Post: Epic Regrets Signing Exclusive Gears Of War Contract With Microsoft
01-21-2010, 05:47 PM #1
Caspa
Retired Mod
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Originally posted by another user
The all knowing Michael Pachter had a lot of things to express on You must login or register to view this content., one of them being his belief that Epic Games now regrets signing a deal that would keep the Gears of War Franchise exclusive to the Xbox 360.
Geoff Keighley asked his audience of three, including Kotaku’s Michael McWhertor and Michael Pachter whether they thought it still made sense for publishers to release single platform titles.
“Absolutely not, and I think the Epic guys can’t wait until they can start doing multiplatform games,” Pachter said.

Keighley quickly inserted another question: “Do you think Gears of War is going multiplatform?”
“I don’t. I think that Microsoft has a contract to make sure that they get that sequel, But I think Epic regrets signing that contract,” the wedbush Morgan analyst said. “You’re up to 11 million PS3 in the US and probably similar number in Europe, you got a 20 million addressable market with a game like Gears of War, I mean that thing would easily sell 3 or 4 million on the PS3; that’s a lot of profit.”
Well what’s written in stone can’t be undone; let’s hope Epic could come up with other ideas for games that everyone can enjoy. I’m sure they can.
No word on when the next Gears of War Will be released, but rest assured it’ll come exclusively to the Xbox 360.

Interesting. Personally I'd love to see Gears for PS3, and it certainly looks like Epic are kicking themselves for signing that Microsoft contract. Oh well, lets hope it runs out in the next 200 years, knowing Microsoft.

Via: You must login or register to view this content.
01-21-2010, 07:07 PM #2
Ohh dear, on PS3 the graphics would be soo much better anyway!
01-21-2010, 07:11 PM #3
id bet if it did come to ps3 we would get some half asses shitty port so.
01-21-2010, 07:57 PM #4
all games are held back in size,graphics and gamepla due to the size of the xbox 360's disks. im not a big fan of microsofts exclusives i have plaed them i really think if they were on ps3 there could be so much more the developers could do. gears of war may be exclusive but im sure they will bring games to the ps3 eventually like this game. Its like mgs4 couldnt be on xbox 360 due to the shere size of the file, if you think mgs rising is going to be as good as mgs4 guess again. smaller in size, slower gameplay, worse graphics and lot less playing time.
01-21-2010, 09:48 PM #5
Charaky
Bounty hunter
yup, we really need a game developer to spend times on a proper sized game for ps3, i mean theres proof of 200g blurays out there (although the ps3 lazer isnt strong enough to read these) but still 20g-50g games is pretty good, and it would take a while to make, but in the end its gonna pay off for both sony and the devoloper,
01-21-2010, 10:07 PM #6
schaffinosx
To and fro the island.
This is rather interesting. I'm by all means not against the Xbox 360, nor Xbox Live, but I'm happy to see that more and more developers are beginning to see both the potential in terms of marketing and capabilities of the Playstation 3. Hopefully, for the Playstation 3's sake, other developers will begin to see things similar to Epic studios.
01-24-2010, 04:48 PM #7
MORE NEWS:- THE VIDEO SAYS SOMETHING ALONG THE LINES "EVENTUALLY MASS EFECT 2 WILL COME OUT FOR PS3 BUT THEY JUST CAN'T TALK ABOUT IT". i WOULD START A NEW THREAD AS ITS QUITE INTERESTING

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo