12-19-2009, 11:30 AM #1
Oc
****ING NINJA SHIT
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Final Fantasy XIII Tops 1 Million First-Day Sales

Finally, the long awaited Final Fantasy XIII released in japan, with 1 million Sales on the first day already!

You must login or register to view this content.

Originally posted by another user
If history has shown nothing else, it's that Japan loves Final Fantasy. So we expected the debut of its newest full sequel, Final Fantasy XIII, to make big waves in its homeland. Kotaku reports that in its first day alone, the game sold over one million copies. The number doesn't include the PlayStation 3 "Lightning Edition" bundle, which most likely moved impressive units as well. This puts a dent into Square Enix's retail base, which shipped two million copies for the release, but Japanese fans and importers shouldn't have too much trouble finding the game.
By comparison, another beloved Japanese franchise, New Super Mario Bros Wii, sold over 900,000 units in its first week in Japan. That was enough to steal the record for fastest-selling Wii game, but doesn't hold a candle to FFXIII's first-day success. When the game launches in the U.S. in spring of next year, it will be on twice the number of platforms, but American sales tastes have been moving progressively away from the JRPG. We'll have to see if the Final Fantasy name can still inspire massive sales here as well.

If you want more info from the Japanese launch, check out our launch line report and video blowout to keep you sated until your import copy arrives.

Source: 1up
12-19-2009, 12:25 PM #2
when does this release in the US? I've been waiting for 2 years... had it pre ordered whole time...
12-19-2009, 02:29 PM #3
-Skyline
Anonymous
Wow! The Japanese are crazy for anything with characters with awesome hair. Happy

Can't wait to see the sales figures for this week after this now! =D

the PS3 was already steadily closing in on the 360, now with FFXIII released, I say quiiite a few more will be added to the tally, that and the fact that Japan doesn't like the 360, lol.
12-19-2009, 02:40 PM #4
Cuddler
I<3you!
Heh i'll probably get this when its out in the u.k. Is it still RPG style?
12-19-2009, 03:17 PM #5
Dub Zee
SE Londons Finest
only reason i didnt get a ps3 is the fact its coming to 360 aswell

always guaranteed a great game from Square Enix
12-19-2009, 05:20 PM #6
xXviciousbumXx
At least I can fight
Originally posted by La.

I don't think it is going to be as good on the 360 because it is the first one that is coming to it. Plus i think there is more of a fan base on ps3 for this game
12-19-2009, 05:42 PM #7
Originally posted by La.

only part of it is coming out for 360, there will be single and multiplayer, and 360 will only get one of those and only PART of it. Less game features and supposedly only HALF as much stuff into the game as on PS3

They've been saying it since they started the release.
12-19-2009, 06:56 PM #8
Originally posted by x View Post
Heh i'll probably get this when its out in the u.k. Is it still RPG style?

all final fantasys are rpg
12-19-2009, 09:31 PM #9
Cuddler
I<3you!
Thought as much ")
12-20-2009, 03:12 AM #10
Dallas
Bounty hunter
thank you ive been waiting for this moment

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo