01-23-2010, 11:34 AM #1
Oc
****ING NINJA SHIT
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Geohot is back (hacked the Iphone with jailbreak), on a recent blog post claims to be the first one who hacked the PS3 system.
The hacking process took over 3 years, so we can say it's a pretty secure system eh?

Originally posted by another user
I have read/write access to the entire system memory, and HV level access to the processor. In other words, I have hacked the PS3. The rest is just software. And reversing. I have a lot of reversing ahead of me, as I now have dumps of LV0 and LV1. I've also dumped the NAND without removing it or a modchip.

3 years, 2 months, 11 days...thats a pretty secure system

Took 5 weeks, 3 in Boston, 2 here, very simple hardware cleverly applied, and some not so simple software.

Shout out to George Kharrat from iPhoneMod Brasil for giving me this PS3 a year and a half ago to hack. Sorry it took me so long Smile

As far as the exploit goes, I'm not revealing it yet. The theory isn't really patchable, but they can make implementations much harder. Also, for obvious reasons I can't post dumps. I'm hoping to find the decryption keys and post them, but they may be embedded in hardware. Hopefully keys are setup like the iPhone's KBAG.

Flashed PS3 systems/ISO disc booting?
Discuss!

-Oc

The following user thanked Oc for this useful post:

+sFx. FeLiciTy
01-23-2010, 07:22 PM #11
What sucks is that PS3 games are most of the times between 25-52GB, anything below 25 is a crappy game.
If you want a couple PS# games on your system lets say.. 3-4 and still have a ton of space for you saves, movies, music and picture you will definitely need a 320GB HDD and I doubt you can boot from other devices.. lets say... a 1TB External HDD.... just sayin'
01-23-2010, 08:25 PM #12
Default Avatar
pnykidd
just buy a 1 terabyte harddrive and replace your old one.
01-23-2010, 08:48 PM #13
Originally posted by pnykidd View Post
just buy a 1 terabyte harddrive and replace your old one.

As far as I know the PS3 won't support that much.. I'm not sure
01-23-2010, 10:53 PM #14
lls
Banned
GOOD THING I HAVE A PS3 320 GB AND ANOTHER PS3 WITH A 120 BG HARDRIVE AND I HAVE AN EXTERNAL BUT ITS ONLY LIKE 32 GB'S sorry for caps .... when did i hit that button??
01-23-2010, 11:51 PM #15
hello WORLD
01-24-2010, 01:26 AM #16
crunch
Haxor!
here is the Digg Tiny URL for his Blog where he announced it.
You must login or register to view this content.

Keep up with him directly.
01-24-2010, 03:50 AM #17
Default Avatar
Hester
I hope its not a hardware hack or just an exploit. I want a custom firmware so we can download games :P lol I'm picky
01-24-2010, 05:10 AM #18
Charaky
Bounty hunter
WOOP, plus ive heard of a special method u can do to make copies or backups of your blurays on the ps3 without the need for a computer, didnt really read it all hough
01-24-2010, 10:28 AM #19
Marte
Music is Dead
thats geohot for hopes of hacking a ps3

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo