10-16-2014, 12:30 AM #1
Mcrsmokey
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I'm just wondering if any one knows how the banning process works. I have been banned 3 times now and my last account had like two hour play time in a private lobby. I'm just wondering if gt log your console id , and if this is the reason my accounts last a day or two. Or if its just people I know reporting me. I'm getting kind of frustrated with it now. So I'm am going to try make two accounts one with my save and one with a save off of here, and see how long each lasts with only going in private lobbys .
10-16-2014, 12:51 AM #2
Originally posted by Mcrsmokey View Post
I'm just wondering if any one knows how the banning process works. I have been banned 3 times now and my last account had like two hour play time in a private lobby. I'm just wondering if gt log your console id , and if this is the reason my accounts last a day or two. Or if its just people I know reporting me. I'm getting kind of frustrated with it now. So I'm am going to try make two accounts one with my save and one with a save off of here, and see how long each lasts with only going in private lobbys .

They keep track of what your ip is, and what account you make is from. Sometimes they even figure out the serial number on your ps3 and check what accounts you make. I have been banned lots in GT5 when creating new accounts now I bought a new ps3 I havent been banned ever since when I made a new account.
10-16-2014, 02:13 AM #3
FarSideX
I’m too L33T
It is believed you need to be reported to be banned. Sounds like someone in your private lobby keeps reporting you.

As for IP tracking and using your PS3 serial number, that is utter bullshit. IP tracking doesn't work as most people do not have a static IP and would result in tracking the wrong thing in most cases. Some countries have very few ISPs and IP tracking would quickly turn into tracking everyone that has internet in that country.
Reading the sticker over a network connection can not be done, PDI can not see you let alone the sticker on the back of your PS3.
Reading a consoleID or MAC address requires code in the game itself to do so, The only game company that allows that security risk so far has been Activision, but their business practices lack the morals most other companies seem to have.
I have not seen any code to get the consoleID from your PS3 inside GT6. Please note I have not looked for it in the last few updates but as I said as far as I know only Activision has done this so far.
10-16-2014, 02:21 AM #4
csgui
Do a barrel roll!
FarSidex, if i use a modded save only with "MY FRIENDS", can i get banned?
10-16-2014, 02:42 AM #5
Yea it is strange the way there banning. IMO its the crazy high horsepower cars that get you banned, i never maid one and iv'e never been banned from gt6. My mates on the other hand, lots of them have been banned (and they do make crazy high bhp cars).
10-16-2014, 04:38 AM #6
FarSideX
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by csgui View Post
FarSidex, if i use a modded save only with "MY FRIENDS", can i get banned?

CAN you get banned? Yes you can.
WILL you get banned? I don't know as I do not know your friends or how private the lobby you play in will be. ie: Can friends of friends join?

I have not played online for months. I did get one account banned that I only used alone in closed lobbies, I made the mistake of not closing the lobby once, one player joined, then left. The account got banned and was only seen by one person, chances are you will get banned.
10-16-2014, 04:53 AM #7
I was banned actually, permanently. Sucks man I just got the game.
10-16-2014, 05:14 AM #8
Originally posted by FarSideX View Post
It is believed you need to be reported to be banned. Sounds like someone in your private lobby keeps reporting you.

As for IP tracking and using your PS3 serial number, that is utter bullshit. IP tracking doesn't work as most people do not have a static IP and would result in tracking the wrong thing in most cases. Some countries have very few ISPs and IP tracking would quickly turn into tracking everyone that has internet in that country.
Reading the sticker over a network connection can not be done, PDI can not see you let alone the sticker on the back of your PS3.
Reading a consoleID or MAC address requires code in the game itself to do so, The only game company that allows that security risk so far has been Activision, but their business practices lack the morals most other companies seem to have.
I have not seen any code to get the consoleID from your PS3 inside GT6. Please note I have not looked for it in the last few updates but as I said as far as I know only Activision has done this so far.

I have a friend that can just find out your console id and ban it, so it is possible to keep track of ip's what you're saying is bullshit.
10-16-2014, 05:16 AM #9
Default Avatar
simba33
you will be banned plain and simple, been banned 20 or more times really don't care as i can have new account within minutes ,if your not ready to pay the price don't do the crime !

The following user thanked simba33 for this useful post:

Eat_Ur_Food
10-16-2014, 08:08 AM #10
Eat_Ur_Food
Vault dweller
Originally posted by Galaxeh
I have a friend that can just find out your console id and ban it, so it is possible to keep track of ip's what you're saying is bullshit.

LOL. How about your "friend" just find out next weeks lotto numbers and drop me a line with them attached? I read these posts for valid information, none of which can be found in what you said. You my friend are the one in need of toilet paper.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo