01-20-2010, 03:42 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Sony's PS3 Motion Controller Delayed to Fall
You must login or register to view this content.

In a press release that never actually uses the word delay, Sony announced that they've delayed the launch of their PlayStation 3 Motion Controller from its original spring release to fall of this year.
Although a specific reason for the delay wasn't explicitly given, it looks like it probably amounted to Sony needing more time to launch the device with a strong line-up of compatible games. "We have decided to release the Motion Controller in fall 2010 when we will be able to offer an exciting and varied line-up of software titles that will deliver the new entertainment experience to PS3 users," explained SCE president and group CEO Kaz Hirai. "We will continue to work to have a comprehensive portfolio of attractive and innovative games for the Motion Controller, not only from SCE Worldwide Studios but also from the third party developers and publishers, whom we have been working closely with."

And in a separate but related PS3 motion controller rumor floating around the net, VG247 reports that an official name for the device has been chosen: According to an anonymous but "concrete source," the name is Arc. Yes, Arc. No explanation for this supposed name was given (all weird controller names need an equally weird and strained explanation, don't they?), but Sony gave VG247 a standard "we don't comment on rumor or speculation" response.

But the delay to fall is definitely not a rumor, and sets up an interesting battle later this year -- with Microsoft's Project Natal also previously announced for a fall release, both Natal and the PS3 Motion Controller will now launch just about side-by-side.

-1up

01-20-2010, 04:06 PM #2
samba7
irish and proud
thats bad. i wonder why they did that
01-20-2010, 04:07 PM #3
iMatty
Haxor!
Ah whey, as long as they get some good games for it first it's all good. xD
01-20-2010, 05:49 PM #4
Stub Hero
Laying low low low
Originally posted by GILL View Post
Sony's PS3 Motion Controller Delayed to Fall

In a press release that never actually uses the word delay, Sony announced that they've delayed the launch of their PlayStation 3 Motion Controller from its original spring release to fall of this year.
Although a specific reason for the delay wasn't explicitly given, it looks like it probably amounted to Sony needing more time to launch the device with a strong line-up of compatible games. "We have decided to release the Motion Controller in fall 2010 when we will be able to offer an exciting and varied line-up of software titles that will deliver the new entertainment experience to PS3 users," explained SCE president and group CEO Kaz Hirai. "We will continue to work to have a comprehensive portfolio of attractive and innovative games for the Motion Controller, not only from SCE Worldwide Studios but also from the third party developers and publishers, whom we have been working closely with."

And in a separate but related PS3 motion controller rumor floating around the net, VG247 reports that an official name for the device has been chosen: According to an anonymous but "concrete source," the name is Arc. Yes, Arc. No explanation for this supposed name was given (all weird controller names need an equally weird and strained explanation, don't they?), but Sony gave VG247 a standard "we don't comment on rumor or speculation" response.

But the delay to fall is definitely not a rumor, and sets up an interesting battle later this year -- with Microsoft's Project Natal also previously announced for a fall release, both Natal and the PS3 Motion Controller will now launch just about side-by-side.

-1up

Anyone else think the idea of waving an object shaped like a golf tee with a golf ball stuck on the end seems a bit ridiculous? I'm happy using the current controller if I'd wanted a motion sensor controler I would have gotten a Wii. Sony should stop trying to compete with Nintendo and start focusing on improving future gaming such as 3D gaming.
01-20-2010, 07:55 PM #5
xI2y
Banned
thats a pretty good idea aswell
01-20-2010, 08:04 PM #6
AgentJon
Former Staff
Ah. I remember seeing this at E3, looks cool Happy.
01-20-2010, 08:21 PM #7
lol i kinda want this
01-20-2010, 08:45 PM #8

I really don't like the way it looks, kinda looks like some kind of sex toy......?
01-20-2010, 10:36 PM #9
xSOADx
Banana Joe
Originally posted by I View Post

I really don't like the way it looks, kinda looks like some kind of sex toy......?

lol ye u r right xD
01-21-2010, 02:05 AM #10
mjkuser
OMGNEXTGEN
I would love to get this and play CoD on it. Happy

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo