolutely noobish but i just wanna get pointers and hints as to where i should look.

Thank you again
Last edited by playerzazz ; 03-30-2014 at 10:00 PM. Reason: typo

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo