Post: Video: MotorStorm PS3 Hack - Exploit to Run PS3 Backups!
01-03-2010, 02:26 PM #1
Oc
****ING NINJA SHIT
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); PS3 backups, Real or fake?
Discuss!

Note, it's a french video, so many of you won't understand it Winky Winky.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-W6WmLsEjA"]YouTube- Hack PS3 MotorStorm[/ame]

Originally posted by another user
Today MysticHades has posted a video on YouTube of a MotorStorm PS3 hack that has once again surfaced (it originally hit Elotrolado.net and PS3News.com this past November), demonstrating an exploit used to run PS3 backups.

He has also set up a page with links to a MotorStorm PS3 Hack PDF Guide and the related PS3 Save File.

Below is a roughly translated version of the French tutorial:

Currently, due to time constraints, I will not detail each step, I just put the key actions you need to do.

REMINDER: ONLY VIRGIN BLU-RAYS FUNCTIONS, DVDS DO NOT WORK

NOTE: GAMES PS1/PS2 INCOMPATIBLE WITH THE EXPLOIT

Step 1: Install Ubuntu on your PS3 (or kubuntu)
Step 2: Install Windows XP on Ubuntu
Step 3: Install CloneCD on Windows XP and connect to network another PC so has seen in My Network Places. I do not know if AnyDVD HD is necessary, but I installed it for me
Step 4: Open CloneCD, select new image, insert the game, select "Protected PC Game", change the extension to ISO.
Step 5: Ripper Blu-Ray on PC via network favorites.
Step 6: Burn with ImgBurn (or CloneCD) in 1X on the PC or has been ripped game

Here is the original Spanish post, roughly translated:

DEMONH seen... was waiting for the right moment to break the news but good to say it and so we can finish with such nonsense condensed crellendo people who are still superior.

PS3 backups load thanks to an exploit discovered when it is considered necessary is to upload a video showing the event. My way of working will protect this exploit and not give details of how this occurs so that might not make the same mistakes of the past.

You have to patch both updates as other functions, the iso is not worth anyone... It requires a different process than those generated in linux are not worth keeping the encryption layer.

The exploit creates a CheckStop that generates a reboot and does not load everything back into memory but the function of pre patched disk and run the new copy.

The models are tested 40/60/80. The games tested are 3, Killzone 2, Burnout Paradise and PES 2008.

And this is all for now I will not talk any more about it and I hope this thread remains to discuss the jtag, because if I opened this investigation was to help people who have my same problem... broken plate reader pior testing.

-Ps3news

The following 2 users say thank you to Oc for this useful post:

MartinMeko, NanuGama
01-03-2010, 04:05 PM #2
MartinMeko
Little One
Originally posted by Oc
PS3 backups, Real or fake?
Discuss!

Note, it's a french video, so many of you won't understand it Winky Winky.

You must login or register to view this content.

-Ps3news

Ps3 backups may be real (i think) because somthings since the new patch saying your on the mw2 main menu and you just witch your ps3 off at the back.
Now instead of turning it off at your controler , it will come up witch a mss saying "you did not trun off your playsatation3 system correctly last time and you may lose data. ?
01-03-2010, 09:17 PM #3
bmxdude9
Million Miles Of Fun!
It is possible to rip the ISO and bin images on a blue-ray disc either using linux utilites or by using an expensive burner. Now playing it I am not so sure but getting the file is possible and can be done.
01-03-2010, 09:18 PM #4
MysticSoulWolf
Bounty hunter
Even if it is true its not going to be better as Blu Ray burners are very expensive as well as the discs. So it would be better buying the game to save the hassle.
01-03-2010, 10:22 PM #5
Oc
****ING NINJA SHIT
This opens a new gate for modding discs Awesome face, I need to get a bluray burner ASAP.
01-04-2010, 01:23 AM #6
PI55ED
Haxor!
Maybe this was the reason why they removed the OS compatibility on the slim.
I remember reading somewhere that they removed it because it was a threat that they cannot fix so the only way around it was to remove the feature, or something like that but it makes sence now.
01-04-2010, 05:42 AM #7
H₂O
Samurai Poster
Installing Windows XP on linux is easier said than done lol

Nice find
01-04-2010, 07:10 PM #8
Oc
****ING NINJA SHIT
I believe blu-ray burners are priced around 200USD, it's not that much imo.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo