Post: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker release date revealed
12-06-2009, 09:39 PM #1
Oc
****ING NINJA SHIT
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
MGS: Peace Walker Release date revealed

Originally posted by another user
Another piece of the puzzling Metal Gear Solid series plotline is about to fall into place. Konami today announced that Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is set to launch in North America on May 25, 2010. It will ship three days later in the UK.

No matter where you go, there you are. And there, and there, and there.
A sequel to Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater and previous PSP entry Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, Peace Walker puts players in the role of Naked Snake/Big Boss once more and gives them a look at the earliest stages of his Outer Heaven mercenary group. Series creator Hideo Kojima and Konami are emphasizing Peace Walker as a "full-scale sequel" in the Metal Gear series and not a spin-off or side project.

One of the big new additions to Peace Walker is cooperative multiplayer action for up to four players. Gamers can pick from one of four Snakes, each with its own equipment and focus on stealth, combat, or a mix of the two.

Peace Walker also plays with the standard structure of past Metal Gear games. Players will be able to revisit previously completed missions, and Konami is borrowing a page from its recent Metroid-inspired Castlevania games to give them a reason to. Snake will earn new abilities as he progresses through the game, enabling him to reach secret areas from earlier levels on a repeat visit.

[WS]ZlNtoCiztgI[/WS]

Source: Gamespot

The following user thanked Oc for this useful post:

Gobz
12-06-2009, 10:52 PM #2
Dewzy916
i am broski916
Cool! Hope it has MGO.
12-07-2009, 12:22 AM #3
SnackGuy
Do a barrel roll!
nice cant wait... i missed the metal gear games i only played metal gear 4... i wish i played the ones before that one but o well...
12-07-2009, 11:44 AM #4
Como
Here's to Loonyology!
Yeh i read about this too. Should help fit a few missing piece's together, but i don't know if it's a buyer! We'll have to see what i hear from others about this, as to whether i buy it or not.
12-07-2009, 12:01 PM #5
I can't get enough of the MGS games, but there comes to a point where you think. Is this going to turn into Saw?

We've killed off our killer, we've exploited every possible way to dieeeeeeeeeeeee, but we're still making money so we've made another and hope you don't notice...... SAW 12 coming to a cinema near you soon.
12-08-2009, 08:14 PM #6
Darksun
Little One
Originally posted by SnackGuy View Post
nice cant wait... i missed the metal gear games i only played metal gear 4... i wish i played the ones before that one but o well...

You can download Metal Gear Solid that was originally on PlayStation from PSN. That's really the game that made the series what it is today. The first two were on NES and SNES respectively, Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. Metal Gear Solid was the third of the series, and on PS2 there was MGS2: Sons of Liberty and MGS3: Snake Eater. MGS3 wasn't really a sequel to any of the games, more so a prequel, which supposedly the next MGS game will be a sequel for. I really liked it because it put you in a combat/stealth game for a time period in between WWII and modern times, a definate cold-war era type video game. Really don't know many that are like that, or if any have been made to great success that are based in that time period.

Anyways, if you get a chance to download MGS from PSN, you should. It's a great way to see how the unfolding of events was set for the games on PS2 and 3, and in the game really explains well what happened in games prior. Imo, there wasn't really a bad game yet for either the Solid Snake or Naked Snake (Big Boss before he was Big Boss) series. Each one added something awesome to the series. MGS was groundbreaking, MGS2 was even more so, continueing a great storyline, MGS3 showed how it all began, and MGS4 pretty much shows how Solid Snake finished business once and for all...(or did he....)

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo